Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I know this is a bit of a pathetic question but it's something I'm really concerned about..so here goes...

I am beginning a science foundation year this year and will then progress on to a Biomedical Science degree.
    My concerns are ....how do you acually learn all the many many complicated names and terminology involved in the subject..particularly the spelling???
    Des anyne have any helpful tips or is it just a case of read read and read up some more??

ReputationRep:
    Read them, write them and use them enough and you'll learn them.

ReputationRep:
    It just takes revision. You'll find yourself using them often enough anyway so it becomes easier!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    Read them, write them and use them enough and you'll learn them.

Thank you - that's really what I wanted to hear. I just need assurance that they WLL stick in my brain...because at the moment it really is like reading another language...:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, OT, but :love: your name! The Rik :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dropdeadfred2)
    Hi

I know this is a bit of a pathetic question but it's something I'm really concerned about..so here goes...

I am beginning a science foundation year this year and will then progress on to a Biomedical Science degree.
    My concerns are ....how do you acually learn all the many many complicated names and terminology involved in the subject..particularly the spelling???
    Des anyne have any helpful tips or is it just a case of read read and read up some more??

Keep reading and reading, and use the words as well!...you'll use them in class anyways...make notes, stick them on your wall etc..

ReputationRep:
    just carry on with the skills you learnt in your foundation year
    reading, writing down, and relearning, rewriting again until you get it to stick

i know with my uni with biomed a few modules are like we don't really care about the spelling if we can tell what it is, if a few letters are out of place and that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    just carry on with the skills you learnt in your foundation year
    reading, writing down, and relearning, rewriting again until you get it to stick

i know with my uni with biomed a few modules are like we don't really care about the spelling if we can tell what it is, if a few letters are out of place and that

Thanks for that, you have all made me feel better. It's the spellings that worry me more than the actual knowledge !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dropdeadfred2)
    Thanks for that, you have all made me feel better. It's the spellings that worry me more than the actual knowledge !!
    i think most uni will let you off with a few miss spelt words, like mixing a few letters up, they are not really that hard, most of them you are using over and over again, so up end up remembering them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.