Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Someone help me calm down .. :( watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i have my THIRD, yes.. you heard right, driving test. I need to pass it. I don't have the time or money to take another one and it's getting me reeeeaaally worked up!

Anyone got any tips on how to relax and chill out before the test because i KNOOWWW i can pass! I failed on stupid mistakes last time so i just think i need to relax!

Any help!?
    Because currently i'm going into the test like this :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    the obvious answer - don't forget to breath.
    think about breathing (obviously without forgetting about your dricving) but in and out deeply if you feel yourself start to panic.

ReputationRep:
    Honest answer? When you're good enough to pass you will.

ReputationRep:
    Check mirrors every 7 seconds. Examiners dig that kind of thing. Oh yeah stay calm.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a lot of advise to offer, but I can say that 3 times isn't so bad. I know someone who took 7 attempts. Seven. SEVEN.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down.
    Quickly go over answers for checking lights/windscreen fluid/oil etc

CHECK MIRRORS A LOT
    CHECK LOTS BEFORE PULLING OUT OF A JUNCTION, (although don't be too slow or you will get hesitant minors!)
    CHECK YOUR IN THE RIGHT GEAR FOR SPEED
    DON'T GO OVER SPEED LIMIT (self-explaintory, but this is why my brother failed!)

What ever you do don't panic!
    Don't be bothered what other road users think (this was my main downfall!), you have a big 'L' they know what your going through!

Although driving is practical it should be fun
    ...So Good Luck and have fun!

ReputationRep:
    have a ****, go for a quick jog, start a fight, breath, sleep etc.

ReputationRep:
    just think you have to drive for like 20-30min without doing anything stupid mistake and your sorted. just have a normal drive.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice guys. it helped. But i failed. for the most pathetic annoying reason in the world.
    In total i got:

ONE MINOR = Stalled it.

ONE MAJOR = Went at 40 in a 60 road because i didn't see the ******* god damn sign.

And that is it. that was it. I GOT ONE ******* MINOR.. AND IF I HAD SEEN THE SIGN I WOULD HAVE BLOODY PASSED.

Does anyone else feel that the markign system is ******* UNFAIR?! grrrrrrr

As im sure you can tell.... i am extreeeemly annoyed. It wasn't like i was speeding. The worsrt part is i thought ot myself "im sure i can remember tyhis is a 60 road" but considering the second test i took a risk and it meant i failed.. i decided to play it safe. which cost me my ******* license.

I AM SO ANNOYED.

ReputationRep:
    well atleast you know that you can drive and it was just a silly mistake.
    were you slowing the other cars or sumit as my instructor told me that in a 60 zone only go to 40-50.
    next time you will pass :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koko91)
    Thanks for your advice guys. it helped. But i failed. for the most pathetic annoying reason in the world.
    In total i got:

ONE MINOR = Stalled it.

ONE MAJOR = Went at 40 in a 60 road because i didn't see the ******* god damn sign.

And that is it. that was it. I GOT ONE ******* MINOR.. AND IF I HAD SEEN THE SIGN I WOULD HAVE BLOODY PASSED.

Does anyone else feel that the markign system is ******* UNFAIR?! grrrrrrr

As im sure you can tell.... i am extreeeemly annoyed. It wasn't like i was speeding. The worsrt part is i thought ot myself "im sure i can remember tyhis is a 60 road" but considering the second test i took a risk and it meant i failed.. i decided to play it safe. which cost me my ******* license.

I AM SO ANNOYED.

I've not taken a driving test, do you have to push the speed upto the speed limit or something?

ReputationRep:
    I confused for a while there on why you failed, but then I remembered that only Northern Ireland has the ridiculous 45mph speed limit for learners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I've not taken a driving test, do you have to push the speed upto the speed limit or something?
    Legally, only if you're in a minimum zone. But examiners dont like you going too low even if you're perfectly entitled to.

See above ^.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koko91)
    Ok so i have my THIRD, yes.. you heard right, driving test. I need to pass it. I don't have the time or money to take another one and it's getting me reeeeaaally worked up!

Anyone got any tips on how to relax and chill out before the test because i KNOOWWW i can pass! I failed on stupid mistakes last time so i just think i need to relax!

Any help!?
    Because currently i'm going into the test like this :eek3:

1.drive as if its another lesson, with a stranger sitting next to you.
    2. dont worry if they not something down, you might have not seen properly what they were doing.
    3. Make conversation. dont just sit in silence. relax, and ask him how long he has been doing this job for, if he enjoys it, etc etc.
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iain 815)
    I confused for a while there on why you failed, but then I remembered that only Northern Ireland has the ridiculous 45mph speed limit for learners.
    heh, I was confused too :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    well atleast you know that you can drive and it was just a silly mistake.
    were you slowing the other cars or sumit as my instructor told me that in a 60 zone only go to 40-50.
    next time you will pass :yep:
    At one point there was cars behind me but there was a lane for them to BLOODY OVERTAKE ME!

Its just so frustrating.

i just thought in my head.. i'd rather go slower and not be potentially speeding rather than going at a speed that may well be a lot higher than the speed limit.

I am just so annoyed.

Already booking another test and trying for cancellations cos i think it takes the piss :/

ReputationRep:
    Have you told many people about when your test is? I didn't tell anyone but my mom and then my brother found out on the morning of the test and it was my 4th test and I passed. I found it took some pressure off cos I wouldn't have to tell anyone I'd failed yet again like I did with my 3 previous tests. I didn't even tell anyone that I'd had one booked let alone when it was and when I passed I could go and tell them that I had passed my driving test rather than ask me if I had and if I had failed no-one would have been any the wiser. Also chew gum I found it help me concentrate more.

ReputationRep:
    Come On To The Examiner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    Quite probably. The effect you have on following traffic makes the difference between a driving fault and a serious. If your instructor has really told you to drive at a fixed speed regardless of conditions, you should change instructor. Although you shouldn't go flying around tight bends too fast, you shouldn't make following traffic slow down unnecessarily (or force them to overtake for that matter when they shouldn't have to) on the easy straight-ish bit just because you can't spot signs.

ReputationRep:
    Grow an obsession with mirrors, and take your time, that is all.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.