Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice on weird guy problem Watch

*Summary at bottom

Ok so for the last few months I've been talking to this guy (phone and msn) from another country. We spoke occasionally but consistently.

Recently I realized he was blocking me on msn, sometimes only to add me again when he felt like it. I asked him about it, he denied it, I said sorry, and then he did it again. I have two msn screen names (which he knows!) and I was able to see that my main one was blocked when I went on my second one.

So the thing is, I'm moving to the country this guy is from (this was known from the beginning) and am doing so very soon.

But when I found out I had been right about him blocking me, and that he lied I sent him a message on msn (the one I wasn't blocked on) essentially ripping him apart for what he did. After he got the message he blocked that screen name too.

So I was fine, sooo relieved to finally know whats what. But then...the next morning he sends me an email! In the email he acts like nothing happened! He just talks casually inquiring about when I'm arriving, and in no way addresses his lies or what I said to him about it.

And I know for a fact he blocked my 2nd screen name after I sent him that message because he was still on mutual friends msn for a long time after that.

So how on earth do I respond to his email??? Do I act like nothing happened? Frankly I'm a bit tired of calling him out on his lies...So confused!

*SUMMARY:Talking to guy from a country I'm moving to, I liked him a lot, now I like him less (but still a bit) but hes lied repeatedly, is aware I know he lied, and is continuing on like nothing happened!

Anyone?! I really need some opinions!

ReputationRep:
    Forgettaboutit
    He isn't worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he wasn't in the mood to talk at the time and so carried on as usual afterwards:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    YOu don't know this guy in person.
    MSN is in no way a representation of someones true manner or personality - its only the tip of the iceberg.

If I were you, forget this whole blocking on msn business, clearly its a bigger deal to you then to him. When you move, try not to rely on him to introduce you to anyone, look after you, just relax and make your own friends and treat him like you would any other...

What country are you moving too? English speaking or not?

ReputationRep:
    Just don't bother with him anymore. I'm sure you'll meet plenty more people when you move anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Probably someone he's saying he isn't

Sounds a bit like a guy i knew.

He might just be hypersensitive and block you over the littlest things.

In which case, forget aboot him :p:

ReputationRep:
    He's an ******* and he isn't into you. Trust me, if a guy is really into you, he won't act like that. Stop making excuses for him.

(Original post by Sourire)
    Maybe he wasn't in the mood to talk at the time and so carried on as usual afterwards:dontknow:
    But to carry on as usual after I completely told him off?!

(Original post by spasmos)
    YOu don't know this guy in person.
    MSN is in no way a representation of someones true manner or personality - its only the tip of the iceberg.

If I were you, forget this whole blocking on msn business, clearly its a bigger deal to you then to him. When you move, try not to rely on him to introduce you to anyone, look after you, just relax and make your own friends and treat him like you would any other...

What country are you moving too? English speaking or not?
    So you're saying I should respond to his email like nothing happened?

Moving to England.

(Original post by becci09)
    Probably someone he's saying he isn't
    He has a pretty active facebook lol

ReputationRep:
    Neuter him.
    You know, just to be on the safe side.

Umm, that's a really weird situation. My advice would be to talk to him, but that doesn't seem to work?
    Like others have said, and, I'm sure, will say, there might be stuff going on in his life you don't know about; he might be busy, or stressed, and not want to talk.
    He might hate confrontation, so he just pretends it doesn't happen.
    Also, he may be insane.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    What the country are you talking about?People are different.

(Original post by SabaBlackSheep)
    Neuter him.
    You know, just to be on the safe side.

Umm, that's a really weird situation. My advice would be to talk to him, but that doesn't seem to work?
    Like others have said, and, I'm sure, will say, there might be stuff going on in his life you don't know about; he might be busy, or stressed, and not want to talk.
    He might hate confrontation, so he just pretends it doesn't happen.
    Also, he may be insane.

Good luck
    Thanks

(Original post by Paul PTS)
    What the country are you talking about?People are different.
    England lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks
    Sorry, but it's true.
    He might be insane, he might be a bit of a ****.
    These are both plausible excuses.

However, you're the one that's been talking to him, so you can judge if he's a nice guy... can't you?
    Like I said, maybe he was just stressed or something, and that made him act weirdly?

Don't worry, there are other people in England too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But to carry on as usual after I completely told him off?!
    Like someone has said, maybe he doesn't like confrontation and perhaps doesn't see the problem in blocking you when he doesn't want to talk

(Original post by SabaBlackSheep)
    Sorry, but it's true.
    He might be insane, he might be a bit of a ****.
    These are both plausible excuses.

However, you're the one that's been talking to him, so you can judge if he's a nice guy... can't you?
    Like I said, maybe he was just stressed or something, and that made him act weirdly?

Don't worry, there are other people in England too
    Yeah I thought he was a nice guy but the whole lying/ignoring being caught lying thing really baffles me...

Still have no idea how to respond to him!

(Original post by Sourire)
    Like someone has said, maybe he doesn't like confrontation and perhaps doesn't see the problem in blocking you when he doesn't want to talk
    But if you've block someone why on earth would you contact them again?!

What would you do? Continue as normal or...***** him out again?:confused:

This whole thing is just ridiculous but I've spent so many months having great talks with him that I just want to know whether it was all bull or not...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.