Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    he's an idiot. he obviously got bored of you/annoyed so he blocked you. guys cant choose when theyre bored to have you as a friend.
    block him, ignore him, dont contact him again and get on with your life

DONT RESPOND

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I thought he was a nice guy but the whole lying/ignoring being caught lying thing really baffles me...

Still have no idea how to respond to him!
    Umm...
    If I were you, I'd just go along with it and ignore it (only because I do retarded stuff like that sometimes, and it's never intentional). But, you don't need to just forget about it; I mean, you could bring it up at a later date if it's still bothering you.

You just have to go with what you think- how easily do you forgive, how much do you like him? No matter what anyone else says on this thread, you're going to end up going with your gut (I'd hope) and that's the best way to go.
    Then again, it's easy for me to say, from my position, that if awesome-ness of guy>weirdness of guy- just let it go.

(Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil)
    he's an idiot. he obviously got bored of you/annoyed so he blocked you. guys cant choose when theyre bored to have you as a friend.
    block him, ignore him, dont contact him again and get on with your life

DONT RESPOND
    Ok...it actually didn't occur to me to just ignore him. Looking pretty good atm...but it he did get bored/annoyed with me (very real possibility) can you tell me (from a guys perspective) why he keeps contacting me?

ReputationRep:
    But if you've block someone why on earth would you contact them again?!

What would you do? Continue as normal or...***** him out again?:confused:

This whole thing is just ridiculous but I've spent so many months having great talks with him that I just want to know whether it was all bull or not...
    He probably didn't want to talk at that moment in time or didn't have anything to say so thought it would be easier to block and then when he wanted to talk, unblock you.

Perhaps he hoped you wouldn't notice but when you did call him out, he tried to carry on as normal because he enjoys the conversations too.

So if I was you I would just carry on talking to him because like you said the conversations are great. Don't look into it too much as I'm sure he didn't do it because you annoyed him or out of spite as he has continued to talk to you.

(Original post by SabaBlackSheep)
    Umm...
    If I were you, I'd just go along with it and ignore it (only because I do retarded stuff like that sometimes, and it's never intentional). But, you don't need to just forget about it; I mean, you could bring it up at a later date if it's still bothering you.

You just have to go with what you think- how easily do you forgive, how much do you like him? No matter what anyone else says on this thread, you're going to end up going with your gut (I'd hope) and that's the best way to go.
    Then again, it's easy for me to say, from my position, that if awesome-ness of guy>weirdness of guy- just let it go.
    So tempting to just ignore it but what if he doesn't really like me and is just leading me on? Then I'll feel like such an idiot...

ReputationRep:
    Ok...it actually didn't occur to me to just ignore him. Looking pretty good atm...but it he did get bored/annoyed with me (very real possibility) can you tell me (from a guys perspective) why he keeps contacting me?

why he went back to contacting you?

horny? lonely? nothing better to do?

ReputationRep:
    just get to this country make a lot of guy mates and make him jealous!

(Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil)
    why he went back to contacting you?

horny? lonely? nothing better to do?
    Haha okay then I guess guys just lead us on like that sometimes...

(Original post by x-pri-x)
    just get to this country make a lot of guy mates and make him jealous!
    So pretend nothing happened? Or cut him off?

I've taken a tally and so far the responses on the thread are about an even split each way lol

ReputationRep:
    personally i would ignore him. delete him from your contacts and never give him another thought.

sounds to me like he enjoys the power trip of treating you however the hell he likes and knowing you will still be there afterwards acting as if nothing had happened.#
    who needs someone like that in their life? there are plenty of other people to meet in England!!!

ReputationRep:
    So you're saying I should respond to his email like nothing happened?

Moving to England.
    No, respond to his email and perhaps mention that him blocking you made you feel upset, but don't dwell on it! it's only msn!

ReputationRep:
    So tempting to just ignore it but what if he doesn't really like me and is just leading me on? Then I'll feel like such an idiot...
    You might feel like an idiot, sure, but which would you regret more?- not pursuing this and letting it go, or potentially feeling like a bit of a goon?

ReputationRep:
    I'd ditch him.

He's already got your head in a spin, so it's not a good start for any kind of relationship.

I used to go out with a guy who hated confrontation, if I tried to explain my feelings via email or messenger (I tend to get a bit over emotional when I talk), he would simply ignore it. It wouldn't be mentioned in any subsequent email, text or conversation. What that means is, nothing ever gets resolved. If you were to get involved with him, it's likely that little things will become bigger and bigger issues until you're just one big ball of frustrated insecurity.

Seriously. You haven't even met him and already you're all "but maybe he likes me really" when actually he's coming across a complete jerk. If he didn't want to talk to you, he could just have said, sorry I'm busy. There's no respect there.

(Original post by lovingmc123)
    I'd ditch him.

He's already got your head in a spin, so it's not a good start for any kind of relationship.

I used to go out with a guy who hated confrontation, if I tried to explain my feelings via email or messenger (I tend to get a bit over emotional when I talk), he would simply ignore it. It wouldn't be mentioned in any subsequent email, text or conversation. What that means is, nothing ever gets resolved. If you were to get involved with him, it's likely that little things will become bigger and bigger issues until you're just one big ball of frustrated insecurity.

Seriously. You haven't even met him and already you're all "but maybe he likes me really" when actually he's coming across a complete jerk. If he didn't want to talk to you, he could just have said, sorry I'm busy. There's no respect there.
    That's exactly what does my head in!! I've asked him point blank if he just doesn't want to talk anymore and he acts like I'm talking nonsense! But then his actions speak more loudly right...

You really think he just avoids confrontations? I have never met anyone who just ignores things like this before! It honestly makes me feel like I've imagined things sometimes...like did I forget to hit send on the message? It's so strange though because in everything else he's very inquisitive, upfront, and confident...This is driving me nuts.

I still haven't responded. Don't know what I'm going to do.

ReputationRep:
    I quite often have most of my friends blocked purely because I cba "talking" to them

i.e.
    person 1: hey
    person 2: hey
    1: how're you
    2: good, you?
    1: fine, bored
    2: me too lol
    1: so what you up to?
    2: nothing, you
    1: nothing lol.
    *awkward- internet- silence*

Still, it's weird he denied everything. Something to hide maybe? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    I quite often have most of my friends blocked purely because I cba "talking" to them

i.e.

I, and probably most people I know have done the same thing. Sometimes you just cant be bothered talking to certain people, even if you really like them. I guess I just don't really like msn that much because its such an emotionless way of communicating.

Nowadays I don't block people, I just appear offline unless someone I specifically want to talk to is online, so I can avoid any conversations that I can't really be bothered to have at that time.

If you guys talk alot, and your conversations are usually quite deep and go on for a long time, he might only want to have them when he has the time to spare and he is in a talking mood, but he still wants to use msn for practical reasons.
    He might have just denied it because its quite awkward someone finding out you blocked them, because it seems like quite a bad thing to do if you look at it from someone else's point of view

(Original post by Jelephant)

i.e.

That's what it seems like...

Well I'm still a bit pissed off so I haven't answered and I think judging from people's opinions here I'm going to play it off as if nothing happened...in a few days time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.