Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/ugprospec...workplacements

this site states that the mechanical engineering department got exchange schemes with the University of California. Do you know which UC it is? UC Berkeley?

ReputationRep:
    Berkeley.

ReputationRep:
    If any UC is ever described simply as "University of California" or "Cal" they are referring to UC Berkeley. UCB was the first "UC" and therefore many people just say university of california.

ReputationRep:
    you are forgetting though that there is ucla, caltech and ucb. all very respectable engineering institutions. it's a fair question he asked..

your information may be familiar with people in the US but it is unlikely many people in the uk or rest of world would know that.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Badgerman, CalTech isn't in the University of California. Also, UCSD and UCSB have extremely good engineering depts. Check up on it before you post, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    prick. i never said caltech was part of uc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I come across as a bit of a **** there, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badger.man)
    prick. i never said caltech was part of uc.
    it is a different uni init?

ReputationRep:
    When I applied for this scheme the application was for UC, that is university of california. Upon getting the exchange we would have to make an application to the individual colleges but we were guaranteed to get in. I'd suppose most people would go to Berkeley, possibly San Diego or UCLA (coming from engineering).

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.