Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, i'm currently in university studying towards into my 3rd year, i decided to do finish off the course and re-do my A-level and get into a more prestigious university, and do a 2nd degree.

i'm thinking of doing a one year A-level course (3 subjects - maths, economics, business studies)

anyone else has had something similar to my situation? and could tell me roughly how much it costs or even recommend some colleges that offer these programmes?

(also open to debate and discussion over this issue)

thank you.

ReputationRep:
    You could do the one year A-level course on your own and then take the exams of the relevant exam board that you studied at a centre near you.

ReputationRep:
    so you say i should just learn the topics by myself [at home] and just enter for the exams to save money? or you mean something else?

ReputationRep:
    City of Westminster College offers 1 year a level in maths. You can do them for free if you are receiving means tested benefits. Or if you have the money then try independent/private colleges like Duff Miller, Campbell Harris, etc. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icewing)
    so you say i should just learn the topics by myself [at home] and just enter for the exams to save money? or you mean something else?
    Well, I wasn't thinking about the money aspect, but just that I did not really know any colleges that offer a one year A Level route. But yes, do the studying at home, and enter yourself for the exams only.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help so far.
    Can someone tell me if this course will give me one a level if I only do it for one year.
    http://www.conel.ac.uk/our_courses/c...ourse/ND3MTRT5
    Because for two years it gives you two a levels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.