Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know what you're thinking, another one of these dreaded "help me pick what uni to go to" threads!

I've been accepted to Strathclyde and Glasgow; Glasgow for Business & Management, and Strathclyde for general Business: I was thinking of picking Business Technology/Enterprise and Marketing if I went there.

Slightly leaning towards Strathclyde because of the great reputation it's Business School has, but there's the fact that Glasgow has a great reputation as a uni.

What's everyone's opinion? :confused:

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've been searching for forums addressing pretty much the same "problem" as you! I'm in similar shoes as you... I've applied to Strathclyde for HR Management and Marketing, & to Glasgow for Business Management with French.

I've got conditional offers from both & am having serious trouble deciding which one to place as my "safety" choice - I'm thinking I'll make Exeter my first choice, instead of Loughborough atm.

Thing about Glasgow is that it lets you combine a pretty awesome & crazy array of courses... so its good in the sense that it'll serve as a safety net, in case you change your mind about what you want to study, once actually at uni. Also, as you said, the university overall is higher in rankings & better accredited. My problem is that they're not as well known for their Business School & that their offer is 2 points higher (I'm taking the IB) than that of Strathclyde... =/

Strathclyde, on the other hand, is renowned for its Business School & spends loads more money on it than Glasgow. Their offer is easier than Glasgow's, but to be honest, the school is more well-known for the Masters courses in business.

They're both in the same city... & I honestly can't decide which one to go for! =(

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 21, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.