Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

X Box mystery red red ring of death dissapeared Watch

ReputationRep:
    So yesterday I got the red ring of death on my console, looked up the warning signs that said it was - the 3 flashing red lights, a chequerboard pattern occuring when you play games..

Then i turned it on this morning and the red ring had been replaced by the green lights - effectively its working again. But I get the feeling that its internally damaged and its only a matter of time before it goes red again.

Has anyone had a simular problem?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty common actually, but you're sitting on a timebomb. Fundamentally check the airflow for cooling purposes because many 360 RROD's come from overheating of components

ReputationRep:
    Mines done about two times its always been ok for me next day.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you're going to get an E74 error, essentially it's as damaging as the red ring, but you don't actually get a red ring. I think it's something to do with the GPU. It probably will be if you get a chequerboard pattern. When mine had that, if I brought up the guide I could clearly see it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow!)
    I reckon you're going to get an E74 error, essentially it's as damaging as the red ring, but you don't actually get a red ring. I think it's something to do with the GPU. It probably will be if you get a chequerboard pattern. When mine had that, if I brought up the guide I could clearly see it though.
    My boyfriend got this the other day... He was not impressed!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.