Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For all the girls with size 8/9/10/+ feet Watch

• View Poll Results: What size feet do you have (Girls!)?
    84.85%
    12.12%
    3.03%
    11+
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I have size 9 feet and I am finding it increasingly difficult to find decent pairs of shoes :mad: and the ones that I do find are a tiny part of the companys actual collection! (Normally the hideous/ boring ones :tongue:)

I have created this thread to find out how many other young people suffer the same problems I do. I have trawled loads of city centres in search of a shop that stocks size 9's, at a reasonable price and where a decent amount collection is available; whenever I find a pair of shoes in a shop window that I like...I end up finding out they only go up to an 8 :rolleyes:

Obviously there are a few companies that stock size 9's+, off the top of my head I can think of Brantano, Evans (shoes from here are more or less always too wide for me) KangaROOs and Duo. If you know of any more, let me know! :tongue: Places like New look and Next claim to stock size 9's, but I am yet to see a pair actually in the shop! I hate having to order off the internet, I'd rather try the shoes on first

There have been a few threads on shoe size in the past, but I couldn't find one specifically for the people with big feet! But sorry if it has been done before!

I will post a poll when I work out how. I am looking into writing to various companies to ask why they do not stock size 9's and whether or not they will in the future. There are increasing numbers of young girls with larger feet (my cousins friend is 12 and already a size 9 :eek:) and its about time companies began stocking larger sizes as standard!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    My feet are size 8 and I've had problems for yeearrs...when I was at school I had to wear those horrible bootleg shoes all the time as I couldn't find anything else - that was of a good quality - to wear!
    I dread to think what it's like for people with larger feet than me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateFish)
    My feet are size 8 and I've had problems for yeearrs...when I was at school I had to wear those horrible bootleg shoes all the time as I couldn't find anything else - that was of a good quality - to wear!
    I dread to think what it's like for people with larger feet than me
    Yep I was the same! Those hideous thick rubber heels :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    It IS such a pain!
    I mean nowadays it is slightly better than a couple of years ago, but I ahve to go before sales start because they always run out of sizes.

Im a UK Size 8. Ugh.
    Its all my dad's fault, I have his massive feet.

I never knew Brantano made size 9s :O I might go there this weekend then!

ReputationRep:
    I'm size 9 and have been struggling for years too.

I was impressed that New Look had any size 9s at all when I found them the other week. It doesn't seem to be in every style, generally only the ballet pump and trainer style shoes, but its certainly better than nothing. At least I have a nice pair of girly trainers now, rather than having to get unisex ones from Office.

When places do stock size 9s they only seem to have one or two pairs in each style, so they sell really quickly. There are obviously way more of us than they seem to think! An assistant in Topshop a couple of years ago told me they only get one size 9 in each style, which is ridiculous if thats still true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    It IS such a pain!
    I mean nowadays it is slightly better than a couple of years ago, but I ahve to go before sales start because they always run out of sizes.

Im a UK Size 8. Ugh.
    Its all my dad's fault, I have his massive feet.

I never knew Brantano made size 9s :O I might go there this weekend then!
    Yeh it is a little bit better, I have been a size 9 from the age of 13 and back then it was hell! I lived in the old style kangaROOs...a red, blue and white pair of trainers with a thick heel! And for school....US brass or Bootleg hideous thick heel things! :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Rach20)
    I'm size 9 and have been struggling for years too.

I was impressed that New Look had any size 9s at all when I found them the other week. It doesn't seem to be in every style, generally only the ballet pump and trainer style shoes, but its certainly better than nothing. At least I have a nice pair of girly trainers now, rather than having to get unisex ones from Office.

When places do stock size 9s they only seem to have one or two pairs in each style, so they sell really quickly. There are obviously way more of us than they seem to think! An assistant in Topshop a couple of years ago told me they only get one size 9 in each style, which is ridiculous if thats still true.
    Yep, my trainers are currently a plain black pair of Duffs from TK Max...in the mens section Companies like DC, Etnies, Roxy, Rocket Dog etc need to sort it out! They have really nice girls shoes
    I am yet to find a size 9 in new look in my town, I'll keep searching! Whenever I ask sales assistants for a 9 I ALWAYS get 'ohh all we have its whats out'....thats just shop talk for I cant be bothered to go look! :tongue: Its the same in Next, they claim to stock 9's but I have tried both my local Next and I travelled down to Cardiff hoping they would have some...and there were none in either! I was hoping since Cardiff Next is such a huge store they would at least have a few pairs...but alas

ReputationRep:
    The thing that really bugs me is the disparity between sizes depending on which EU size they claim to correspond with - 8/41s (eg Topshop, Primark) are definitely smaller than 8/42s (which I sometimes fit into rather than having to eek out a 9)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklysparkles)
    The thing that really bugs me is the disparity between sizes depending on which EU size they claim to correspond with - 8/41s (eg Topshop, Primark) are definitely smaller than 8/42s (which I sometimes fit into rather than having to eek out a 9)
    Yes!!!!
    I have a pair of boots from Fat Face that are a size 41...yet I have no trouble getting my size 9 feet into them! :rolleyes: We can't exactly go around trying on all the 41's just to see if they fit!
    A standard system for ALL shoes would be better!

