Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well i would love to become a concept designer for a game industry. of course, the majority of the games industries are located in the usa so hopefully i'll head off there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tron_waldock)
    well i would love to become a concept designer for a game industry. of course, the majority of the games industries are located in the usa so hopefully i'll head off there
    clearly you have not heard of bungie, real time worlds, rockstar or rare lol all in the UK all big names.

I would have liked to go to america but with the curent economic climate I certainly would not

ReputationRep:
    I swear there was a review no so long ago in the year which said the EU was higher in terms of game development than the US .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaksey)
    out of interest, where would you go?
    I'd do a Eurotrip first, start from france, belgium, netherlands, germany, italy, spain portugal morrocco, then do another trip of eastern europe going down to the middle east ending up in Egypt. I'd also love to go to Asia, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Hong Kong- I'd lovce for this dream to come true :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I want to visit Okinawa, Osaka and random places throughout eastern asia, by the gods I would even love to live in Japan. No other country is filled with insane people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyboi90)
    I swear there was a review no so long ago in the year which said the EU was higher in terms of game development than the US .
    america is probably one of the lowest

germany has crytek
    france has ubisoft
    uk has rare, rockstar, realtime worlds, lionhead, bungie, eidos, criterion etc

aisa has a few good ones

america has a lot of them and most are publishers however which use the UK for development like rockstar who pretend the american studios do everything but its mostly the scotland studio who did big names like gta 4 and midnight club la

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priscilla J)
    I'd do a Eurotrip first, start from france, belgium, netherlands, germany, italy, spain portugal morrocco, then do another trip of eastern europe going down to the middle east ending up in Egypt. I'd also love to go to Asia, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Hong Kong- I'd lovce for this dream to come true :yes:
    sounds pretty good actually!

thinking about it, i'd like to go to Easter Island.

ReputationRep:
    which is bioware, thaTS USA right? EA games aswell , it's soo confusing, i did not realise bungie was UK, or is it shared?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonyjoe)
    america has a lot of them and most are publishers however which use the UK for development like rockstar who pretend the american studios do everything but its mostly the scotland studio who did big names like gta 4 and midnight club la
    Dont forget Leeds , i would actually kill to work for Rockstar North when i graduate. I mate of mine had work experience with them and is guaranteed a place after he completes his degree .

ReputationRep:
    What about team 7 and Lion head. They rock, in lion heads case is mainly due to them being bullfrog before :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tron_waldock)
    which is bioware, thaTS USA right? EA games aswell , it's soo confusing, i did not realise bungie was UK, or is it shared?
    Bioware is in canada I think lol, it must be so hard to work there the games are so well coded and in depth, mass effect is possibly one of teh best rpgs I've ever played and I just completed it yesterday lol. EA is mixed between many different studios some in canada, UK a couple in US but mostly they are just a publisher.

Dont forget Leeds , i would actually kill to work for Rockstar North when i graduate. I mate of mine had work experience with them and is guaranteed a place after he completes his degree .
    Yeah Im hoping to get a good placement like bungie or rockstar north for my 3rd year but will probably end up at jagex or some crap place like that lol

(Original post by Lderan)
    What about team 7 and Lion head. They rock, in lion heads case is mainly due to them being bullfrog before :woo:
    I said lionhead :P but yeah forgot team 17 they don't make full games anymore though they've gone solely to digital distribution through iphone, xbox live and playstation network but it would still be awesome to make a worms game :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Im hoping to get a good placement like bungie or rockstar north for my 3rd year but will probably end up at jagex or some crap place like that lol
    Ditto man. Could be competitors for the job in the future .

ReputationRep:
    I'd work for Valve...not games programming, but programming probs on Steam or somert like that. That would be awesome.

And I bet places like Rockstar get **** loads of applications for placements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaksey)
    I'd work for Valve...not games programming, but programming probs on Steam or somert like that. That would be awesome.

And I bet places like Rockstar get **** loads of applications for placements.
    My mate said they dont except work experience candidates apparently. He was lucky enough for his dad to do the CEO's plumbing once, and so got him in. Hoping by my third year they have changed that rule a little bit.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I see!

Rockstar would be cool though. It's in Scotland isn't it, Rockstar North?

ReputationRep:
    I think its split between Edinburgh and Leeds. Mayby somewhere else to, but those two cities definitely.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto man. Could be competitors for the job in the future .
    what degree are you doing

they'd take me obiously, I mean Im just awesome I could just walk up to the doors and Id be hired instantly no questions asked :cool:

ReputationRep:
    what degree are you doing

they'd take me obiously, I mean Im just awesome I could just walk up to the doors and Id be hired instantly no questions asked :cool:
    Computer Games Design and Film Production Technology, with all my electives in the Computer Game Design side of the course (Probably).

ReputationRep:
    Computer Games Design and Film Production Technology, with all my electives in the Computer Game Design side of the course (Probably).
    Ah right I've gone for programming, Im crap at art unless Im on photoshop lol

ReputationRep:
    well i want to be a concept artist, and my dream come true would be to work for bioware whp make kiss ass games, completed mass effect 1 - 5 times in 2 months and can not wait for the second to be released

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.