Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I woke up like 7:30 and have been feeling so sad. I had a couple of good days in a row where i didn't feel down, but had a major crash last night.
    I went to the gym for an induction, as so many people on threads say stuff like this is good to get you out of a rut and to boost your confidence. The induction was going well until it got to the medical forms and I had to put down that i've had a couple of seizures but am not a diagnosed epileptic. They won't met me use the gym until I have a gp's note
    I know it's not a huge thing to be down about but my mind is so fragile atm and i felt i was trying really hard to be upbeat, which lasted an impressive two days in a row.
    Does anyone know how much i might be restricted in the gym area? I can't get to the gp til tomorrow or monday and i don't want to be feeling too disheartened about this all til then.
    I just want to feel happy again like the last two days cos it felt nice.

ReputationRep:
    I think the GPs note might be more to set out what your condition involves and how any incident should be treated for health and safety purposes. I don't really know how seizures affect exercise but I do know it's nothing to be down about as all kinds of medical conditions mean people have to have doctor's notes before doing some activities (such as eczema and asthma).

I you're feeling down all the time try and find someone to talk to-maybe mention it to your doctor while you're there. Sometimes with women it's just to do with our menstrual cycle but it could be something you need to talk through. Feel free to PM if you just need a chat :yep:

ReputationRep:
    They're just covering themselves so you don't have a seisure and sue the pants off of them or what ever. Don't be upset.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry i know what it feels like for something that seems small to upset your whole day. remember that in a couple of days this wont even seem like a problem and you'l probably not even think about it. in the meantime really stay busy, dont try to avoid everything in the hope that nothing else will upset you. this will only lead to wallowing which just makes things worse, hope you feel better soon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.