ReputationRep:
    I finally bought some pumps from New Look at size 9 a few months ago.

It was the happiest moment of my life :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Alas, it is a problem for us men to. Curse these size 12s of mine
    I find there's a much better range in the outlet shopping side of things rather than the high street. And if the range is not larger, then it's certainly not uglier. That said, I guess there's no bias from fashion houses against making big shoes for men, as there's no associated male-male stigma for having big feet (though this could be ********).

Some introspection from Blatant Troll

ReputationRep:
    Yup I'm an 8 but never really had much trouble considering girls shoes stop at 8...sorry!

But I have seen at Office, and Faith that they both go up to a 9!

http://www.office.co.uk/perl/go.pl/s...ce=0&submit=GO - search result for size 9 flats.

http://www.faith.co.uk/categorylist....language=en-GB - size 9s

Long tall sally too, maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I have size 7-8 feet and I've honestly never had a problem getting shoes! I usually get mine from New Look, Office, Schuh or Primark.

Office and Faith do shoes up to a size 9 [EDIT: Beaten to it :sad:]

I'm a size 8 and I don't really have problems finding shoes but that's only because I don't buy that many shoes anyway but my sister is a size 9 and it's hell finding shoes that fit her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    I find there's a much better range in the outlet shopping side of things rather than the high street. And if the range is not larger, then it's certainly not uglier. That said, I guess there's no bias from fashion houses against making big shoes for men, as there's no associated male-male stigma for having big feet (though this could be ********).

Yep! My boyfriends the same :yep:
    Hmm thats a thought, men are expected to have big feet....whereas being a girl and having a size 9 is seen as weird I've been into many shops and get strange looks from sales assistants

(Original post by rosieee91)
    Yup I'm an 8 but never really had much trouble considering girls shoes stop at 8...sorry!

But I have seen at Office, and Faith that they both go up to a 9!

http://www.office.co.uk/perl/go.pl/s...ce=0&submit=GO - search result for size 9 flats.

http://www.faith.co.uk/categorylist....language=en-GB - size 9s

Long tall sally too, maybe?
    Ooh! I never knew Faith went up to a 9!! :woo:
    I went into office the other day, and they didnt have one pair of size 9's in stock :rolleyes: And they aren't very cheap! £35 for a plain black pair of pumps!
    Long tall sally are also useless...went into one of their shops last week and all they had was one pair of black flats...

ReputationRep:
    I feel everyones pain at the moment. Im a size 8/9 depending on shop and i have wide feet. Which seeem to be too wide for new look wide shoes. I hate going into shops and not finding my shoe size. Im currently squeezing my feet into a small pair of size 8 pumps untill i have enough money to buy some decent pairs.

ReputationRep:
    i like my size 8s! theres ALWAYS a huge selection of them in the sales, cos no1 else wants them! lol! CHEAP SHOES yey

ReputationRep:
    I've got size 12 feet and have spent hours looking for places that stock them
    "we've got them in a 10 so you can always try them".....errr, not happening

My sister has got size 9 feet and gets most of her trainers from tk maxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)

worse for men with small feet. my stepdads a size 5/6. (smaller than me) it was painful finding him some flipflops as a fathers day gift! lol!

ReputationRep:
    I agree, trying to find "appropriate" and "not boring" shoes (particularly for school) can be hell for anyone with size 8+ I'm afraid, girls you are not alone haha - it's the same for guys too.

I think what they assume is if you're "old enough to have feet that big you must be boring and very sensible"

THAT SAID... consider a trip to the new Clarks website, you can indeed find some "nicer" footware in bigger sizes in the Bootleg range. Some stop at 9 yes, but, the point is they're slowly extending out.

And. As stated by one or two posts, there doesn't seem to be a consistent "size" right? I think... sometimes though it's worth getting your feet re-measured because you sometimes find last time it wasn't right! Putting more weight on one foot by mistake whilst being measured and such can alter the size they suggest for you, because they go with the bigger foot so both are accommodated and apparently it's rare to have two feet exactly the same size. Also, in shops where they sell a sort of "standard" (to save money) like Shoe Zone you can fall into the trap of thinking "their size 8 fits me, so any size 8 will..." Not so!

Try that while it's still early in summer and you're needing a new pair for the new term.

ReputationRep:
    This is the most annoying thing about being as tall as I am!

Most of my shoes come from Evans, and then Brantano, Long Tall Sally, tallgirls.co.uk, Barratts do a larger range and I'll try n think of more n add them.

I did consider at one point starting a company that just did shoes in this range, purely because the choice is so limited, and pretty middle aged :tongue:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.