Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How sad! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie!)
    She might not have been frail at the time though.
    And you don't have to be frail to get cancer.
    Frail as in being old and frail lol She was pretty old, lets face it! I mean giving birth when you are old is one thing, lying to cover your age up is a completely other thing. Now the kids' lives are pretty unpredictable and kids need their parents. The poor babies don't even know what happened to their mum probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Frail as in being old and frail lol She was pretty old, lets face it! I mean giving birth when you are old is one thing, lying to cover your age up is a completely other thing. Now the kids' lives are pretty unpredictable and kids need their parents. The poor babies don't even know what happened to their mum probably.
    Ah ok I get ya, although you should see my gran, she's 72, she wouldn't be able to go through birth again but she's anything but frail!

She was diagnosed shortly after birth, maybe it just took it out of her much more than she thought.
    It is sad though, they were probably really loved by her, and now they have to grow up without her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Frail as in being old and frail lol
    You know that frail and old are not synonyms, right?

ReputationRep:
    c'est la vie

ReputationRep:
    What were the chances of that happening? :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok I get ya, although you should see my gran, she's 72, she wouldn't be able to go through birth again but she's anything but frail!

She was diagnosed shortly after birth, maybe it just took it out of her much more than she thought.
    It is sad though, they were probably really loved by her, and now they have to grow up without her.
    Same! My grandad is nearly 85 or something and he does have a broken hip joint that got fixed recently but he is still as fit as a fiddle. True, she must have really loved them but you can't really love them after they are dead can you? And it's awful the kids have to know that the kids are living without her.

You know that frail and old are not synonyms, right?
    Frail is weak and old is aged lol You might be frail and not old or you might be old and not frail but one thing, when you are in your 60's you are definitely not as fit as a 20 year old.
    (Does anyone remember that guy in Britain's Got Talent who was a break dancer or something :O and he starting busting out some moves and he like started bleeding in the semi-final. Shocking.)

ReputationRep:
    what about the dad? where is he?

ReputationRep:
    Maria del Carmen , the Spaniard who made news in 2006 when she gave birth to twins aged 66, has died at the age of 69.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8152002.stm

Apparently there are lots of family to help raise the boys, now two. The poor things

ReputationRep:
    That's so sad...

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly the reason she shouldn't have had the kids (Or anyone of her age for that matter). The poor buggers wont even remember her :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Omg. Only 2? Thats awful.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly liberal, but the menopause is there for a reason.

Poor children

ReputationRep:
    whoa...such a shame... even if she lived for longer she wouldn't be at the age where she can run around after them and wake up all the time to feed them ...

Stupid woman. Fancy having kids at nearly 70.

Doesn't even bear thinking about...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CWild)
    That's horrible and incredibly selfish.
    I so agree with this....

It is selfish....

ReputationRep:
    66 is not that old. Not an appropiate age for child-bearing particularly as she lied to an IVF clinic about her age. I'm still surprised she's dead though.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you have kids that late? It was bound to end in tears, one way or another.

ReputationRep:
    "Ms Bousada de Lara argued that there was no reason to believe she would not have as long a life as her mother, who died at the age of 101."

what an idiotic argument. my dad died when he was 38, it doesn't mean im going to

ReputationRep:
    Poor kids .

I'm not particularly outraged at her age though...

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.