Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    good and helpful post Vizzini thanks.

Pointsy, i'm sure you have already been told but for the benefit of others i'll post it. My AFCO told me to ring the RAF recruitment number and register your interest for the ABM role. They said this way you will most likely find out when they are recruiting for that role before the AFCO (their words not mine).

ReputationRep:
    Yea cheers Vizzini, no pain no gain sprung to mind.

Yup thats what my AFCO said AndyG, sit and wait now...

ReputationRep:
    Slight Necro:

Anyone else get an email telling them that the role has briefly reopened for those people who registered interest?

Also, who else will be on the October RJP?

Just revising and updating my application form at the moment, and should have it off tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Already sent mine off, hoping to pick up my application from where I left off. Will have to see what the next few days hold. Wishing for that OASC date to come through quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine off too - Hoping to hear from Cambridge AFCO soon. With any luck I wont have to do a PJFT and can get forwarded to Cranwell...

*everythings crossed*

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

slight change of topic, and for that I do apologise.

I have been looking through all the posts with alot of interest now and think ABM is right for me.

i have just a couple of questions,

How do the new battery of tests differ? and what happens if youget to the ABM school in Boulmer and fail your branch training, having gone through IOT before hand??

Any responses would be appreciated, thankyou in advance :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hi Gareth,

If you mean the aptitude tests, they differ in the fact they are looking for slightly different things. However you can prepare any different so it doesnt matter!
    And if you fail your aptitude tests after IOT at RAF Boulmer, you can be reassigned to another career or you can be told to leave the force (probably the latter in this day and age). However if you have the Aptitude, they do everything they can to get you through the course, people have spent several years just doing the branch training. (or at least thats what I understood)

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Pointsy, yeh that helps alot thanks.

It seems a bit brutal after going through IOT, but at the end of the day they want the best people for the job.

Good luck to everyone re-applying for ABM!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socaddict)
    Slight Necro:

Anyone else get an email telling them that the role has briefly reopened for those people who registered interest?
    Hi guys,

Sorry, I've just got back in off exercise. I can confirm that ABM is now open for recruitment - I'm told places are going fast, so get those apps in!

I'll pass on my apologies for the RJP - it's still going ahead atm, but I won't be there I'm afraid, so I shan't get to meet you all .

Vizzini

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if this is a bog standard email from the RAF careers office?

'Thank you for your enquiry to join the RAF. We are now assessing your basic eligibility and will contact you again shortly.

Please note that this EMAIL HAS BEEN GENERATED BY AN UNATTENDED APPLICATION - REPLIES WILL NOT BE ACTIONED'

The reason I ask is when I phoned this careers line they said I couldn't join because I had been studying abroad for a year. After phoning an AFCO I found out this wasn't the case. When I reapplied via the online application, I put I have lived abroad in the last five years, so after previous experience I am concerned they will not pass on my application to Cranwell, even though I have had a filter, PJFT medical and had an OASC date for August.

I did explain in the additional information section that I had meet all the criteria to continue with an application. Sorry for the worrying, but with so many people applying I don't want to get left behind, I was already delayed by 2/3 months getting the required documents to apply from the country I studied abroad in.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    this EMAIL HAS BEEN GENERATED BY AN UNATTENDED APPLICATION
    There is your clue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProStacker)
    There is your clue.
    I'm aware of that. But I'm looking for some clarification.

ReputationRep:
    got text and email also. submitted application straight away on wednesday 8th september but i still havent heard anything back from them. also didnt recieve this email "Thank you for your enquiry to join the RAF. We are now assessing your basic eligibility and will contact you again shortly." after i submitted my application. Anyone else heard back yet? starting to worry theres a problem with me sending my application...

and my name is down for RJP with my AFCO but i havent heard from them since the start of august when the last 1 was postponed!

ReputationRep:
    A friend who I met on the RJP sent theirs off 1/2 hours after me and they have not received this email. Hence why I asked the question I did. Now that's two people who have sent in applications who have not had this email and the part about assessing 'basic eligibility' is starting to concern me.

Part of me hopes that because I was so far in the application previously that I might be given preference or some sort of priority. But that could just be wishful thinking. After what has happened over the last year since I first made contact to apply, I won't be getting excited about it till I arrive at OASC.

ReputationRep:
    Well Sypher at least there is a few of us in the same situation! How far along were u previoulsy with your application? I also thought the same but as far as I'm aware you have to start the process again from the filter interview. I noticed on the RAF careers page that processing applications can take up to 14 days at the current time, so that also could be the reason, again wishful thinking!

This thread is proving very useful for finding people in the same situation, keep each other updated.....

Andy

ReputationRep:
    I had the filter interview, the medical and the PJFT and an OASC date for August. Then it was all cancelled. I was the medical and PJFT are valid for one year, I had them in February. I was also told I might need to be interviewed again over the phone but it would be only ten mins or so. I was told that at the RJP in June. Really I'm just waiting to see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my application on the wednesday evening when ABm opened. Yesterday (12 days later) I received the same email as you Sypher1985. Im also in a similar situation as I was abroad for 3.5months at the beginning of this year, which was cleared by my AFCO originally, so im hoping I also meet the 'basic eligibility'!

I had done my Filter and medical but was waiting for my PJFT at the time. I was told (at the smae RJP ) that I might not need to ro-d the whole process, but my AFCO said my medical was only valid for a few months. However the 'pilot' of PJFTs in the East of England is over, and has not been continued at the moment, so (hopefully) I can go 'straight' to OASC, most likely after a chat.

We shall see

ReputationRep:
    I had done my filter, been recommended for OASC and was waiting on their reply when it closed. The medical and PJFT is only for people in certain areas??

On Monday night I emailed the cpc to ask if they had received my application for reasons already stated. The reply "Thank you for your enquiry. I can confirm that we have received your online application. Please be aware that we are currently dealing with a high volume of applications, your application will be processed in due course."

AFCO rang today about RJP, so hopefully have that sorted soon.

Andy

ReputationRep:
    AFCo rang today, and I know they rung aother people aswell. My fried has got himself on a P2 tomorrow, im getting another call tomorrow or friday.

process has started!

ReputationRep:
    No phone call for me yet

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.