Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my girlfriend for 5months now. We come from different cultural backgrounds. Im chinese and she's russian.

I love her, but at times it really does get stressful. She really is different to the other girls i have been with. she's more like the type who would act totally different when her friends are around, especially when really close male friends are around. She's a pretty girl, and that just makes a lot of other dudes including her close male friends get too close, and sometimes gets carried away. :mad:

She always tells me that she doesnt know how to explain things IF things are wrong. She says she tries, and yet in the end, she says "i dont know how to put it in words". and then ends up making up lies. even though they are not serious lies ect. it still breaks down my trust in her.

I have no clue on what she wants at times, she's just confusing. She sometimes seems to be the type of girl which would seem to benefit more not in a relationship.

All my past girlfriends have never have been like my current girlfriend, well they wouldnt have really close male friends which she would act awkward around when im with her ect. :confused:

I dont even know if this relationship is worth "fighting" for at times. I've nearly broke up with her several times, but i didnt in the end. I think she does like me a lot, but it's really hard tbh. She cried a LOT when i mentioned that we should break up and be back friends, and she never seemed to be the type of girls which cries easily or at all. =/ - tears really do make me give in at times though. :eek3:

Anyway, after all that, my final question i have been wanting to ask is...
    should i really be willing to carry this relationship on? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    No-one?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Only you can decide whether you should end the relationship or not, but I don't see exactly what either of you are getting from it so it seems kind of pointless.

You don't trust her, she lies to you, you confuse eachother, you say she changes in front of her friends, you say she'd be better off out of a relationship, and you say yourself that you don't even know if it's worth fighting for. It seems from your post as though the only reason you're with her is because you think she likes you, and because she cried when you mentioned splitting up.

Nobody here can tell you what to do, but it doesn't sound as though the relationship is making either if you happy, and that it's just a struggle. If this is the case, then in your position I would definitely end it. It just sounds like a bit of a waste of both of your time. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, and good luck in whatever you decide to do!! But I think you deserve better than a relationship with a girl that you largely don't even like who is not making you happy.

ReputationRep:
    What do you actually like about her besides looks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ...CoNfUsEd...)
    I've been with my girlfriend for 5months now. We come from different cultural backgrounds. Im chinese and she's russian.

I love her, but at times it really does get stressful. She really is different to the other girls i have been with. she's more like the type who would act totally different when her friends are around, especially when really close male friends are around. She's a pretty girl, and that just makes a lot of other dudes including her close male friends get too close, and sometimes gets carried away. :mad:

She always tells me that she doesnt know how to explain things IF things are wrong. She says she tries, and yet in the end, she says "i dont know how to put it in words". and then ends up making up lies. even though they are not serious lies ect. it still breaks down my trust in her.

I have no clue on what she wants at times, she's just confusing. She sometimes seems to be the type of girl which would seem to benefit more not in a relationship.

All my past girlfriends have never have been like my current girlfriend, well they wouldnt have really close male friends which she would act awkward around when im with her ect. :confused:

I dont even know if this relationship is worth "fighting" for at times. I've nearly broke up with her several times, but i didnt in the end. I think she does like me a lot, but it's really hard tbh. She cried a LOT when i mentioned that we should break up and be back friends, and she never seemed to be the type of girls which cries easily or at all. =/ - tears really do make me give in at times though. :eek3:

Anyway, after all that, my final question i have been wanting to ask is...
    should i really be willing to carry this relationship on? :confused:
    Yeah, end it..not worth it.
    If you think its worth it..sit down and talk to her...but then, there is no trust..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coherence)
    What do you actually like about her besides looks?
    When we are together and alone it's really nice, and we enjoy the time. But we hardly get to see eachother nowadays anyway. like twice a week?
    I also like the fact that we're able to talk about anything, problems or not. But the way she acts sometimes really does take a piss. :mad:

According to others, she "loves" me..but i dont know, i really dont.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to tell her how u feel dude..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.