Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After graduation what is your next step? Do you want to do a post graduate degree? Is their a dream job you have in mind? Discuss!

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Hopefully, if im considered good enough and have had a good placement year, whoever i went with during placement will hopefully offer me a job. Or mayby if not that try for a Masters to try and stand out more. All dependent on how i do in my second and third years really.

ReputationRep:
    I hope to get a job that I enjoy...

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    Depending on how well I do in the 2nd and 3rd year, I may go for Masters. After that, I'm not really sure. I think it depends on the placement I'll be doing.

Wouldn't mind moving away though. Australia, please

ReputationRep:
    i have absolutely nooooooooo idea... but finding a job shouldn't be that hard with a maths degree right?

ReputationRep:
    My plan is to do the bachelors degree with a placement year at a games development studio somewhere. After the degree is over I'll probably do a Masters degree, as that will also give me some time to sharpen my skills. After that I'll look for a job at a Games Development studio over here and if there's nothing, I'll start looking abroad as well.

But none of that is set in stone beyond the bachelors degree. E.g. if I get a good placement year and they offered me a job after I finished my degree, I probably wouldn't do the masters.

ReputationRep:
    Pgce

ReputationRep:
    Post graduate certificate in education?

ReputationRep:
    yea! i gonna become a teacher!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds cool, what do you want to teach?

ReputationRep:
    would love primary! but probs gonna do ict or maths

ReputationRep:
    If I was ever gonna teach I'd have to teach at at least 6th form level. Then at least you can have a bit of banter with the pupils.

ReputationRep:
    If I wanted to teach, I wouldn't even do sixth form. I'd have to be a University lecturer. At least then you are guaranteed that the people in the room actually want to learn.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna move to America at some point after I graduate..! Would be cool if I met someone to go with as well.

ReputationRep:
    get a placement in my third year in one of the largest financial capitals, travel for a few months/ work placements, get a masters degree then find a financial job that requires and accommodates travelling. Hopefully end up in New York

ReputationRep:
    be a propriety trader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aguycalleddave)
    If I wanted to teach, I wouldn't even do sixth form. I'd have to be a University lecturer. At least then you are guaranteed that the people in the room actually want to learn.
    where's the challenge n thrill in that i'd rather the school kids ta

ReputationRep:
    I agree with wiggler, also in my experience not many turn up to lectures.....even ones where you have to sign you there.

ReputationRep:
    I want to do a post graduate masters degree in computer science or software engineering. At the moment software engineer seems like a nice job, I've started teaching myself C++ and I enjoy it. Anyone have experience in designing software?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priscilla J)
    get a placement in my third year in one of the largest financial capitals, travel for a few months/ work placements, get a masters degree then find a financial job that requires and accommodates travelling. Hopefully end up in New York
    out of interest, where would you go?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.