Turn on thread page Beta

He's just not that into you... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    She's just not that into you.
    haha that is a fantastic response!

Now I dont know who's supposed to be flirting with who. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I saw the film, and I don't think it was that good. They had all these well known people like Jennifer Aniston, when they could have used anybody for the parts really. I don't really get what the film was suppose to say.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't read the book but watched the movie. I don't think it reflects the true. All girls are not crying if a guy doesn't call them back. Girls are not that desperate, I hope =)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah take it this is sparked by the book being free in Glamour just now?

I'm a girl and I think most of it's true. Showed it to a couple of guy friends and they agreed.

ReputationRep:
    If a guy likes you then he will want to be with you or around you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    Pixie features? :eyeball:
    It is not a myspace pose. :hmmm:
    You two should get a room. :p: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    You two should get a room. :p: :yep:
    I don't waaant a room. :plz2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    That is a completely unsatisfactory response. C.
    Ruthless! The flirting in this thread is like Neil Strauss, 'The Game' but the FAIL version.

I got the book free with Glamour magazine, flicked through it for a bit. Some funny parts, but mostly the message is obvious, if he doesn't call/doesn't want to get serious/acts a bit funny he's just not that into you. I recommend it for girls who are always making excuses for men with despicable behaviour.

Not seen the movie because Jennifer Aniston makes me want to stick blunt cocktail sticks into my eyes. Plus it looks cheesy. 'Love Actually' was horrific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    I don't waaant a room. :plz2:
    haha. I have no idea how we're meant to be flirting now. I pay you a sincere strings-free compliment and all of a sudden hell breaks loose... I just cant cope

But seriously, you're pretty but that's it. If I didnt have swine flu I could walk outside and find a lot of pretty girls. And that's saying something cos now Im in Swansea. :s

(Original post by She_said)
    Ruthless! The flirting in this thread is like Neil Strauss, 'The Game' but the FAIL version.
    You signed up just to tell me that? really, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxie4ever57)
    I didn't read the book but watched the movie. I don't think it reflects the true. All girls are not crying if a guy doesn't call them back. Girls are not that desperate, I hope =)
    Some are. When you really like a guy you make so many excuses for them and the book is a good wake up call.

I don't CRY if a guy I really like doesn't call me but I do get stressy and start to wonder why and I highly doubt I'm the only one.

ReputationRep:
    You signed up just to tell me that? really, thanks
    Ha, no. I've posted a couple other posts but don't think they 'exist' as such because my account wasn't validated. Probably.

However, I felt compelled to tell you that you FAIL. Neil Strauss would be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    i love this film

ReputationRep:
    Ha, no. I've posted a couple other posts but don't think they 'exist' as such because my account wasn't validated. Probably.

However, I felt compelled to tell you that you FAIL. Neil Strauss would be disappointed.
    Thanks Sweetie. Anyway you're gonna get a lot of "That's what she said.." jokes from 17 year olds so enjoy your stay!

Do you know much about Neil Strauss? He's actually a really nice guy (so Im told) but in The Game he is horrifically mechanical and creepy. The idea of making a girl sleep with you and learning stuff, particularly for a guy as stupid and lazy as myself is obscene. I'd much rather tickle you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Sweetie. Anyway you're gonna get a lot of "That's what she said.." jokes from 17 year olds so enjoy your stay!

Do you know much about Neil Strauss? He's actually a really nice guy (so Im told) but in The Game he is horrifically mechanical and creepy. The idea of making a girl sleep with you and learning stuff, particularly for a guy as stupid and lazy as myself is obscene. I'd much rather tickle you.
    I do know a little bit about Neil Strauss himself and I've read the book. (Should point out that girls need to stop reading 'He's Just Not That Into You' and start reading 'The Game.' You'll learn A LOT more. It's more grown up.)

I know about negs, PUAs AFCs. All the 'Pick Up Artist' lexicon. Yeah Strauss is probably a nice guy in real life, but his book in often misinterpreted and men use the pick-up techniques to use women for sexual gain. Also women are stupid so they fall for the bait. i.e. 'negs' (guys poking fun at women to get their attention.) Anyway off topic now!

Wow this swine flu is making you relentless, kiddo. But I suppose TSR is the only place you might be able to actively flirt with girls without infecting them. 'By the way, I have swine flu' is probably a bit og a moment killer. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    i've seen it.

and yeah, if a bloke likes you, he'll make something happen, he won't ignore/not call.

ReputationRep:
    Troo dat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pillow)
    i love this film
    lol you would! since you have a crush on Justin Long!

