Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peninsula64)
    lol you would! since you have a crush on Justin Long!
    haha this made me laugh but no i do not have a crush on justin long lol its just a good film anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She_said)
    My my my, you've deduced quite a lot about me (and the two girls previously) from a couple of posts. I think you need to get castrated :ahee:

I agree with all your points though. 'The Game' (or any methods devised by similar authors...Tucker Max?) can be used for good or for evil. I have a couple of dorky guy mates and when I hear about their misadventures involving their women and their abysmal luck when trying to talk to a girl they like, I say to them, "you should read that book, you have no game....but then I'm worried it'll corrupt you."

I personally don't wanna be held responsible if my kind, considerate, dorky completely-useless-with-women male friends turn into sexual predators. However if it helps their confidence then I'm all for it.

I myself LOVE banter (negs, whatever you wanna call it. Love sarcastic, dry humour) however I'm awfully wary of guys who shoot the negs straight away. It's all too.....scripted and the outcome is blatant. "Excuse me madam, might I say, what a lovely hairdo. Where did you get your extensions from, because it looks fake. Hardy har har, now that I've charmed you with my witty ripostes, let's copulate."

Yawwwwwn. There's more to life and as you can tell I am seriously cynical. But I'd rather be cynical than stupid.
    Yeh you are quite cynical. It's almost enough to beat me down! Just looking at your response, for a second I was like "OMG.... Im... COLD reading..." but that didnt even cross my mind. It actually comes from a worse place. As a teenager my mum thought I had Aspergers for a bit (panicked response cos I made a prank phone call that got me in a lot of trouble from a school phone). She was wrong but I did lack empathy. I was very single-minded in persuit of my own fun at the expense of whoever. Then I did a lot of NLP coaching and my weak point was always understanding where other people are coming from and how they are feeling. So I guess Ive just overused that muscle and become very good at sussing people out. I can tell you're intelligent because of your sentence constructions and your're outgoing, at least on here, cos you've dared to challenge me and...well tbh Im pretty fcking great.

Incidentally I think the way to make sex no longer an issue is to a) learn how to have fun cos having fun is attractive b) know what you want in a woman and screen out everything that doesnt hit that..too many guys put up with **** from women that arent even all that...and even more guys judge a woman only by her looks...women have far more thats important...beauty is pretty common. c) realise sex isn't a big deal and some women will like you and some won't.
    I guess other things are important too... for me I couldnt live without my values and theyre more important than anyone else...even my family... but then Id just be indulging myself.

So what are you doing with yourself when youre not talking to sexual predators online?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with all your points though. 'The Game' (or any methods devised by similar authors...Tucker Max?) can be used for good or for evil. I have a couple of dorky guy mates and when I hear about their misadventures involving their women and their abysmal luck when trying to talk to a girl they like, I say to them, "you should read that book, you have no game....but then I'm worried it'll corrupt you."

I personally don't wanna be held responsible if my kind, considerate, dorky completely-useless-with-women male friends turn into sexual predators. However if it helps their confidence then I'm all for it.
    You ever considered teaching your "dorky guy mates" yourself? Subtly, of course... just drop hints and advice. Present the PU techniques as "tools for expressing themselves well," or something like that. Then they don't get left with the predatory and really somewhat impersonal worldview found in PU books, and you don't have to live a life of exasperation whenever you hear about their misadventures.

That, and because it's subtle, you can't be held responsible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    So what are you doing with yourself when youre not talking to sexual predators online?
    When I'm not destroying/challenging sexual predators (with suspected Aspergers, a bout of swine flu and possibly fleas also) for the protection of womankind everywhere; I'm fighting crime, going on a trip to Tesco right now to get a bar of Galaxy (with cookie pieces) so that I can watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I also like making sure I don't go off topic on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darije)
    You ever considered teaching your "dorky guy mates" yourself? Subtly, of course... just drop hints and advice. Present the PU techniques as "tools for expressing themselves well," or something like that. Then they don't get left with the predatory and really somewhat impersonal worldview found in PU books, and you don't have to live a life of exasperation whenever you hear about their misadventures.

