Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and the time difference will be about 3/4 hours ahead, so my question is, do I take my pill at the same time i do at home..but three hours later?

E.g. I usually take my pill at about 5.30pm-6pm when at home...so when I'm abroad, should I take it at 8.30pm or 9pm LOCAL TIME so it's technically still 5.30pm in England?

ALSO...what effect does taking the pill say, 3 hours EARLY have? Because the next few weeks I'm working during the time I'd usually take my pill...so would it be ok to take the pill at like...3pm rather than 5.30pm for a few days? I'm so paranoid about things like this!

you'd take it at 5.30 ENGLAND time, so it's 24 hours apart

but i believe it depends on the type of pill you take

Look on the leaflet with your pill. Some of them have a twelve hour window after your normal time in which you can still take them, and others (the POP I think?) have a three hour window. But yeah, you take it at 9pm local time so it's the right time in the UK.

Keep your phone on UK time and set an alarm for when you would normally take it. Even if it means waking up at 3am wherever you are, it's better than risking taking it late.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.