(Original post by lou p lou)
    and what exactly does this group do?

lou xxx
    That is what I was wondering, I seem to have missed something :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    and what exactly does this group do?

lou xxx
    it will take Uk learning to the highlest levels of commerce, justice for all, sophistication, education and give all those belonging to it a sense of identity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    That is what I was wondering, I seem to have missed something :confused:
    Can I count on your vote, Lucy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    there is one of them for a carboxylic acid...a double bond to the oxgen from the carbon atom and a single bond from the carbon atom to the hydrogen..there should be no hydroens attached to the carbon because Carboxylic acids cannot be oxidised further (unless there are special conditions)
    Yes but its not a carboylic acid. Its carbonic acid which is formed by dissolving carbon dioxide gas in water. Carbonic acid is H2CO3, which I think has 3 singly bonded oxygen atoms to the carbon, one of which has a hydrogen on it, and another hydrogen seperately single bonded to the carbon. But i can't find its structure in any of its text books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee)
    sorry, I would have voted for you if you had asked me earlier !

ReputationRep:
    if you lose Toffee you can be the the cheif spokesperson, head of the council..whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Yes but its not a carboylic acid. Its carbonic acid which is formed by dissolving carbon dioxide gas in water. Carbonic acid is H2CO3, which I think has 3 singly bonded oxygen atoms to the carbon, one of which has a hydrogen on it, and another hydrogen seperately single bonded to the carbon. But i can't find its structure in any of its text books.
    But that doesnt work!

ReputationRep:
    oh....somebody said Carboxylic

ReputationRep:
    if you lose Toffee you can be the the cheif spokesperson, head of the council..whatever
    Well I seem to be mounting a late challenge!

ReputationRep:
    If?!? There is no doubt whatsoever as to who is going to win. Toffee, I'll give you an ultimatum, you can quit without losing face and become one of the ministers or lose and be thrusted outta the party. Its your choice.

ReputationRep:
    Well I seem to be mounting a late challenge!
    Hence the recently THREE NEW MEMBERS that have joined today!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    If?!? There is no doubt whatsoever as to who is going to win. Toffee, I'll give you an ultimatum, you can quit without losing face and become one of the ministers or lose and be thrusted outta the party. Its your choice.
    I will not bow in the face of your threat.

ReputationRep:
    oh....somebody said Carboxylic
    Yeah sorry I did, but thats cos I read the formula wrong. I've found the structure - the carbon has one double bond to an oxygen, and then the other 2 oxygens are single bonded to the carbon and eaach have a hydrogen attached (making them oh groups) So in short there are 2 OH groups, and one double bonded oxygen.

So no, there is no dative covalent bonding, as the carbon has a full valency by creating the four shared electron bonds.

ReputationRep:
    I will not bow in the face of your threat.
    It wasn't a threat. Its a promise. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sorry I did, but thats cos I read the formula wrong. I've found the structure - the carbon has one double bond to an oxygen, and then the other 2 oxygens are single bonded to the carbon and eaach have a hydrogen attached (making them oh groups) So in short there are 2 OH groups, and one double bonded oxygen.

So no, there is no dative covalent bonding, as the carbon has a full valency by creating the four shared electron bonds.
    OMG! thats what i had in the first place!!!! Wooooooooo

I had just missed out one of the carbon's electrons so it wasnt working!

YESSSSSSSSSS i love you chicken....

ReputationRep:
    fight, fight, fight

ReputationRep:
    Are you voting for yourself or something?

ReputationRep:
    fight, fight, fight
    all memebers must copy my signature now

ReputationRep:
    all memebers must copy my signature now
    Oh look who has copied it first (thus proving that i am the rightful cochairman).

ReputationRep:
    OMG! thats what i had in the first place!!!! Wooooooooo

I had just missed out one of the carbon's electrons so it wasnt working!

YESSSSSSSSSS i love you chicken....
    Yeah sorry took a while to get there!!! I was thinking it was more complicated than it was (plus its late and i still have coursework to finish for tmw!).

So, in way of thanks, can i have some rep please?!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.