Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there a nice definitive list of the LC grades required by UK unis? And the ones on the UCAS website are they definitive? Some are fair ridiculous...

Also any Irish people's experiences of applying would be great, just doing some research for a friend

I don't know where there is a definitive list...

For Manchester med school, applicants with the ILC can only apply for A104 which is the 6 year MBChB course that includes a foundation year.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueRoses)
    Seriously, why?
    This could be the case for a few medical schools. The ILC allow you to do more subjects than us, but the content depth involved is only up to an AS level standard, so you would be at a disadvantage going into the medical course. The foundation year gets you up to par (and maybe above par) with the rest of your fellow medical students.

Hope that explains it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    This could be the case for a few medical schools. The ILC allow you to do more subjects than us, but the content depth involved is only up to an AS level standard, so you would be at a disadvantage going into the medical course. The foundation year gets you up to par (and maybe above par) with the rest of your fellow medical students.

Hope that explains it
    I dunno, I've seen quite a few past LC papers that my cousins have had lying around and they look far worse than ours! And you have to get 90% in almost every exam paper (out of the 7 or 8 or whatever) to get into medicine. I'm pretty sure that alone should make it equatable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueRoses)
    I dunno, I've seen quite a few past LC papers that my cousins have had lying around and they look far worse than ours! And you have to get 90% in almost every exam paper (out of the 7 or 8 or whatever) to get into medicine. I'm pretty sure that alone should make it equatable.
    Content wise, they are only up to our AS level, they have not covered the full depth. I only live up in Northern Ireland and have cousins that do the LC's. I know they need 90% in each, which is almost harder as they have to do english etc, but as they dont cover the full content they need to they are required to do a foundation course

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.