Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which would you find most attractive, a male lawyer or a radiographer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Shallow question I know, but I can't help thinking my future career choice will affect a few marginal opinions of me (especially from prospective partners)

Anyone have a preference?

ReputationRep:
    you being serious?! I choose the one less likely to mutate.

ReputationRep:
    lawyer

ReputationRep:
    You would base your career on what girls find most attractive?

Fail.

ReputationRep:
    why would it make any difference? :creep:

ReputationRep:
    depends on what they were like as people! However I have to say if it were based totally on career (in a very odd world indeed).....Veterinary surgeons all the way

ReputationRep:
    You would base your career on what girls find most attractive?

Fail.
    Why? I thought the reason for existence is to procreate? Thus, OP is just following the rule of life.

Anyway, the answer to your question is LAWYER; most people say they hate lawyers, but most female would love them for partners... Sigh, life is so subjective, huh?

What kind of question is that?

ReputationRep:
    http://images.icanhascheezburger.com...4485080355.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I seriously doubt that anyone would like you more/less based on your job

ReputationRep:
    If I were a woman, I would find more attractive the one of them who is more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    You could a be legend for Radioographers if you were good and you could promote that job.

ReputationRep:
    a person's career only says the smallest things about who they are inside. and a person who shapes his life around a career with the largest chance to please women is just plain sad.

A male lawyer :coma:

but seriously I think most people are attracted to guys who can make decisions about their future careers themselves without having to resort to the internet or guys who aren't this shallow.

A person's career has little impact on their level of attractiveness however a person's maturity levels says a lot about them.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it all depends on whether you are attracted to the sort of girls who like lawyers or the sort who like radiographers.

Your choice of career also depends on whether you have the requisite aptitude, self-belief and intellect.

All things being equal though, if I were you, I'd become a lawyer.

(1) I'm a barrister, and I'm having to beat the women off with my wig (just kidding about that last bit BTW, and especially if my wife reads this)

(2) Female lawyers are, on the whole, IME, a lot more attractive than female radiographers. Perhaps it just comes down to "tight pencil skirt and heels" v. "baggy blue pyjamas", but there you go.

(3) If you become a lawyer but your target partners still don't find you attractive, then at least you'll have enough money to help take the sting out of your celibacy.

More seriously though; choose a career for better reasons than reasons than attracting women. I don't know much about the process of qualifying as a radiographer, but I can say that you won't last 5 minutes on a law degree and/or vocational course if your heart isn't truly in it, and even supposing you do manage to slog your way through all the exams, you won't get a training contract (solicitor) or a pupillage (barrister) unless have an all-consuming passion to practice law.

(Original post by WonkyDonkey)
    Why? I thought the reason for existence is to procreate? Thus, OP is just following the rule of life.

Anyway, the answer to your question is LAWYER; most people say they hate lawyers, but most female would love them for partners... Sigh, life is so subjective, huh?
    Do you speak for most women?

The reason for existence is not to procreate alone because what happens to those who can't for one reason or the other procreate?

Besides even if that was the truth, depending on what kind of lawyer you are, chances are you would be very busy which would then decrease your chances of suitability as a partner.

You've also already said that life is subjective meaning that everyone's different so there's no point making a thread as others may think differently.

There's also the fact that even if the reason for existence is to procreate, you are marrying/procreating with a person and not a career so a person's career does not and will not increase their fertility.

ReputationRep:
    Look me up in three years, ladies

A teacher or a lecturer?
    A shoemaker or a cleaner?
    A fascist dictator or the King of Spain?
    Hitler or John Cleese?
    A pure mathematician or an applied mathematician?
    A civil engineer or a mechanical engineer?
    A moderator of H&R or a moderator of General Discussion?
    An unemployed 18-year-old with only a police warning or a 45-year-old alcoholic who's served a sentence for illegal burglary?
    An attractive person or an unattractive person?
    Heads or tails?

ReputationRep:
    correct answer -whoever makes the most $$$

ReputationRep:
    Someone's job doesn't come into it unless its something really immoral like screwing over third world children or something.... or something really cool like a vampire hunter

(Original post by sleekchic)
    A male lawyer :coma:
    :hubba:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.