Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Since the website does not provide any statistics about the number of applications received and the number of intakes. How does one be sure of whether their course is even good enough?

Im going to be doing MA Management and Organizational analysis. Know anything about it??

THANKS!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You can use the league tables to give you a very vague idea. Most of them give details about "entry standards" and hence tell you how competitive the course is in relation to other universities. I imagine that this will be broadly accurate regardless of the fact that you'll be a postgrad. Otherwise, Warwick Business School is one of the top in the country so you can be pretty sure that you're course is probably over-subscribed.

ReputationRep:
    I think most courses at Warwick are probably oversubscribed... because it's a good University.

Courses that are always popular, like Maths, English, Business and Law, will probably be very popular.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all of you!

ReputationRep:
    I imagine figures will be thrown around at open days and the like. Realistically, if you are considering Warwick you're likely considering other universities with a good reputation too. All of them will be oversubscribed, all of them have shock numbers (for me and Law I was 90 out of 1,800 to get in) but just forget about the numbers and apply (or wait if you've applied) as if you are good enough you'll get considered.

ReputationRep:
    There might be something on this website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark911)
    I imagine figures will be thrown around at open days and the like. Realistically, if you are considering Warwick you're likely considering other universities with a good reputation too. All of them will be oversubscribed, all of them have shock numbers (for me and Law I was 90 out of 1,800 to get in) but just forget about the numbers and apply (or wait if you've applied) as if you are good enough you'll get considered.
    The funny thing is I have gotten through already and have also paid the deposit. But someone I was talking to created this doubt in my head saying that Warwick is only known for undergrad and the course that i'm doing may not get me anywhere (I hate that *****).

So I just needed to be re-assured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PumpKin123)
    The funny thing is I have gotten through already and have also paid the deposit. But someone I was talking to created this doubt in my head saying that Warwick is only known for undergrad and the course that i'm doing may not get me anywhere (I hate that *****).

So I just needed to be re-assured.
    Yeah that's cool. I still think a lot of it is to do with the person rather than the university anyway. But if it isn't, then as said WBS is a good school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PumpKin123)
    Hey

Since the website does not provide any statistics about the number of applications received and the number of intakes. How does one be sure of whether their course is even good enough?

Im going to be doing MA Management and Organizational analysis. Know anything about it??

THANKS!!
    I found the amount of students accepted into my department on the departmental webpage, under admissions and then common questions or something similar. Maybe your course has some FAQ pages too?
    I study German, this was the page I found for GERMAN: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/g...endays/intake/
    so maybe you have one too for management somewhere?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how reliable it is, but just found this on wikipedia:

According to The Sunday Times' University Guide 2006, Warwick has the fourth highest place contention in the UK with about ten applicants for every place.[19] The university accepted a record-low 10 percent of applicants in 2007, making it one of the most selective universities in the world

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I'm suddenly elated with pride!

ReputationRep:
    I know economics is ridiculously oversubscribed, esp in 06 when warwick econ was ranked 2nd in the country aft cambridge. Made a major difference to no. of apps, and they have pretty much stayed that high since.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.