Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Anyones who doesn't want babies because... watch

• View Poll Results: You don't want a baby for this reason in the OP?
    Yes
    19.00%
    No
    81.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinker_bell4)

And :hand:. (Does this mean you won't be messaging me? :emo:)
    Well you did just show me the hand

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I want babies. :unsure: I'm scared they might end up like me: lazy, rebellious and someone who talks back to adults.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by girlmechanik)
    epidural...but apparently they hurt more than some contractions

big needle in your back...ouchies!
    I can tell you with absolute certainty that this is not true lol - epidural isn't pleasant when it goes in, but it's waaaaaaaay way more bearable than contractions :yep:

The worst part is having to sit perfectly still THROUGH the contractions whilst the needle is going into your back - I can't tell you how difficult that is!

ReputationRep:
    That must be one of the most selfish reasons to not have kids - because you don't like yourself. Having children isn't about YOU it's about THEM. They are not YOU, you are. You choose to bring them up a certain way - just because your upbringing was crap it doesn't mean you can't give them what you missed out on. What a cop out.

I don't want children because I am missing the 'maternal' instinct. I see a child and it's an alien. Some noisy creature that vomits, screams, cries and excretes everywhere. They then grow into vile mouthed teenagers who you invariably end up spending 200K on. No thanks. I'd rather be well off and lonely, than be poor and have children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    you invariably end up spending 200K
    Is that seriously the estimated cost of bringing up a child nowadays? Jesus.. you could buy a lot of selfish possessions with that I'll have to reconsider if I want kids :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    Well you did just show me the hand
    Aye, but I was attempting to save face; clearly not very well. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I don't want kids because:
    1. I don't know why anyone would willingly put themselves through the pain of childbirth
    2. I practically raised my siblings and although I love them, no way would I ever willingly choose to create little babies/kids who are dependent on you to do everything for them from wiping their crap/puke to paying for clothes. They're messy, loud, noisy, demanding, you have to watch them all the time when they're young and leave you feeling drained.
    3. Not gonna lie, the body changes during and after pregnancy are off-putting alone. I like fitting into my favourite pair of jeans/going out clubbing in a dress/skirt etc
    4. I don't see the point of it all- I'd be bringing giving birth to a kid for them to go through all kinds of pain (even if there are happy moments, there will inevitably be pain for them) and then just die- I don't think I could bear that. This world can be so cruel, I don't actually want to bring someone into it.
    5. I had such a ****** up childhood, and have been suffereing from severe depression, I don't know if I'd be able to raise any children I may bear right.
    6. I'd actually have to have sex

ReputationRep:
    I don't want children because I am missing the 'maternal' instinct. I see a child and it's an alien. Some noisy creature that vomits, screams, cries and excretes everywhere. They then grow into vile mouthed teenagers who you invariably end up spending 200K on. No thanks. I'd rather be well off and lonely, than be poor and have children.
    They would be your children and I'm sure you'd love them. Money is meaningless in comparison to family.

ReputationRep:
    Part of me feels i shouldn't have kids more than don't want to. As others have been more than happy to point out to me i don't work (can't) and am mentally ill. So in a weird way i feel i shouldnt have kids cos i don't want them to be like me (and i have a paranoia that if i did have kids they'd be taken away from me)

if i have a bad one, ill just drop it down a well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    Is that seriously the estimated cost of bringing up a child nowadays? Jesus.. you could buy a lot of selfish possessions with that I'll have to reconsider if I want kids :P
    Yep, that's what they said on This Morning (and in the papers that morning too). I'd rather buy a house than spend £200k on having a child!!! :yep: Not that I'll ever have 200k to spend on anything lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CWild)
    They would be your children and I'm sure you'd love them. Money is meaningless in comparison to family.
    Me and my future husband is family enough for me. And as long as we've got enough money between us to live a comfortable life together, that's all that matters to me. A life without children is an ideal life for me. I'm happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my future husband is family enough for me. And as long as we've got enough money between us to live a comfortable life together, that's all that matters to me. A life without children is an ideal life for me. I'm happy with that.
    Each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to give birth to kids cuz of the pain and also hate them instead i'll adopt

ReputationRep:
    I don't want children because I am missing the 'maternal' instinct.
    That's exactly why I don't want kids. I've never taken to kids, I don't squeal when I see a baby like all my friends do, I'm just not bothered about them at all and I doubt i'd be that interested in one if i did have one. That's not a good sign so I guess I'm just better of suited to not having them !

ReputationRep:
    No. You can't put a baby seat in a Lambo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    That's exactly why I don't want kids. I've never taken to kids, I don't squeal when I see a baby like all my friends do, I'm just not bothered about them at all and I doubt i'd be that interested in one if i did have one. That's not a good sign so I guess I'm just better of suited to not having them !
    I have this worry. I've never really had the maternal instinct, even with my nephew. I don't know what to do with him and I don't really want to be left with him... I don't coo over babies. I don't really want to play with him. I just find him boring. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love him and would give my life over his if he was in trouble... I just... I dunno.

I do want children eventually though. Would love to leave a legacy, find some meaning in life... We'll see I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I can tell you with absolute certainty that this is not true lol - epidural isn't pleasant when it goes in, but it's waaaaaaaay way more bearable than contractions :yep:

The worst part is having to sit perfectly still THROUGH the contractions whilst the needle is going into your back - I can't tell you how difficult that is!
    i absolutely hate needles so tbh...if i ever did have a baby...and thats not that much of a possibility because of the job i'm in lol.

good old gas and air...thats if im not like my mum and its puts my asthma out..my poor mum had nothing lol! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucinda_x)
    I don't want babies because they are too expensive and stretch your vagina. Plus, they are a lifelong commitment and I cba.
    Would you be pissed off if your mum said "I wish I hadn't had you, you stretched my vagina, took up too much time and cost me too much"?

ReputationRep:
    having children is going to be my form of immortality

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.