Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO?

BTEC NATIONAL CERT AND BTEC NATION DIPLOMA?

THANKS

P.S IM STILL WATING FOR MY BTEC NATIONAL CERT IN ENGINEERING! HOPINGGGG I GOT A DD! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I believe a NC is worth 2 a levels (if at level 3) and ND is worth 3 (if at level 3).

ReputationRep:
    The National Diploma is worth more, and is harder. Essentially.

You could probably get into Uni with the BTEC NC + An A Level as where, but you can get into Uni with just a BTEC ND.

Depends what you want to do in the future, personally I believe the BTEC ND is an excellent qualification to have, regardless of which area you are studying, I myself took the BTEC ND for ICT Practitioners and barring a massive marking **** up it's got me to Uni.

ReputationRep:
    With a diploma you get three a levels and with a BTEC certificate you only get 2 however collages well in my recommended those doin a BTEC certificate should take an A level subject to make for the third grade.

ReputationRep:
    Usually only those with more experience can go on to do the certificate, but most do so after A Levels, or to stay on another year at college.

ReputationRep:
    National Certificate = 11/12 units equivalent to 2 A-levels

National Diploma = usually 17/18 units equivalent to 3 A-levels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.