Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your time keeping skills? watch

ReputationRep:
    Imagine a World where we all came on time! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Define "came" ?

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand being late, even if it's just by two minutes. I get very anxious if I think i'm going to be late, when most of the time I have plenty of time.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the context of the situation, and my motivation for being there.

But you can generally say that for the first 10 minutes of any lecture/seminar, I will not be there. It's not intentional, I'm just a last-minute-getting-ready sort of person - I pack for holidays on the morning I set off, which includes finding my passport.

Meeting friends is the same but I always ring them in advance to say that I'm going to be late, even if it is standard practice now :p:

ReputationRep:
    I used to be terribly late for everything, but I've made an effort to be punctual lately. However, in my group of friends we're all quite tardy, so if we're meeting at 11 it's generally accepted that most people will turn up at 11:30.

ReputationRep:
    I'm late for everything, it's terrible.

I can't help it though. My phone/purse/chewing gum/hair brush/shoes always go missing five minutes before my bus arrives.

ReputationRep:
    I have a watch.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always on time. I hate being late despite everybody else never being punctual.

ReputationRep:
    I try to be early. I rarely am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
    Always late.

For example, the time I agree to meet someone will be the time I leave the house.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what I'm doing. If it's just popping over to a mate's, then usually I'm late. If it's something arranged, then I'm on time. Unless it's a party, in which case I'll be intentionally late.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible. I am always late. The only thing I am not late for is work.

I don't value timekeeping in others. I don't care when people are late at all.

ReputationRep:
    I like to arrive on time, but I usually get there early. I hate looking around for people so like to have a seat before they get there so they can look foolish.

ReputationRep:
    Ironic as most people are wasting their time on TSR.

So I'm guessing most of us aren't going to be great at it.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly on time.
    Purposely late if it's someone I don't really wanna see.

ReputationRep:
    Early for interviews and lectures purely because I don't like rushing into these things.
    On time for appointments at doctors, dentist etc (you always have to wait anyway :rolleyes: )
    On time for work... not getting paid before it's time to start anyway! But I'll allow time for personal preparation such as toilet visit before I start :bigsmile:
    Late for meeting my friends/boyfriend just because I always spend ages trying to make myself look/feel better, even though it's a little bit pointless haha.

I think being on time for work and interviews is important, probably lectures too so you don't disrupt people although I was never bothered by people who turned up late! I don't know I guess it's better to be on time but not always vital

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite disorganised, but never about time :hmmm:

I'm creepily punctual. Not punctual actually, always early.

ReputationRep:
    everyone says im the most disorganised person they;ve ever known...in uni my lecterurs tell me im unbelievably scattered and so laid back that im almost always late for everything,oh well. I cant help it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always 10 or 15 minutes early for everything. Its a habit, just so i have time to prepare myself for anything that might change, any delays and stuff. It annoys me when people are late at my expense (as in, because they are late, i have to wait around, when i should be doing stuff), but usually i'm fine with it.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.