Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've got rejected by a guy for looks. Noone wants me. I've never had a boyfriend or even come close.
    What, one guy turned you down and you think that it's all over for you? Are you at uni? If not, you'll meet loads of new people at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Advice for finding love: don't look for it.

Be open, be witty, be funny- be yourself and friendly to everyone.

Forget this guy. Enjoy being single and having fun with your friends.

(Original post by MO-M-G)
    I'm really glad that you havent become dillusional enough to think that if you keep up the fake msn account conversations than if you meet.. he'll love your personality and wont care that you've lied to him.At the end of the day, despite how "ugly" you are, you've been lying to him and if you do own up to it he'll really easily use that to reject you.
    So its a fail-fail situation.

I know some god awful people, and they find.. well, they find sex if not love. So, theres hope for you yet.

I'm so fed up of the amount of people with low self esteem on here. Maybe they spend too much time on the internet?

Of course i know we can't meet. I just like the affection and that

Totally different when i talk to him on MSN on my real account. Lucky if i get a response even.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    There's no such thing as ugly, just degrees of attractiveness. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that. Forget about him, he sounds awful :sadnod:
    Seriously agree with this tbh and I'm a male!

ReputationRep:
    Some fat/ugly girls have incredible presence and are attractive. I meet them and I literally have no idea why Im attracted to them. It's cos they have a brilliant, strong personality. They have charisma. Work on that and you'll get a high quality guy.

You think Dawn French never got laid?

ReputationRep:
    Of course i know we can't meet. I just like the affection and that

Totally different when i talk to him on MSN on my real account. Lucky if i get a response even.
    If its as bad as you say it is then work hard and save up for cosmetic surgery. It would take a long time but would be worth it in the end to get your confidence up. Or a less drastic approach would be to join a gym and get a trainer to sort you out a program to improve your figure. Try getting advice from other girls on make-up and just eat well and drink lots of water, really improves your complexion.

ReputationRep:
    The guys a prick! Don't waste your time/love on him if he acts like that. You'll find someone a lot better than him.
    If you can accept how you look and deal with it then he should respect you for that.

ReputationRep:
    Like someone says, just put a plastic bag on your head and tape it around your neck. Solution to all your problems.

ReputationRep:
    The best thing to do is to try acting confident even if you're not. Try doing things like getting your hair done, a new outfit and all that. Focus on yourself first and on having fun. The right guy will come along and think you're gorgeous! Forget about that other guy because he's a jerk.

ReputationRep:
    oh well, there is sh!t all u can do OP
    If ur Ugly tough sh!t, u either live with it, or NOT live with it.

your call.

i find it well sick and twisted that u made a FAKE msn and u fooled him into talking to you.
    such girls make me wanna puke, he better not change the way he look at you.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a little odd that you had to make a fake account. Maybe you could be misinterpreting him. Does he really look at you like you're ****? or does he just show no interest at all? That said, I suppose he could have the common courtesy to respond to you with small talk with you.
    I guess, just move on OP.

ReputationRep:
    Some comments on here are so mean. Dont listen to them OP

And if the guy doesnt want to talk to you then maybe you should move on. If he's that shallow what makes you think you'll be happy if a relationship eith him ever happens? Find decent guy you has some respect for you. Its not that you dont deserve this guy who you're after, its that he doesnt deserve you

Also, how come he talks to you properly on this fake account of yours? maybe you just come across as more confident and thats why?

And EVERYONE has something about them that makes them attractive. You just need to have more confidence in yourself. And when the right guy comes along you wont need to change ourself for him.
    Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    1) Firstly the fact that you made this weird fake MSN account is totally messed up. If someone did that to me, I'd switch! You're messing with someone's head and it's kinda sick.

2) Secondly, do things to make yourself feel better. join a gym or start a diet.

3) Forget about him. He's not into you and maybe join a dating site or something. Upload a REAL picture of you and be descriptive in the 'About Me' section. You might meet someone. Unfortunately in real life people only end up with people who are in the same league as them in terms of attractiveness. Stop feeling so down. It's unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukukiwaiyi)
    horses for courses I'm afraid :/

good looking guys go with good looking girls, not so good looking guys go with not so good looking girls. Simple as that, unless you're in the movies, and of course the odd very few exceptions
    Not true, I know one girl that I am REALLY into. She is dating a bloody ugly guy.

ReputationRep:
    IM SO UPSET.

I have always believed that i'm ugly but i think i have improved over the last few years. But there's this guy i really like We have come into contact on occasions.

Im going to be honest... i have made a fake MSN account and added him on it with a fake picture and that and he said he really likes my personality..

Fast forward to college times... He looks at me like im a piece of ****. He looks like he never wants to actually talk to me and always ignores me on MSN. His excuse is that he doesn't know me really and thinks i'm shy. But he never even wants to try. I don't know how to speak confidently to him when he always looks at me like im ****. Actually no, i'm lucky if he actually gives me eye contact.

I've tried losing weight to make me more confident and it kind of worked. I'm still short and built like a house though. Just have no motivation anymore as i believe theres no point and in the end, i'll still be ugly.

You sound a bit mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    If you're ugly, the you're ugly. Just accept it.
    This.

Being ugly is not a bad thing. I enjoy it.

(Original post by wickendale)
    Advice for finding love: don't look for it.

Be open, be witty, be funny- be yourself and friendly to everyone.

Forget this guy. Enjoy being single and having fun with your friends.

Um i have no friends.

(Original post by She_said)
    1) Firstly the fact that you made this weird fake MSN account is totally messed up. If someone did that to me, I'd switch! You're messing with someone's head and it's kinda sick.
    2) Secondly, do things to make yourself feel better. join a gym or start a diet.

3) Forget about him. He's not into you and maybe join a dating site or something. Upload a REAL picture of you and be descriptive in the 'About Me' section. You might meet someone. Unfortunately in real life people only end up with people who are in the same league as them in terms of attractiveness. Stop feeling so down. It's unattractive.
    He deserves it. They way he looks at me is so horrible and it hurts me so much inside.

I have joined a gym, i've lost over a stone. Still makes **** all difference.

ReputationRep:
    He deserves it. They way he looks at me is so horrible and it hurts me so much inside.

I have joined a gym, i've lost over a stone. Still makes **** all difference.
    Aw my love I know you're hurting but he doesn't deserve it if he is just not attracted to someone. he knew you thought that he'd be even more freaked out.

Listen well done for losing a stone! Please don't be so hung up on your appearance. Do things to make you feel good about yourself. I know you don't want to hear this, but he will never change his mind about you. And you should accept that as the worst case scenario and forget. Stop talking to him with this fake account for a start!! Because it will mess your head up too.

Like I said, try a dating site (with a real picture!) Or just focus on yourself. It sounds terribly cliche, but if you don't love yourself, you can't expect anyone to love you. Work on building your confidence. Looks aren't the be all and end all of everything.

ReputationRep:
    He will never like you, but you can do better, he sounds like a total idiot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.