Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    ive recently applied to my local citizens advice bureau for some experience to help my application when seeking a training contract. However i ahve not been taken up so far.

    does anyone have a list of other places which would help bolster my cv.
    places where i could apply or volunteer.

    i live near london


    Remember that non-legal experience is also very useful - I volunteered with Mencap and basically met with and mentored a teenager with special needs. I was asked about it in most interviews.

    You could try applying to other CAB which are in range. You could see if your uni has any pro-bono or volunteer societies. You could volunteer with the NSPCC. Check out www.do-it.org and see what you can find.

    Here are a few more places...

    - LawWorks
    - Legal Advice Centres
    - Bar Pro Bono Unit
    - Free Representation Unit
    - Youth Justice
    - Projects Abroad (law)
    - Victim Support
    - Amicus
    - A4ID
    - Innocence Network
    - Age Concern Advocacy Projects
    - Release
    - Appropriate Adult Scheme
    - Law for All
    - Whitechapel Mission

    Hope thats some help!
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.