Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canned Door)
    Is that the Cambridge position? I mean, I think I've heard that you do get native speakers studying their languages through MML, but do admissions tutors see it as an advantage as such?
    sorry I didn't mean it was the official party line or anything, I just thought it rather obvious that a native speaker would have an advantage in studying their own language, and conversing in that language in an interview, than someone for whom that language was not their mother tongue.

howver, admissions tutors are surely aware of this advantage, and almost certainly teke it into account when it comes to interview performance, so I wouldn't worry too much; an appreciation of the literature and general understanding of lingusitics would presumably superceede fluency in the language in these cases.

ReputationRep:
    Applying is a start..

Then basically get a good personal statement and say which French books you've read and whatnot etc..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.