Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why am I so ******* heavy? Watch

I (anonymously) have been told/guessed that I weight on average over 2 stone lighter than what I actually weigh.
    So why am I so ******* heavy? I am trying (and it's going well) to lose weight, but if I look lighter and normal, why am I practically overweight?!
    My BMI is 24.2, a few more pounds and i'd be overweight, and yet people guess/think I am much lighter. This isn't fair, when I do lose the weight so i'm a comfortable 20 or 19, won't I look too thin? ARGH.

I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I don't have any muscle. ie. I hate exercise.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't get too caught up in the numbers of how much you weight if your BMI is in the healthy range and you are happy with the way you look. Perhaps you are just curvy so all your weight is just carried in the right places?

ReputationRep:
    http://media.gamerevolution.com/imag...at-dr-phil.jpg

ReputationRep:
    You have no willpower, eat too much, and don't do enough exercise.

HTH

ReputationRep:
    Meh, im the same, everyone has me down as weighing 9/10stone but i actually weigh about 12.5 -13stone! I just put it down to my bones being really dense lol i have really boney hips and ribs. Though admittingly i do have pretty muscular legs and my stomach is pretty flat and kinda firm (well from what i've been told...seems i have some muscle going on there too!) . Its just one of those wierd things, anyway the BMI thing is crap and doesn't take into account build and such, i did my BMI on the wii fit and it told me i was morbidly obese, charming!

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao!

ReputationRep:
    You've been told you look fine, and technically you're not even overweight (for all the flaws of BMI), so why are you even bothered about how much you weigh?

I guess if you're that bothered though, stop hating exercise init :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You're like me- everyone thinks I weigh roughly the same as they do, and are shocked when they find out I've got three stone on them. xD

Eh, some people just carry weight better then others. If your BMI's in the healthy range, don't stress yourself out over it. Watch your weight a little, though, so you don't creep up into the unhealthy range.

ReputationRep:
    Genetics.

ReputationRep:
    people are probably just being nice by saying that, they probably realise exactly what you weigh
    or...
    prove me wrong by posting a photo, we can help judge

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people may think you are overweight, but don't want to outright insult you, so cut their estimation by a couple of stone?

You can't base yourself on other peoples thoughts, only on your own. if your not happy with yourself, change yourself.

ReputationRep:
    http://personales.alumno.upv.es/~fal...02_cartman.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Can I see a picture?

ReputationRep:
    Pics or it didn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    What people say to your face is likely to be different to what they actually think.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm the other way round, being six foot two and a rugby player most people expect me to be about 14 stone but I weigh 12 and a half, I think I'd rather have it your way :P

(Original post by Dadeyemi)
    What people say to your face is likely to be different to what they actually think.
    No, this is an anonymous website where you post your picture and people guess your weight. I don't know these people/they don't know me, I was just curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamz0770)
    Well I'm the other way round, being six foot two and a rugby player most people expect me to be about 14 stone but I weigh 12 and a half, I think I'd rather have it your way :P
    Do you resemble Jack from a Knightmare before X-mas or something? You must get broken on the pitch, the only guys I knew that weighed that was the scrum half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Do you resemble Jack from a Knightmare before X-mas or something? You must get broken on the pitch, the only guys I knew that weighed that was the scrum half
    Nah, I'm surprisingly well built and run the hundred meters in about 11.8 seconds. Play number 8 lol

ReputationRep:
    Well if people think you look slim, and you're healthy, why care how much you actually tip the scales at? Sounds like a good result to me if it's an anonymous site, be happy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.