Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

Well , I am still trying to beat this uncertainty- whether to choose IB Econ or Psych. The problem I am having right now is that if I choose IB Econ then it means that in the following year, I will have to serve this strict-with-grades teacher and he is not one of my favorite ones. So I was thinking of shifting to Psych but don't really know why. So any ideas?? What would you choose? Econ or Psych and why??

ReputationRep:
    Well i only ever had Economics (my school doesn't offer Psychology..) but my advice is to choose the subject you're more interested in. Personally i've never regretted choosing Economics over History (that was the choice i had to make) because i really enjoyed economics and just found it an interesting subject. Really, try not to let the fact that the teacher is strict put you off a subject. Having said that, if my school offered Psychology i might've chosen that subject because it also interests me okay, i'm not very helpful now am i..

ReputationRep:
    My advice is never choose between teachers, you must choose between your interests to the subject and weighing along with career prospects and university choices. Lets say if you chose the teacher you like but you dislike the subject thats no good either. I'd say if you work hard the teacher has no choice but to give you credit for it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.