Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know what you're thinking, another one of these dreaded "help me pick what uni to go to" threads!

I've been accepted to Strathclyde and Glasgow; Glasgow for Business & Management, and Strathclyde for general Business: I was thinking of picking Business Technology/Enterprise and Marketing if I went there.

Slightly leaning towards Strathclyde because of the great reputation it's Business School has, but there's the fact that Glasgow has a great reputation as a uni.

What's everyone's opinion? :confused:

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've been searching for forums addressing pretty much the same "problem" as you! I'm in similar shoes as you... I've applied to Strathclyde for HR Management and Marketing, & to Glasgow for Business Management with French.

I've got conditional offers from both & am having serious trouble deciding which one to place as my "safety" choice - I'm thinking I'll make Exeter my first choice, instead of Loughborough atm.

Thing about Glasgow is that it lets you combine a pretty awesome & crazy array of courses... so its good in the sense that it'll serve as a safety net, in case you change your mind about what you want to study, once actually at uni. Also, as you said, the university overall is higher in rankings & better accredited. My problem is that they're not as well known for their Business School & that their offer is 2 points higher (I'm taking the IB) than that of Strathclyde... =/

Strathclyde, on the other hand, is renowned for its Business School & spends loads more money on it than Glasgow. Their offer is easier than Glasgow's, but to be honest, the school is more well-known for the Masters courses in business.

They're both in the same city... & I honestly can't decide which one to go for! =(

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.