Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your time keeping skills? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you like to arrive on time?
    Are you always late?
    Are you always early?
    So you like to be casually late?
    Does this sound like that part of Jeremy Kyle where they ask questions to the audience at home and you call in and apply to be on the TV show?

So, I literally just had this lulzy conversation with someone on the phone:
    Person: "So... 5'o clock"
    Me: "Yeah, 5"
    Person: But 5 means 5.
    Me: I know.
    Person: No, Holly. 5 means 5, not 10 past, quarter past, 20 past, but 5.
    ...etc.

I'm never on time for anything, never made it to a single lecture on time last year. Literally not one.
    Oh and also, do you value punctuality?

Et toi?

ReputationRep:
    On time for things like appointments, classes etc. Often arrive early for interviews. Usually turn up late to parties.

ReputationRep:
    Late for everything, unless I make a special extra effort, and then the other person decides to be late. :bored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    On time for things like appointments, classes etc. Often arrive early for interviews. Usually turn up late to parties.
    :ditto:
    This

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Late for everything, unless I make a special extra effort, and then the other person decides to be late. :bored:

Yeahhh, this. A while back I was supposed to meet my friend at 'exactly 9'.
    So I make this effort, get there on time. Call her "Wtf? Why did you decide to be on time today? I haven't even left my house!" ¬_¬

I was not happy. Nonono.

ReputationRep:
    Im fashionably late for things. Things will wait for me. I run on PMT. Paul Mean Time. Im late for **** and people get PMT over it. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    On time for everything

I love the track in your sig, that is exactly the kind of dnb that does it for me these days. Bigup all dnb heads

ReputationRep:
    I always plan out to get to places on time, but something always happens that is beyond my control so I end up late.

Always late.

For example, the time I agree to meet someone will be the time I leave the house.

ReputationRep:
    I'm early for everything

ReputationRep:
    Early for everything. I over estimate everything though, and I walk faster than most people, so I overestimate the average times and end up arriving miles early (30mins early in a train station isn't fun at 7am)

ReputationRep:
    Always early. I hate people who don't arrive on time.

ReputationRep:
    Awful. I'm usually always at least 10 minutes late when I'm supposed to meet someone.

ReputationRep:
    My intensions are good - I always always try to be on time, leave early to get somewhere I need to get to.
    But then, I'm always faffing around (or rather waiting for my chauffer - my mum) to stop faffing around, so I end up being a few minutes late.

I won't go into a pub or club on my own, so I purposefully arrive late, so that one of them can meet me outside and walk in with me lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always late for everything. I start work at 9am, therefore I wake up at 10am everyday :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I was always late for school. Always. For 14 years. No matter how hard I tried I was always late.

When it comes to work though I am always on time/early. No point in being late and getting in trouble with the boss.

Im also early for interviews. I had one a few weeks ago at I thought not sure how long it would take to get there. Gave myself an hour to get there and go there in about 20-25minutes, so sat in the car until I had to go in!

ReputationRep:
    I'm always on time, except when meeting friends, because they are allllllways late

I do this by setting out early :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Awful. I'm usually always at least 10 minutes late when I'm supposed to meet someone.
    Same here.

The thing is, I reckon there's something systemic about me that makes me late. Like, I don't like to be late, I don't plan on going late, yet somehow, through one turn or another, I always am. I'm sure it's divine providence-- it can only be! Whatever I try, I'm always late.

And it's not the time per se that's the problem either. For example, if I have to be somewhere at 12, I'll get there at 12.15. But if I had to be there on that same day at 11, I'd be there at 11.15. So it's not its being at 12 that's the issue. It could be 12 or 1 or 2 or 5 or 7 and make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

If all that wasn't bad enough, life seems to go out of its way to make me late for things. Most recently, I was on my way to go and play tennis with my friend. I left in perfectly good time and hopped on the bus, and then the bus had to stop for at least 25 minutes because of some guys who didn't pay and were causing trouble, so the driver called the police. If it wasn't that, I would have forgotten something, or had to take something to someone, or met an estranged friend along the way, or fell over and twisted my ankle, or been arrested, or gotten lost, or fainted, or any number of a countless pool of things whose sole existence is dedicated to making me late.

Woe is me

ReputationRep:
    I've never arrived LATE for anything in my entire life. Always make sure i'm 30-45 mins early just incase.

ReputationRep:
    My time keeper is surprisingly my hand watch, oddly it has three hands!!!
    i still hvnt figured out whats the use in them!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.