Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

In my itunes library I have an album by an artist but it's separated out into them and then 4 other sections where it says "....Feat..."...Is there any way I can group them all together so that all songs come under one name on my ipod??

ReputationRep:
    I usually get rid of the 'featuring' bit from the artist section and put it in brackets next to the song title instead. It's the only way I've found to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I usually get rid of the 'featuring' bit from the artist section and put it in brackets next to the song title instead. It's the only way I've found to do it.
    Yep, this is exactly what I do.

I would recommend this, OP :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Or u Could just not use itunes in the 1st place, in my personal experience it simply SUCKS

ReputationRep:
    I too do this, had fun with Jack Johnson's singalong lullabies album, every other song had one of his mates on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    Or u Could just not use itunes in the 1st place, in my personal experience it simply SUCKS
    You're wrong, MR.PINK. WRONG! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Select the songs, right click Get Info - Info and edit the Album Artist field.

It's what I do too. :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    It's what I do too. :hat2:
    LMAO at the quote in your sig!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You're wrong, MR.PINK. WRONG! :mad:
    lol, thats my opinion, and every one can have a different one.

still i would like to know why i'm wrong?

lol, thats my opinion, and every one can have a different one.

still i would like to know why i'm wrong?
    Alright, calm it kermit, I think ArtGoblin there was saying that (mostly) in jest! :p:

I prefer iTunes to anything else, then again it's the one I'm used to. You're not 'wrong' to like something else...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Alright, calm it kermit, I think ArtGoblin there was saying that (mostly) in jest! :p:

I prefer iTunes to anything else, then again it's the one I'm used to. You're not 'wrong' to like something else...
    :rolleyes:
    dont get me wrong, i prefer apple ipods to other media players, its just itunes that i hate. the main reason is that it completely erased about 25gb of music:mad: :mad: :mad:

:rolleyes:
    dont get me wrong, i prefer apple ipods to other media players, its just itunes that i hate. the main reason is that it completely erased about 25gb of music:mad: :mad: :mad:
    Ahh, I see! :rolleyes: Yeah, I can see why you would 'hate' it then! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Right click, edit song info, go onto sorting, and for 'sort artist' put the name you want them all to be sorted under...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!!

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I do this, the artist name comes up twice on my ipod - how can I change it so the artist name only comes up once on the artist menu?? Thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddy21)
    Whenever I do this, the artist name comes up twice on my ipod - how can I change it so the artist name only comes up once on the artist menu?? Thanx
    Have you made sure the artist name is exactly the same each time? There might be a space behind one of the words - try editing it and pressing backspace at the end of the artist's name.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.