Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which would you find most attractive, a male lawyer or a radiographer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Whats a radiographer?

ReputationRep:
    If i had to choose then lawyer.
    But I would like to be a lawyer so when I end up getting married (one day) I'd rather marry someone with a different career to myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_makeawish)
    Lawyer. Everytime.

And to all the girls that say a guy's career doesnt matter - would you really want to date a bin man?
    They prefer to be called waste disposal technicians

I'm a student radiographer and I'm not getting all the women, so...

ReputationRep:
    I made a thread a while back, asking what which career would you find most attractive in the opposite sex (and those voting couldn't vote for the career that they wanted to go into)

Doctors won by a huge margin.
    I didn't include radiographers, but lawyers did averagely well.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, don't lawyers have really bad working hours?

ReputationRep:
    Got to go with the Radiographer on this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydiee)
    If i had to choose then lawyer.
    But I would like to be a lawyer so when I end up getting married (one day) I'd rather marry someone with a different career to myself.
    Not sure about that TBH.

Quite a number of people I know, or know of, at the Bar have ended up leaving their non-lawyer partner for a fellow barrister and there does seem to be a general propensity for barristers to be married to/involved with one another. I'm not sure whether this phenomenon actually exists, or whether it's just my perception, and if it does in fact exist, why it happens (although I can make an educated guess).

I don't whether the same thing holds true for solicitors.

(Original post by *Sparkle*)
    I don't know, don't lawyers have really bad working hours?
    It really does depend on the area of law and the type of firm but a lot of people outside of law have bad working lawyers anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blogtrotter44)
    Not sure about that TBH.

Quite a number of people I know, or know of, at the Bar have ended up leaving their non-lawyer partner for a fellow barrister and there does seem to be a general propensity for barristers to be married to one another. I'm not sure whether this phenomenon actually exists, or whether it's just my perception, and if it does in fact exist, why it happens (although I can make an educated guess).

I don't whether the same thing holds true for solicitors.
    Really?
    I'd rather be a solicitor than a barrister anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I could be attracted to a female lawyer, it would remind me too much of my bitter, soulless aunt who happens to be a lawyer. I'll go with radiographer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydiee)
    Really?
    I'd rather be a solicitor than a barrister anyway :p:
    Do you know whether the same thing happens with solicitors?

OP - sorry for the slight thread hijack, BTW.

ReputationRep:
    Lawyer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blogtrotter44)
    Do you know whether the same thing happens with solicitors?

OP - sorry for the slight thread hijack, BTW.
    I dont know.
    How about I tell you in 15 years?

ReputationRep:
    how pathetic does TSR get sometimes sheesh, **** other people, what do you want (except their retarded opinions of you)

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me sound like a complete 'tard

i do think law is the most attractive option at this stage... I think I just judge the field as genuinely soulless and shallow, when really you are what you make of yourself!

(Original post by bionic07)
    This thread makes me sound like a complete 'tard

i do think law is the most attractive option at this stage... I think I just judge the field as genuinely soulless and shallow, when really you are what you make of yourself!
    If you knew all of this before why did you bother making the thread?

Do what you enjoy not what you think makes you attractive?

ReputationRep:
    For this, I would definately choose a Radiographer. No, it's not because I went to a Radiography department for work experience and all the male radiographers where hot (the doctors were hotter XD)....

It's just that law doesn't seem very attractive to me.

Radiographers are so lovely and sweet! Plus, they have indignity for the job that they do. "Nothing will shock you ever again when you become a Radiographer" lol XD

ReputationRep:
    Lawyers.
    But, if it came to choosing between a guy who's a lawyer and another who's a radiographer... Trust me, their career wouldn't play any part in my choice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.