Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University Examinations - Retakes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I had a hard time catching up this year after I had to have surgery and managed to just miss the pass mark for my first year at KCL (Bsc: Human Sci) by a few percent. I have been given the chance to resit in August and would like some advice on preparation/revision strategies.

At this point I know what I need to do, which is to effectively revise for four modules by the 10th Aug...... the question is how can I do it better. I thought asking for some tips and advice might help me to see where I might have gone wrong with my revision(other than the lack of time) and enable me to improve it this time round.

The modules are:
    Histology
    Biochemistry
    Genetics
    Physiology

The exams are two hours each comprised of MCQ, short answer and essay based questions.

All tips and advice welcome...

Get a REALISTIC timetable and stick to it.
    Sleep as much as you want, revision should never interfere with sleep.
    Do a little bit of each module and alternate.
    Past papers if you have them really help.
    Ask friends doing same/similar degree to look at your essays and SAQs a couple of times, or ask professionals at uni if they could have a look.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your replies. Good advice BCM... I will make sure I follow it. Asking friends is a great idea! I have started now and it seems to be going well.

(Original post by SLBarnard)
    Thank you for your replies. Good advice BCM... I will make sure I follow it. Asking friends is a great idea! I have started now and it seems to be going well.

np, good stuff - the best of luck to ya

btw if you have any specific qs on any of the last three modules you listed feel free to PM me (i took what i would imagine to be kinda similar stuff and will try my best) - and of course the academic help forums are avaliable, usually can get quick reply there :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.