That, and because it's subtle, you can't be held responsible.
    Oh dear, what with fighting sexual predators AND coaching my dorky guy mates, my work is never done....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueRoses)
    Yeah take it this is sparked by the book being free in Glamour just now?

I'm a girl and I think most of it's true. Showed it to a couple of guy friends and they agreed.

haha yep it's all because of glamour! i swear it's turning me more and more against men the more i read...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pillow)
    haha this made me laugh but no i do not have a crush on justin long lol its just a good film anyway!
    i agree its a good movie but you still have a crush on him!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, what with fighting sexual predators AND coaching my dorky guy mates, my work is never done....
    Yes, you're really going through the Seven Labours of Hercules, aren't you? If you don't like my idea, just say so :p: . Not that I'd expect you to, what with it not actually benefiting you at all.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm not destroying/challenging sexual predators (with suspected Aspergers, a bout of swine flu and possibly fleas also) for the protection of womankind everywhere; I'm fighting crime, going on a trip to Tesco right now to get a bar of Galaxy (with cookie pieces) so that I can watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I also like making sure I don't go off topic on TSR.
    haha good luck. You are a true 21st heroine! I just know FSM can be yours...all yours! Dont fall too helplessly for RB

Take care!

ps/ someday you'll beat me :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darije)
    Yes, you're really going through the Seven Labours of Hercules, aren't you? If you don't like my idea, just say so :p: . Not that I'd expect you to, what with it not actually benefiting you at all.
    No no it's a good idea, I was just kidding!

ReputationRep:
    haha good luck. You are a true 21st heroine! I just know FSM can be yours...all yours! Dont fall too helplessly for RB

Take care!

ps/ someday you'll beat me :proud:

Strange use of acronyms and not quite sure what you're talking about but okay.... :tea:

ReputationRep:
    Strange use of acronyms and not quite sure what you're talking about but okay.... :tea:
    ps = post script.

What else do you need help with?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No no it's a good idea, I was just kidding!
    In that case, thank you, and apologies for misreading you. I know from experience that dry sarcasm can be hard to get across on internet forums.

ReputationRep:
    ps = post script.

What else do you need help with?:rolleyes:
    Ohh :congrats: That's hilarious, really, you're too much. I should write that down in case I ever have to enter a competition in which I have to come up with the most witless remark in the Engish language.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Ohh :congrats: That's hilarious, really, you're too much. I should write that down in case I ever have to enter a competition in which I have to come up with the most witless remark in the Engish language.

:p:
    She's been here two seconds and already she's blowing stuff up. Sarcasm... it's too hot in a young lady. WOO WOO! Pass me some of your ice cream... :fan:

ReputationRep:
    She's been here two seconds and already she's blowing stuff up. Sarcasm... it's too hot in a young lady. WOO WOO! Pass me some of your ice cream... :fan:
    You're getting positive rep for being my new role-model.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueRoses)
    Some are. When you really like a guy you make so many excuses for them and the book is a good wake up call.

I don't CRY if a guy I really like doesn't call me but I do get stressy and start to wonder why and I highly doubt I'm the only one.
    Yeah you're right. If you're really into a guy, you might. But as I recall from the movie, she had just met the guy like 5 minutes before. So most of the situations are true but with some exaggeration. But that's quite normal, a movie is due to make profit.

ReputationRep:
    For a film with quite a lot of top-notch actors/actresses in it, you'd think it would be good. The acting wasn't the problem, but everything else was. The script was boring, and as someone said before, totally clichéd. And no, I don't think it is a representative of how men behave and think, if someone doesn't call you, it's quite obvious they're not interested in you or whatever other things happened in that dreadful film.

ReputationRep:
    This movie was so ****, and there was me expecting it to be great.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.