Barratts
Evans
tallgirls.co.uk
French Sole
Faith

> thats all I can think of and most of these have been said :/
Reply 21
blahhh

Yep, my trainers are currently a plain black pair of Duffs from TK Max...in the mens section :frown: Companies like DC, Etnies, Roxy, Rocket Dog etc need to sort it out! They have really nice girls shoes :frown:
I am yet to find a size 9 in new look in my town, I'll keep searching! Whenever I ask sales assistants for a 9 I ALWAYS get 'ohh all we have its whats out'....thats just shop talk for I cant be bothered to go look! :tongue: Its the same in Next, they claim to stock 9's but I have tried both my local Next and I travelled down to Cardiff hoping they would have some...and there were none in either! I was hoping since Cardiff Next is such a huge store they would at least have a few pairs...but alas :frown:

I spent the whole of last year living a pair of black Duffs, they were the only half decent thing I could find anywhere. :frown:

New look does a lot of nines these days, but some of them seem on the small side for a proper 9. More like an 8 1/2, which is REALLY frustrating....
Reply 22
Beanybob
I spent the whole of last year living a pair of black Duffs, they were the only half decent thing I could find anywhere. :frown:

New look does a lot of nines these days, but some of them seem on the small side for a proper 9. More like an 8 1/2, which is REALLY frustrating....

I'm still forced to wear them :frown: They're literally falling apart now...but I can't find anything to replace them!!
And yes!!! Thats exactly the problem :frown: (or the front of pumps are two short, giving you toe cleavage :no: )
Reply 23
blahhh
I'm still forced to wear them :frown: They're literally falling apart now...but I can't find anything to replace them!!
And yes!!! Thats exactly the problem :frown: (or the front of pumps are two short, giving you toe cleavage :no: )

I would still be wearing mine only they fell apart in such a way that there was a big plastic lumpy bit poking out, which shredded my heels till they bled if I tried to walk more than a couple of miles at a time :frown: I was gutted....
Reply 24
Beanybob
I would still be wearing mine only they fell apart in such a way that there was a big plastic lumpy bit poking out, which shredded my heels till they bled if I tried to walk more than a couple of miles at a time :frown: I was gutted....

MINE ARE EXACTLY LIKE THAT! haha they do seriously need to go :frown:
I'm an 8/9 and have no problem buying shoes these days. Perhaps shopping in a big city helps? Everywhere seems to have loads of 8's and 9's too if the store goes up to that size. A few years ago it was a problem and I hated shopping for shoes. Thankfully school shoes weren't an issue as I had a gorgeous pair of Mary Jane DM's (like proper shoes not the horrible boots) that lasted years. I just don't buy shoes in cheap places like Primark as they are generally too small but I don't seem to have a problem buying shoes, have so many pairs that all my friends comment on the size of my collection. Think I got a bit obsessed when I realised that everywhere sold shoes in my size. Most of my shoes, especially heels as I need those in a 9 are from New Look, but M&S, Next, Schuh, Barratts and DP's are good too.
Reply 26
For heavens sake all you people with size 8, it's quite normal these days, and ALL high street shops go up to an 8, not 9 perhaps, but I've seen 8's in the shops!!!!!!!!!!

For the OP, Topshop do size 9's :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 27
Skye333
For the OP, Topshop do size 9's :biggrin: :biggrin:

I cant find any online :confused:
Reply 28
blahhh
I cant find any online :confused:

errmm... they're in european sizes? yeah. They go up to a 42, 41 is an 8 (which I get), so 42 is a 9. (Maybe the ones you looked at, were sold out in that size?, happens quicker with the bigger sizes).

Okay, these shoes are not very nice, but just to show you the sizes:

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=73930&parent_category_rn=42358&productId=1203000&langId=-1
Skye333
errmm... they're in european sizes? yeah. They go up to a 42, 41 is an 8 (which I get), so 42 is a 9. (Maybe the ones you looked at, were sold out in that size?, happens quicker with the bigger sizes).

Okay, these shoes are not very nice, but just to show you the sizes:

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=73930&parent_category_rn=42358&productId=1203000&langId=-1

In general, though, a 42 is considered to be an 8 - a 41 is a 7.25 if we want to be technical - that might be the problem.
Yea I always considered a 42 as an 8
The discrepancy between EU sizes is really annoying... and for all the
Everyone has a size 8
, most of them only actually have 41s, which doesn't really cut it.
Reply 32
I'm a 7-8 so don't have the problem fortunately.

Ideas: (!)

Faith. As has been said, loads of size 9s
Large 8s. Might sound obvious but sizes do vary! Or what about strappy heels in an 8, would they not fit. I find I'm always a 7 in heels but in some flats I'm an 8.

Uggs. They fit really big! An 8 would fit you I think, or get mens.

Plimsolls. Get mens version, pretty much the same!
I have size 10 feet - or a woman's size 12 in the US - although if I buy men's shoes in the US (like men's Converse) then I'm a men's 10.5!

It's bloody annoying. I hate it. Finding nice shoes can be an utter nightmare.
I'm a size 8 but my feet are a bit wide so sometimes I'd need a nine just for the width. I don't find it that difficult to get shoes tbh but I don't like having to get them in Evans because then they're a bit too wide.

I agree with whoever mentioned 41/42 - why are there two different sizes? :mad:

I don't know if anyone mentioned Shoe Tailor - they also go up to a nine in most styles. Some ASOS shoes go up to a nine now too actually but they're renowned for being very small fitting anyway so they're probably more like 8s.
Amelia31

I did consider at one point starting a company that just did shoes in this range, purely because the choice is so limited, and pretty middle aged :tongue:

haha, you should definitely do it :biggrin: great idea, although i wouldn't benefit, i'm a size 4. :o:
I'm a size UK 9 and used to buy my shoes from Priceless shoes. They were very cheap and relatively nice, and all the styles they sold they had in a size 9. Then they went bust and closed down :mad: Now I buy them from Shoe Zone, but they lack a range of styles.
Reply 37
Why aren't size 7 allowed in the poll?

:cry:
blahhh
Companies like DC, Etnies, Roxy, Rocket Dog etc need to sort it out!

Not size 9, admittedly, but I got some size 8 Rocket Dog trainers from Brantano.
As has been said, Shoe Zone is quite cheap and they do a lot of size 9's. Good atm for black pumps and for school/work shoes.

Latest

Trending

Trending