Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jason.faceplant)
    To my understanding i'll be wearing sweats and/or green overalls not sure how much that'll go in my favour as far as comfort goes :P:
    Hopefully you'll still be in a suit at the interview stage - you don't get the babygrow until after the sift - unless it's all changed that much...

I am very much aware of air power and a lot of the papers in the APR are really quite interesting and helping me form my own opinions. Practicing situational exercises, reading the news, APRs (read AP3000 also), keeping fit and eating (i'm underweight so fixing this) i don't have a lot of time for anything else!
    Check your PMs! EDIT: Oh, you already did!

Should all pay off soon though many thanks for the help so far
    No worries - you're very welcome!

Vizzini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vizzini)
    you don't get the babygrow until after the sift - unless it's all changed that much...

Unfortunately, yes it has. Straight into babygrows after the aptitudes, I think it is, and you stay in them until the bitter end!

Apart from the fetching blue dressing gowns, of course ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theo1977)
    Unfortunately, yes it has. Straight into babygrows after the aptitudes, I think it is, and you stay in them until the bitter end!

Apart from the fetching blue dressing gowns, of course ...
    Thanks, I'd managed, with the help of therapy and special medicine, to forget the dressing gowns :eek3: ... shudder...

Not terribly flattering...

Vizzini

ReputationRep:
    We didn't have the dressing gowns we just stayed in the green coveralls until the fitness test.

ReputationRep:
    I may be mixing up visit number one with visit number two ... in fact, I'm sure I am. Sorry, Vizzini, I tortured you with mention of blue dressing gowns for no reason!

ReputationRep:
    I may be mixing up visit number one with visit number two ... in fact, I'm sure I am. Sorry, Vizzini, I tortured you with mention of blue dressing gowns for no reason!
    No worries Theo. Had a stiff cup of tea and watched Stenders. After my brain dribbled out of my ears I felt better again .

Vizzini

(Clearly not the tea that caused the dribbling, so apologies if you enjoy Eastenders!)

ReputationRep:
    haha was gonna say, i didn't think tea would be too much of a bother to make

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure no-one on here watches Eastenders. We're all too busy doing team sports, working on our fitness, running yoof activities, fundraising for charity, reading newspapers, practising mental arithmetic and problem solving, and reading electronic copies of the new air power doctrine.

Plus, Eastenders is awful:p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure no-one on here watches Eastenders. We're all too busy doing team sports, working on our fitness, running yoof activities, fundraising for charity, reading newspapers, practising mental arithmetic and problem solving, and reading electronic copies of the new air power doctrine.

Crikey! When do you sleep?

Good practice for IOT sleep deprivation, mind. Certainly for the first few weeks. And the last few weeks. And some of the weeks in the middle .

Vizzini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_frost)
    haha was gonna say, i didn't think tea would be too much of a bother to make
    See, that depends. When I first qualified as a wet behind the ears JO someone asked me for a 'NATO Standard' cup of tea: Any ideas? I had no clue at the time...

Vizzini
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    See, that depends. When I first qualified as a wet behind the ears JO someone asked me for a 'NATO Standard' cup of tea: Any ideas? I had no clue at the time...

Vizzini
    As opposed to a Julie Andrews or a Whoopi Goldberg presumably?

ReputationRep:
    I'd make a guess at decent strength, reasonable amount of milk, no sugar. But I have absolutely no idea.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought a NATO standard cuppa was milk and 2 sugars, but I'm probably wrong.

ReputationRep:
    This may derive from the “NATO standard” cup of coffee and tea (milk and two sugars), military slang going back to the late 1950s and parodying NATO's relentless bureaucratic drive to standardize parts across European and U.S. militaries.
    Google wins!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Whereas Julie Andrews is a 'white nun' and Whoopi Goldberg a 'black nun'

ReputationRep:
    Ah-ha! Thanks, TPD, I shall sleep more easily tonight now that's been explained ...

ReputationRep:
    im loving the in depth tea making discussion!

I shall remember it if it comes up in filter interview tomorrow :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_frost)
    im loving the in depth tea making discussion!

I shall remember it if it comes up in filter interview tomorrow :P
    This is quite impressive thread drift, but I also thoroughly enjoyed the great tea debate. Thank you all for your contributions: TPD, pointed, concise and excellent as usual; Jason, your google fu is mighty! DBazza, spot on without assistance . I think you'll all agree that this is relevant and important GSK (General Service Knowledge) :p:.

So, next starter for 10 - how to mix a Martini? (Not improving the thread drift, unless anyone has an ABM related question? )

BTW, best of luck today Jack!

Vizzini

ReputationRep:
    Lots of gin, a whisper of vermouth. Stir. Don't use ice, just make sure everything is chilled beyond belief.

Never, ever, shake a martini - and CERTAINLY not with ice.

For personal preference (and future reference), I like a bit of lemon zest in mine.

I love threads when they drift like this!

ReputationRep:
    So, next starter for 10 - how to mix a Martini? (Not improving the thread drift, unless anyone has an ABM related question? )

Go on then, I'll ask one :p:

Why did 'they' change the name? Is it simply because we don't really have 'fighters' anymore?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.