Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, when do we get it?

Also... i missed 1 lesson. And it isn't even a proper lesson it was just tutor group. Will i still get my EMA bonus? Or will they take it into account. I got 100% attendance besides that.

If i dont get it, is there a place where i can appeal?

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    You need 94% attendance to receive it I think, unless that's just my college's criteria.

ReputationRep:
    The criteria depends on the school usually.

And I got my payment last week. £100.

ReputationRep:
    Got mine last week as well.

ReputationRep:
    Colleges can have their own criteria but I doubt not having 100% attendance will mean you wont get it. At my 6th form we need 90% and above. And we have have to make sure that we receievd EMA for the past four weeks prior to getting the bonus.

edit: are there any a2 students who have got a bonus? I havent received ema since my last exam in mid-june.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, maybe my bank hasn't updated or something.... I hope. I must be on like 99.5% attendance.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine last week Ours depended on whether you're on course to meet your target grades or something...and yeah, attendance.

ReputationRep:
    Never knew anything about bonuses we've only ever been given the Christmas one at my college oh well. Are they issued now? dunno though my last exam was the 3rd May and I haven't been in since so I doubt I qualify lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    Colleges can have their own criteria but I doubt not having 100% attendance will mean you wont get it. At my 6th form we need 90% and above. And we have have to make sure that we receievd EMA for the past four weeks prior to getting the bonus.

edit: are there any a2 students who have got a bonus? I havent received ema since my last exam in mid-june.
    I did A2 and continued being paid even after my exams had finished, then I got my bonus last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I did A2 and continued being paid even after my exams had finished, then I got my bonus last week.
    What!!!! arghhhhh hi hate my 6th form. I'm missing out on much needed cash.

:eek3: :eek: :eek3: :mad: :eek3:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't get a bonus until the first week of August, so... We needed 100% attendance in lessons and 100% attendance to exams, it really depends on the college/sixth form.

We didn't get paid EMA after our last exam, though we did get a random payment last week... I'm not complaining!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I don't get a bonus until the first week of August, so... We needed 100% attendance in lessons and 100% attendance to exams, it really depends on the college/sixth form.

We didn't get paid EMA after our last exam, though we did get a random payment last week... I'm not complaining!
    really? arghh I've not received a payment or bonus at all since mid-june. I hate my 6th form, I bet they launder all the money that we are supposed to get and splash out on new staff room chairs :mad: :rolleyes: :p:

oh btw I love animal crossing! wish I could connect to people worldwide though but I cant get a friend code because my version of it is on one of them DS memory cartridges.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by jabed786)
    really? arghh I've not received a payment or bonus at all since mid-june. I hate my 6th form, I bet they launder all the money that we are supposed to get and splash out on new staff room chairs :mad: :rolleyes: :p:

oh btw I love animal crossing! wish I could connect to people worldwide though but I cant get a friend code because my version of it is on one of them DS memory cartridges.
    Keep waiting! It's only mid-July! Chances are your school waits til the end of July, or even early August like mine. If you're not eligible they will probably let you know. I don't think you're technically supposed to receive EMA after you finish exams because... well, you're not there are you? :tongue:

Indeed, I need wireless to be able to do it I can do ds to ds fine, but I doubt people will ever visit my Wii town:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I got EMA for about 3 or 4 weeks after my last exam

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even know about this summer bonus!

The money just appeared...!

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell do you need a summer bonus? Jesus Christ almighty, you're not even at freaking school/college. It makes me sick. I could just get a knife and cut my face, I really could - it gets me so mad.

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't get EMA I would hate these threads. So, so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vexed)
    Why the hell do you need a summer bonus? Jesus Christ almighty, you're not even at freaking school/college. It makes me sick. I could just get a knife and cut my face, I really could - it gets me so mad.
    are you still here?

ReputationRep:
    i haven't got mine yet, when is it going to go into my bank or............???????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    are you still here?
    I am, yes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.