ReputationRep:
    Not seen it, but I can imagine from the other posts it is about girls chasing guys?

Nope I don't chase thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    I do know a little bit about Neil Strauss himself and I've read the book. (Should point out that girls need to stop reading 'He's Just Not That Into You' and start reading 'The Game.' You'll learn A LOT more. It's more grown up.)

I know about negs, PUAs AFCs. All the 'Pick Up Artist' lexicon. Yeah Strauss is probably a nice guy in real life, but his book in often misinterpreted and men use the pick-up techniques to use women for sexual gain. Also women are stupid so they fall for the bait. i.e. 'negs' (guys poking fun at women to get their attention.) Anyway off topic now!

Wow this swine flu is making you relentless, kiddo. But I suppose TSR is the only place you might be able to actively flirt with girls without infecting them. 'By the way, I have swine flu' is probably a bit og a moment killer. :ahee:
    Really? When I was 18 I bought a "Rodeo Sex" tshirt. It had 3 boxes. The first box said "Mount girlfriend from behind". The second box said "Tell her you think her best friend's hot". The final box said, "Hold on tight!". Probably similar. If I can possibly make myself any hotter to you, my house is being blitzed cos the cat brought in fleas. She's also now in quarantine. We're like kindred spirits (I hate the cat).

To be fair to PUAs, poking fun of women is something 6 year olds do. It's natural. It's not exactly some kind of super trick. In principle Im for pickup (or whatever you want to call it) as long as it creates cooler guys and not nerdy guys using dodgy tricks. Ultimately, which woman is going to complain if there are more cool guys out there?
    Im massively into self-development. Im extremely driven. As long as I actually become better then there's no problem right? One of the easiest things to do is to understand what it takes to be a better person and never actually get there.
    When it comes to girls I cant be bothered to think. It's just sex, right? It will come and you're just people, with the same bunch of insecurities and challenges as everyone else.

Anyway, you're an intelligent, outgoing girl so it's been cool talking to you. If only I had the right neg to make you mine... hmm.. ummmmm.. got it!

Nice Shoes!

...Where dyou get them from? OXFAM!! LOLLLLLL

ReputationRep:
    Really? When I was 18 I bought a "Rodeo Sex" tshirt. It had 3 boxes. The first box said "Mount girlfriend from behind". The second box said "Tell her you think her best friend's hot". The final box said, "Hold on tight!". Probably similar. If I can possibly make myself any hotter to you, my house is being blitzed cos the cat brought in fleas. She's also now in quarantine. We're like kindred spirits (I hate the cat).

To be fair to PUAs, poking fun of women is something 6 year olds do. It's natural. It's not exactly some kind of super trick. In principle Im for pickup (or whatever you want to call it) as long as it creates cooler guys and not nerdy guys using dodgy tricks. Ultimately, which woman is going to complain if there are more cool guys out there?
    Im massively into self-development. Im extremely driven. As long as I actually become better then there's no problem right? One of the easiest things to do is to understand what it takes to be a better person and never actually get there.
    When it comes to girls I cant be bothered to think. It's just sex, right? It will come and you're just people, with the same bunch of insecurities and challenges as everyone else.

Anyway, you're an intelligent, outgoing girl so it's been cool talking to you. If only I had the right neg to make you mine... hmm.. ummmmm.. got it!

Nice Shoes!

...Where dyou get them from? OXFAM!! LOLLLLLL
    My my my, you've deduced quite a lot about me (and the two girls previously) from a couple of posts. I think you need to get castrated :ahee:

I agree with all your points though. 'The Game' (or any methods devised by similar authors...Tucker Max?) can be used for good or for evil. I have a couple of dorky guy mates and when I hear about their misadventures involving their women and their abysmal luck when trying to talk to a girl they like, I say to them, "you should read that book, you have no game....but then I'm worried it'll corrupt you."

I personally don't wanna be held responsible if my kind, considerate, dorky completely-useless-with-women male friends turn into sexual predators. However if it helps their confidence then I'm all for it.

I myself LOVE banter (negs, whatever you wanna call it. Love sarcastic, dry humour) however I'm awfully wary of guys who shoot the negs straight away. It's all too.....scripted and the outcome is blatant. "Excuse me madam, might I say, what a lovely hairdo. Where did you get your extensions from, because it looks fake. Hardy har har, now that I've charmed you with my witty ripostes, let's copulate."

Yawwwwwn. There's more to life and as you can tell I am seriously cynical. But I'd rather be cynical than stupid.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.