Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8152002.stm

why she even had a kid (well 2) at that age is beyond me

ReputationRep:
    And that's exactly why she should never have had children.

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible and incredibly selfish.

ReputationRep:
    This is what the whole world was trying to tell her. Did she listen? No, because she has 'rights'. Mxm.

ReputationRep:
    "Ms Bousada de Lara argued that there was no reason to believe she would not have as long a life as her mother, who died at the age of 101. She even joked that she might live to see her grandchildren."

And THAT is where she jinxed it.

ReputationRep:
    She should not have had children at that age.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I don't agree with the fact she had kids at such a late age, it is of course sad that those two boys will grow up without their mother. They are too young to even remember her :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    Whilst I don't agree with the fact she had kids at such a late age, it is of course sad that those two boys will grow up without their mother. They are too young to even remember her :sad:
    that's what takes the piss even more lol because something like this was bound to happen and it did

ReputationRep:
    Its sad for the children of course :sad:

I fully supported her rights to have kids. All the unloved children that are brought into the world, she clearly wanted hers.

ReputationRep:
    All I'm sayin is that there's a reason why women go through menopause

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed this will put off some of the other would be granny mums.

ReputationRep:
    Is it really not a blessing in disguise? I mean think about it, when those kids are 10 she would have been 76, when she took them anywhere people who have mistaken her for their grandmother and the amount of stares and humiliation would be mindboggling, I know we shouldn't wish death on anyone but maybe its for the greater good.

ReputationRep:
    sad for the children, as in any case of a mum or dad dying

she may have been old and well not well supported in her choice of having kids due to her age, people can die at any age, even in child birth, be in a fit young 20 year old or a 66 year old

she clearly wanted kids for the right reasons, so people who support the fact they would be loved, and not unwanted

ReputationRep:
    That's so sad for her children. She was clearly thinking about the benefits to herself rather than them when she decided to get pregnant though. Sad

ReputationRep:
    How the hell did she get away with lying to doctors saying she was 55?

What the hell is the world coming to!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'm not suprised that she died. Some people just can't think.

EDIT: What I think is worse is that she wants to dump her kids onto other people of the family who are "younger". Isn't that a bit much for the other member of the family considering they have rights too and they want to get on with their own life?

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the kids.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of mothers (and parents) die of cancer who are not even half her age.

She died of cancer not old age! Therefore it's difficult to criticise her in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windsprite)
    Lots of mothers (and parents) die of cancer who are not even half her age.

She died of cancer not old age! Therefore it's difficult to criticise her in that respect.
    Fair point but she still shouldn't have had kids when she was so frail. It's not fair on the kids although she thinks it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Fair point but she still shouldn't have had kids when she was so frail. It's not fair on the kids although she thinks it is.
    She might not have been frail at the time though.
    And you don't have to be frail to get cancer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.