ReputationRep:
    Jennifer Aniston? No thanks

Looks horrendous

I doubt its much more than a soppy cliche

Its about meaning what you say, without saying what you mean

:puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    "You look like I would want you?" :rofl2: Who says that?

I am not doing the thing with my hand all those people are doing.
    And I don't love 4chan.
    :hmmm:
    I know right..not many guys! Thanks. :proud:

If you say so. And if I'm being really picky I dont like the name Charlotte. But only because it reminds me of someone substantially less pretty than you who was (is?) a trainwreck of a person. Not cool. anyway there must be other names I could call you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I doubt its much more than a soppy cliche

Its about meaning what you say, without saying what you mean

:puke:
    If Jennifer Aniston came running at you vagina gaping would you still slay her if she kept chanting that pile of sodden crap the whole time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    If Jennifer Aniston came running at you vagina gaping would you still slay her if she kept chanting that pile of sodden crap the whole time?
    Don't get me wrong, if the opportunity arose, I'd probably **** her, but I refuse to watch any films shes in because she is a horrendous actress

The trailer though may hold some truth, if a guy acts like hes above you and better than you that can increase attraction, wanting what you cannot have I guess, because the guy seems like he clearly doesn't need you and has more value?

ReputationRep:

If you say so. And if I'm being really picky I dont like the name Charlotte. But only because it reminds me of someone substantially less pretty than you who was (is?) a trainwreck of a person. Not cool. anyway there must be other names I could call you.
    No.
    My name is Charlotte.
    And that is what I like to be called.

ReputationRep:

Seriously guys. Take the fllirting to PM... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think British girls are like the people in this film.

Only person I know who was ever like that was American. She was my best friends flatmate and whenever I saw her she was obsessing about guys who didn't like her.
    "OMG it's because I'm fattttttt (*vomits*). He doesn't like meeeeee. I called him he didn't reply (after she threw up in his room after a one night stand), he's so not into me... I miss him blah blah blah blah", and then she would get over him, and do it with this other guy, and so on. God she was so annoying.

And American. I don't think British girls are that stupid.

Edit: Having said that, I've done enough moping around in the past. At least I'm not as neurotic as these people. :\

ReputationRep:
    The general principle is right. If he likes you he'll ask you out, if not then he's probably not worth your time unless you want a fling/be used.

But yes, the movie makes each sex see the other as fitting a certain sterotype and that pisses me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Don't get me wrong, if the opportunity arose, I'd probably **** her, but I refuse to watch any films shes in because she is a horrendous actress

The trailer though may hold some truth, if a guy acts like hes above you and better than you that can increase attraction, wanting what you cannot have I guess, because the guy seems like he clearly doesn't need you and has more value?
    Yeh that all makes sense. Total pitful to try to be all high value and aloof though cos usually you end up being silent or feel like a ****. Better to just be high value and have fun. That's some seriously metaphysical advice for my ****.

I saw Marley and Me recently and I think I was more attracted to the dog by the end. She is a bad, bad actress. I was also super confused cos I thought Owen Wilson had commited suicide and yet here he was in this film. That was cool. He's like a 21st Century Jesus. Then I realised it was attempted suicide and that's when reality hit home... how do you fail to commit suicide? tut.

Anyway. He's a cool guy and makes me want to live in the 60s for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    My name is Charlotte.
    And that is what I like to be called.
    OK Carly. xx

The first syllable of your TSR name is unfortunate. The last two are quite fun though :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    OK Carly. xx

The first syllable of your TSR name is unfortunate. The last two are quite fun though :awesome:
    Carly?
    Please refrain from calling me that.

I like my name.

ReputationRep:
    Carly?
    Please refrain from calling me that.

I like my name.
    Is there an Irish version of Carly? Or Charlotte?

The French versions are exactly the same. And, this might come as a shock to you, but Arabic doesnt either. And I really wanna keep talking to you.

ReputationRep:
    And I really wanna keep talking to you.
    :eek3: PM PM PM! For all our sakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    :eek3: PM PM PM! For all our sakes.
    Hi honey. Stop checking in. Im sure you can live without finding out about what people think of this film. Alternatively PM me. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have the book at home (it was free in this month's Glamour) and I've seen the film.

I thought the film was pretty rubbish - there was too much going on at once for me.

ReputationRep:
    I watched it. I think it's quite accurate at times, but it's obviously not always the case. To be honest I think if you digest too much of that film then it'll make you overthink even more, because then you'll question if he likes you or not for a long time.

It hits on a great point though, women are always telling eachother that he probably likes you and everything to make eachother feel better. When sometimes a simple, 'yeah he doesn't like you' is better.

It's a good watch, but don't expect to come away with valuable knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    Is there an Irish version of Carly? Or Charlotte?

The French versions are exactly the same. And, this might come as a shock to you, but Arabic doesnt either. And I really wanna keep talking to you.
    No idea.
    It doesn't what either?
    Okay...

ReputationRep:
    Hi honey. Stop checking in. Im sure you can live without finding out about what people think of this film. Alternatively PM me. :cool:
    No idea.
    It doesn't what either?
    Okay...
    She's just not that into you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    She's just not that into you.
    :rofl2:
    Rep for you.

ReputationRep:
    No idea.
    It doesn't what either?
    Okay...
    That is a completely unsatisfactory response. C.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.