Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyones who doesn't want babies because... Watch

• View Poll Results: You don't want a baby for this reason in the OP?
    Yes
    19.00%
    No
    81.00%

So after you have had kids, will sex be rubbish?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So after you have had kids, will sex be rubbish?
    no - don't believe everything you hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucinda_x)
    I don't want babies because they are too expensive and stretch your vagina. Plus, they are a lifelong commitment and I cba.
    Yes i feel the same as this, but i bet you any money i'll change my mind by the time i'm 25

(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    no - don't believe everything you hear
    That was such a selfish question, sorry...i just wondered. You hear that women find that the "stretching" so to speak...ruins the whole experience lol!

ReputationRep:
    this thread is depressing me - i don't get why anyone wouldn't want a little baby there's probably nothing on earth i look forward to more - taking my boy (or girl) to the footie and 'Dad rocks' compilation cds with Status Quo on it - and creating a little person with someone i love - but then again i'm just really really soppy - and i also don't have to go through any pain with the whole childbirth thing (apart from the inevitable hand-crushing) - there's nothing less attractive in my eyes than a girl who doesn't wanna have children someday - that's why i always fancied Monica more than Rachel in Friends

ReputationRep:
    Bring on the epidurals :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSteed24)
    this thread is depressing me - i don't get why anyone wouldn't want a little baby there's probably nothing on earth i look forward to more - taking my boy (or girl) to the footie and 'Dad rocks' compilation cds with Status Quo on it - and creating a little person with someone i love - but then again i'm just really really soppy - and i also don't have to go through any pain with the whole childbirth thing (apart from the inevitable hand-crushing) - there's nothing less attractive in my eyes than a girl who doesn't wanna have children someday - that's why i always fancied Monica more than Rachel in Friends
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ReputationRep:
    I'd love kids but am not going to say when or where because anyone who does is talking out their arse.

I get annoyed at people who say 'aw babies are cute I want one'. When people say 'I want a baby' I say 'do you want a teenager?' do you want a 25 year old? Do you want the trouble? The dabbling in drugs in adolescence? The getting into debt when they're older? If you still want that then brilliant. But a lot of people, like with puppies, see 'awe cute little babies' and don't understand the life created. A life that will continue, not just remain cute and chubby forever (no one thinks of the ****, or the crying either).

ReputationRep:

Easy for you to say. You will never have the morning sickness, stretchmarks, child birth malarky (pain, vagina cutting), vagina bucket, pressure to breast feed because "breast is best" and the discrimination at work because you're a woman with children and a career.

Personally, I don't fancy any of that. I'm too selfish, too independent, and as much as I like caring for people, I wouldn't want the noise, arse-wiping and stuck-with-this-for-the-rest-of-your-life. I get irritated hearing crying babies whenever I'm shopping in town. I like money too much, and I want it alllll for me, not spent on the latest toy for the brat.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That was such a selfish question, sorry...i just wondered. You hear that women find that the "stretching" so to speak...ruins the whole experience lol!
    lol it was a valid question, don't worry about it.

Put it this way, I've had two babies so far, each of them was over 10lbs. I've had an episiotomy both times, and the first time I tore past the cut, and I feel just the same down there as I did before I had babies.
    (yes that was a lot of gory info, sorry lol).

I suppose some women do experience issues due to stretching, but certainly not everybody.

My belly, on the other hand, will sadly never be the same again.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say, no deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph41190)
    I'd love kids but am not going to say when or where because anyone who does is talking out their arse.

I get annoyed at people who say 'aw babies are cute I want one'. When people say 'I want a baby' I say 'do you want a teenager?' do you want a 25 year old? Do you want the trouble? The dabbling in drugs in adolescence? The getting into debt when they're older? If you still want that then brilliant. But a lot of people, like with puppies, see 'awe cute little babies' and don't understand the life created. A life that will continue, not just remain cute and chubby forever (no one thinks of the ****, or the crying either).
    i do want all of that actually - and i'd try to raise the kid as i was raised and hopefully my kids won't 'dabble in drugs' or any of that stuff coz i never have and never intend to - i know what you mean though - and i don't want one like tomorrow - in case anyone was thinkin - 'uh-oh teenage dad in the making' - i just like thinkin about that sort of stuff

ReputationRep:
    aaaahhh babies? NO THANKS! 1) my poor vagina 2) I cant deal with snot! 3) why on earth would I bring my children into this world? 4) there boring. . .unlike monkey babies that can cling onto you adn stuff! HAHA! Oh, and they are soooo loud!

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't imagine not having children tbf. Just seems like I want the whole family man thing one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlmechanik)
    and and im one of those neurotic "aunties" who when they fall im already there lol x
    lol same here

(Original post by girlmechanik)
    i dont want babies because i dont do bodily fluids...my godsons 14 months old now and i still retch if i have to change a crappy nappy... gross out!
    Are you serious? I wholly admit it can be real gross
    I used change my newborn half brother's diaper at 10
    & change my newborn half sister's nappy at 13
    and so the tradition carried on
    **** after ****, taking the piss really

well it wasn't really a tradition but felt like :rant: one
    I am not going to lie I was darn good at it but...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    i would love to be a mum one day...not for quite a while but definately in the future.
    I dont want a baby just because they are cute,yeah i do think babies are really sweet but obviously they grow up and while being a parent isnt easy im sure its so rewarding,helping shape your kids futures.

im not sure what traits they would pick up from me, i would do my best to be a good mum,my mum did a good job of raising me and my two brothers so hopefully i will take after my mum when i have my own kids to raise =]

ReputationRep:
    I don't want children because I don't want to be responsible for another person's life.

ReputationRep:
    I want kids, but until they find a new painfree, less disgusting way of getting them out I'll hold them off. I'm sure there was a mistake in the drafting process of women, that is definately not meant to come out of there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CWild)
    They would be your children and I'm sure you'd love them. Money is meaningless in comparison to family.
    Well said, couldn't agree more.

I'm sure when these people are in their 90s and have no children to take care of them they can seek comfort in the fact that they never got stretchmarks, saggy boobs or a baggy fanny lol

ReputationRep:
    Awww bless lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.