Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyones who doesn't want babies because... watch

• View Poll Results: You don't want a baby for this reason in the OP?
    Yes
    19.00%
    No
    81.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    Lovely. A thread full of neurotic girls worrying about their precious body shapes.

God help us all.
    whats your point?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want babies because:

a) I don't want to pass on my freakishness, thankyou very much. (I guess that would be pretty much the same as the reason in the OP?)
    b) I can barely look after myself let alone another human being.
    c) 20+ years of having to endure piss, ****, bawwing, and the ungrateful brat inevitably growing to hate you despite all the time, effort and money spent on them? No thanks. Heck, I'd probably get so angry with the stupid thing within just the first few weeks that I'd want to/attempt to kill it, and well, that wouldn't benefit either of us in the long run.
    d) Would bringing a child into a world like this really be a good thing?
    e) As much as I dislike my genitals, the idea of having them destroyed by having to squeeze out a squealy little parasite is less than appealing.

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer to adopt. Less painful.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like have kids, I reckon it'd be great. I mean, not for long time...
    But right now I'd be too tempting to poke the soft spot on the baby's head.. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewindupbird)
    I can take pain it's just the other things that happen to your body that put me off. Like crapping yourself during the birth, loss of bladder control, possibly having your vagina cut open. Some women end up with one giant hole! Thats includes your *******!

Then there's all the poo and sick from the babies, the weight gain, stretch marks, possible post partum, crying from babies.

I don't like children or babies. They're ugly and annoying and loud and moany. AND they're really expensive. I'm obviously too selfish to be a mother so I'd make a bad one if I became one. Probably best I become a crazy cat lady
    Like Susan Boyle?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    whats your point?
    Women's bodies are built to have children and really complaining about any change in body shape is just a little pointless.

They cry and stuff. And poop and pee. Nothx

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know if I'll have kids. Haven't decided yet.
    If I decide not to though, I don't think it'll be down to my many flaws.
    That's one thing I think would be good about kids: being able to mess them up in my own special way.

ReputationRep:
    I want babies!

Twins run in my family... little blonde haired blue eyed things... like me as a little'un

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    Women's bodies are built to have children and really complaining about any change in body shape is just a little pointless.
    if they dont want to have children though (for whatever reason) then they shouldnt have to have them.

Our bodies are built for walking but we still invented the car

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden-flower)
    Whoever you may have children with in the future will probably be the luckiest woman alive.

Then again, you're a libra :awesome:
    thank u - that's so sweet

and yes - libras are awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sour_Cherry)
    I'd prefer to adopt. Less painful.
    Surrogacy is the way forward.

They'll still be your kids, except some other sucker will bare the brunt of having saggy tits, stretch marks and stretched vag. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinker_bell4)
    Surrogacy is the way forward.

They'll still be your kids, except some other sucker will bare the brunt of having saggy tits, stretch marks and stretched vag. :top:
    Yes but think about all those children that have no home or parents, i'd prefer to help a child out like that then create another one. Being in care is no life to have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    i dislike children. for this reason, i don't ever want children.
    So what's the trait you dislike?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotsofsnails)
    I don't want them for a lot of reasons, i guess including the one in the OP. i don't like the 'trait' of asperger syndrome, it would be so cruel to pass that down, it's caused me so much suffering.
    What suffering has it done to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgt)
    What suffering has it done to you?
    sorry i only just noticed this

When you have aspergers, you don't have the social skills that other people naturally have. you'll make so many mistakes in interacting with people growing up - you'll probably be percieved as wierd, you'll be more likely to get bullied, find it difficult making friends. you feel like an alien, like you're fundamentally different to everyone without it. it's a horrible feeling being different, lonely, like you can never truly connect with people. maybe i'm particularly pessimistic, and it does get better into adulthood, but still, i wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.