Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    Umm what about the Airfrance crash?
    The A332 has one of the best safety records of any plane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamer99)
    If it was a Boeing or Airbus I'm sure it wouldn't have happened. Everyone knows that these airlines aren't as safe as Western ones.
    Both Air France and Yemenia were modern Airbuses, and they crashed.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly yet it still came down, you just manged to destroy your point about worse planes being the cause :rolleyes:
    Not really. Seeing you're probably MORE LIKELY to be involved in a crash in a tupolev than a comparing model such as the A332.

I never said that they are completely safe but you're probably more likely to survive in a crash and less likely to crash in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neodymium)
    Both Air France and Yemenia were modern Airbuses, and they crashed.
    I never said they were invincible.

ReputationRep:
    The A332 has one of the best safety records of any plane.
    The Tu-154's is better.

ReputationRep:
    I never said they were invincible.
    You suggested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    The Tu-154's is better.
    Got the model wrong for the Airbus (It's the A330) but the TU-154 has been involved in a number of fatal incidents. The 330 has been involved in just one (excluding the one in testing).

ReputationRep:
    In the cases in these countries, the problem isn't the type or age of plane, it is the fact that they haven't been properly maintained.
    I completely agree. As my original post states I was just wondering if it had been a Airbus or Boeing than would the crash still have occured.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.