Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Someone help me calm down .. :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElegantElephant™)
    Grow an obsession with mirrors, and take your time, that is all.
    I think most girls have this problem already.

The op just needs a good slap :yes:

Good luck, driving tests aren't easy just concentrate on driving than think too much about passing (if that makes sense). One step at a time...

ReputationRep:
    mmmm.

I have my second driving test in one week.

I failed the first because i did an emergency stop to stop at an amber light, and the bloke behind me must have had a heart attack, i can look back and laugh now.

Second Major was that i indicated at the wrong place on a roundabout.

Third Major was that there wasnt a car in sight when i pulled out to go straight ahead at a crossroad, and then just as i was at the other side a car appeared and the examiner used his brakes so that we could STOP RIGHT IN THE WAY OF THE BLOODY CAR when if he'd let me carry on, we'd have been clear of it.
    I mean, you cant sit at crossroads forever waiting for any cars to come along can you? If you dont see any, you pull out.
    I basically overrode his braking by using my accelerator quite harshly to get us out of there.

I think i will pass next time.

And so will you OP, its stupid mistakes that fail us yes, but stupid mistakes you wont ever make again.
    Positive positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I think most girls have this problem already.

Good luck, driving tests aren't easy just concentrate on driving than think too much about passing (if that makes sense). One step at a time...
    Lol! How could I forget

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

Um.. why?!

ReputationRep:
    OP, let us know how it goes please
    Good luck, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I will agree with you OP, marking system isn't right.

I made a silly amount of mistakes, there's no way I should have passed but I did, stalled at a round about, paniked and so swung out while on the inside lane so the car next to me had to brake and swerve out of the way. I pulled over on a corner and I stopped at traffic lights a cars length in front of the line - and yet I passed first time. So it seems really harsh when you hear of people who failed over petty mistakes.

Good luck in your next test OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    I will agree with you OP, marking system isn't right.

I made a silly amount of mistakes, there's no way I should have passed but I did, stalled at a round about, paniked and so swung out while on the inside lane so the car next to me had to brake and swerve out of the way. I pulled over on a corner and I stopped at traffic lights a cars length in front of the line - and yet I passed first time. So it seems really harsh when you hear of people who failed over petty mistakes.

Good luck in your next test OP
    please stop driving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    OP, let us know how it goes please
    Good luck, you'll be fine!
    Check out post 9!

I failed
    But im going to try for cancellations!

And im glad you agree tinkerbelle! Looks like u were lucky with your examiner!
    Most people just assume im trying to find some excuse but gahh i know i did it wrong but it was probably one of the safest and easiest mistakes to make :/

Oh well. what will be will be.

Im off on holiday tomorrow so thanks for all your help guys! It did help as i did pretty well despite that major hah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    please stop driving.
    It was silly, you should have seen me when I first got in the car on my own. I used to dread driving home from work I was a nervous wreck, no where near ready to have passed and been driving.

You'll be pleased to know this was 2 years ago and I'm now brilliant behind the wheel

ReputationRep:
    Well everyone seems to be giving help but no one has helped with the calming bit

Relax, and listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ygq1W681A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koko91)
    Ok so i have my THIRD, yes.. you heard right, driving test. I need to pass it. I don't have the time or money to take another one and it's getting me reeeeaaally worked up!

Anyone got any tips on how to relax and chill out before the test because i KNOOWWW i can pass! I failed on stupid mistakes last time so i just think i need to relax!

Any help!?
    Because currently i'm going into the test like this :eek3:
    Flirt

Seriously just realise that no many time you fail you can go back for another go. Be prepared to fail and don't worry about... if you pass then its a bonus!

ReputationRep:
    It was silly, you should have seen me when I first got in the car on my own. I used to dread driving home from work I was a nervous wreck, no where near ready to have passed and been driving.

You'll be pleased to know this was 2 years ago and I'm now brilliant behind the wheel
    lol, I am pleased to know that.

ReputationRep:
    lol, I am pleased to know that.
    No need to thank me for the good nights sleep you'll have tonight

ReputationRep:
    No need to thank me for the good nights sleep you'll have tonight
    *so tempted to make that sexual, but I've that enough tonight*

maybe it won't be so nice, I mean, other people are like how you drove, and that's why I hate it when I cycle on the roads (and often cycle ont pavement for that reason).

ReputationRep:
    Drink
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Ok so i have my THIRD, yes.. you heard right, driving test. I need to pass it. I don't have the time or money to take another one and it's getting me reeeeaaally worked up!

Anyone got any tips on how to relax and chill out before the test because i KNOOWWW i can pass! I failed on stupid mistakes last time so i just think i need to relax!

Any help!?
    Because currently i'm going into the test like this :eek3:
    Do I know that feeling...

Call me crazy but do you wanna know what I did? I sat up in my bed... and imagined driving a car and doing all the manauvers, I found it calmed me down and reassured me that I CAN do them.

(This was my minor panic after my brother had a joint lesson with me and I drove really badly... granted i'd had like 5.5hrs sleep but my brother gloating over being the better driver did NOT help!!

You CAN do this!!!! Best of luck!

(I also find just wacking my ipod on and jacking up the volume is great

ReputationRep:
    *so tempted to make that sexual, but I've that enough tonight*

maybe it won't be so nice, I mean, other people are like how you drove, and that's why I hate it when I cycle on the roads (and often cycle ont pavement for that reason).
    Well I got a brightly coloured car, theory behind it was that people will be more aware of me :o:

Congrats on refraining from the sexual comeback, judging from your profile that must have been quite an achievment for you.

ReputationRep:
    Check out post 9!

I failed
    But im going to try for cancellations!
    Oh. I'm really sorry I'm sure you tried your best.
    If a first you don't succeed... you know the saying. But don't give up! Hang in there, take a few more lessons. You'll get there eventually

ReputationRep:
    Well I got a brightly coloured car, theory behind it was that people will be more aware of me :o:

Congrats on refraining from the sexual comeback, judging from your profile that must have been quite an achievment for you.
    I love to sexually *** on backs...

...as you can see, it really was:o:

ReputationRep:
    I love to sexually *** on backs...

...as you can see, it really was:o:
    I take back my congrats.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.