Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all..... I'm a bit of an introvert (because of my height 161cm) but I wish to make a lot more friends here in Keele University. I hope that I can make that change!!!

Though you may think being short is not a valid excuse for being an introvert it is for me... bit of like a psychosocial thing if you get what I mean

So... Are the people from Keele nice...? I am willing to open up myself more

Also, what societies / what can I do to meet more friendly people at Keele? I know that only 10 int'l students will be admitted to Keele Uni actually.....

ReputationRep:
    hi, nice to meet you, I have some short guys here and I don't think height prevents them from being my best friend. Hope you will make many friends [as I wish to become one :P]
    10 International student? I know at least 2 from Vietnam and 1 from Malaysia and some guys from India, Pakistan and Philippines --> must be more

ReputationRep:
    there are loads of international students!!
    definitely more than 10!!
    Don't worry about your height!
    Just be yourself. Most people don't know anyone else when they start uni so everybody wants to make some friends. After a few months you friendship groups will settle down.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an introvert too. My only advice is to make an extra effort to join social and sports clubs (and keep going to them). You'll make friends that way

ReputationRep:
    Sorry maybe I didn't express very clearly - 10 international students for medicine lol.. yea that'd be crazy to only have 10 int'l students in the entire Keele university alumni!!!

Thanks for the encouragement I will try my best to do myself and begin to make friends! Only as I was born from a traditional family beer isn't really my thing - does that mean I won't be able to socialize to the extent that many others would normally be able to do? I might give it a try though lol!

And yea I will make the effort to join societies especially basketball and badminton! Not to forget... the int'l society and the chinese one (if there is any)!

ReputationRep:
    if you have a game of basketball, give me a call. Ok? Love to
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Catchetat)
    Sorry maybe I didn't express very clearly - 10 international students for medicine lol.. yea that'd be crazy to only have 10 int'l students in the entire Keele university alumni!!!

Thanks for the encouragement I will try my best to do myself and begin to make friends! Only as I was born from a traditional family beer isn't really my thing - does that mean I won't be able to socialize to the extent that many others would normally be able to do? I might give it a try though lol!

And yea I will make the effort to join societies especially basketball and badminton! Not to forget... the int'l society and the chinese one (if there is any)!
    Not drinking won't put you at any major disadvantage unless you let it be a disadvantage! Going out to the union and other things are just as fun without drinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    Not drinking won't put you at any major disadvantage unless you let it be a disadvantage! Going out to the union and other things are just as fun without drinking
    Yeah, I got what you mean, I hope my stomach will be fully heal next September so I won't miss all the fun:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just done my first year at keele....LOVED it! Everyone is very very nice and the whole place has a community atmosphere.

But i didn't meet any men that were keepers......But then again, there are only 3 males on my course, and two of those are aged 45 and 33!

So BAIL! I didn't join any societies either, missed the freshers fair because of lectures and was always so busy with my course that I didnt get a chance to look into them!

Any eligible keele bachelors here?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola.123)
    Any eligible keele bachelors here?!
    Oi! Don't steal them all before I get there!! :p: I've given up on the men of my fair town.

ReputationRep:
    Most people i've come across at keele are in relationships either with someone else at keele or LDR. :teeth: myself and all my friends included.
    But that's just from people I know.:p: who knows what this september will bring.:p:

ReputationRep:
    What's LDR? haha I'm not looking to begin any relationship yet... we'll see how everything goes!

What societies did you guys join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catchetat)
    What's LDR? haha I'm not looking to begin any relationship yet... we'll see how everything goes!

What societies did you guys join?
    Im guessing Long distance relationship?

and yeah the lack of single people has disappointed me! Everyone in keele seems loved up, i want a slice of the action! Although you can count on Hanley for meeting weirdos...

or newcastle for old leery men- particularly in reflex. haha!

ReputationRep:

and yeah the lack of single people has disappointed me! Everyone in keele seems loved up, i want a slice of the action! Although you can count on Hanley for meeting weirdos...

Excellent, sounds just like home... Internet dating it is!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_want_a_penguin)
    Excellent, sounds just like home... Internet dating it is!!

heheh! yes, i too was hoping for a change from home! wel, i certainly don't regret keele. It is a fab place and u will definatley enjoy it.What course?

ReputationRep:
    Pharmacy with foundation year. Officially a mature student but I go down the pub with my 18yr old brother and his mates so I'm pretending not to be old hehe! There's no way I'd ever regret Keele, I fell in love with the place and the course is amazing too. Love can wait :p:

ReputationRep:

You're telling me, it's not even funny http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/tongue.gif

ReputationRep:
    strange.. i dont think i could start uni in a relationship - its a fresh start and i could imagine a LDR being a complete pain in the ass. fingers crossed for some nice single girls at keele!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

I've been waiting to get to Keele for so long now- can't wait to meet new people, my lectures, uni life etc plus its a fresh start
    Romance? if it happens it happens but by the sound of it I won't bet my cards on it haha

Catchetat- Im sure you'll make loads of friends- i'm short too!! shorter than u tho lol

i_want_a_penguin- I'm doing health foundation yr too- but im doing midwifery afterwards instead of pharmacy, so hopefully I shall meet u in September! x

ReputationRep:
    I'm nice!

Nah not really, i'm ebil.

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.