Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him on the fake account and tell him who you really are, he might like your personality after all.

ReputationRep:
    P.s. You say you have no friends. Are you at uni? You'll meet a TON of people at uni.

If you ARE at uni, go to the Fresher's fair, sign up for different societies. I mean, I myself randomly went along to the bowling club and book club. I met one of my best friends at a performing arts meeting. You know, confidence is the key here. Try to build on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    Talk to him on the fake account and tell him who you really are, he might like your personality after all.
    Nonononono, surely not. If he is THAT horrible to her and hesitant to get to know her because of her looks he will certainly not give a damn that the awesome girl he thought he was talking to is her. He'll probably feel betrayed and angry. And when you're attracted to someone it's a combination of looks and personality.

Delete that fake MSN account, OP please. Get him out of your head. No hope is better than false hope.

ReputationRep:
    you'll be alright, micheal jackson was ugly, look how he turned out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    God, people are so insensitve. :facepalm:

OP:

1) Stop chasing the guy, you deserve better.
    2) You need some self confidence - work on it.
    3) Accept who you are.
    I wouldnt be so quick to draw conclusions if I were you. She did trick him into talking to her, thus betraying any trust which he had. Like-wise we dont know this guy or have nearly enough information about him to make any kind of assessment about him.

As for the OP, when you say losing weight you need to make sure your doing it effectively. Try again but this time use weight training AND cardio, find your BMR and eat above that. Lose it properly and there will be a massive difference!

Self confidence and how you hold yourself (and body language in general) make a big difference to how attractive you are aswell. Stand tall, shoulders back but with open body language. The rest of it, well, you sound like you have problems rooted a bit further into your psyche than we can help with. Might be worth getting some help with it?

ReputationRep:
    who cares what others think, its how YOU feel, dont let others get you down. the guys obviously not worth it... move on!

ReputationRep:
    what do you like about him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    I wouldnt be so quick to draw conclusions if I were you.
    Hmm, I did only glance through tbh but if someone ignores you then it's probably best to move on. So, I still stick by 'stop chasing him' although, yes, I don't know what the OP 'deserves'.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you've posted quite a few threads about this!
    If it is you, stop obsessing - he's not worth it.
    If you really are as ugly as you think, take comfort in the fact that there are a LOT of "ugly" people in the world in relationships.
    And when it all comes down to it, personality is just as important so be motivated to carry on being a nice person.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I did only glance through tbh but if someone ignores you then it's probably best to move on. So, I still stick by 'stop chasing him' although, yes, I don't know what the OP 'deserves'.
    That sounds fair enough to me! Though I would go with the whole 'stop chasing him' mentality, even if hes attractive are you so sure that you 2 would work together in a relationship? (Dont get girl eyes here and refute any problems with him)

As your MSN-alter-ego, ask him what he thinks of you. Then tell him you know you, and think you're a nice person.

ReputationRep:
    God, people are so insensitve. :facepalm:

OP:

1) Stop chasing the guy, you deserve better.
    2) You need some self confidence - work on it.
    3) Accept who you are.
    This.

(Original post by Tootles)
    As your MSN-alter-ego, ask him what he thinks of you. Then tell him you know you, and think you're a nice person.

No cause he thinks i'm sort of a fake anyway but that's a whole different story. He doesn't actually know who i really am. Just look suspicious.

ReputationRep:
    The guys probably a total tosser. Poor paint thinner on his car and **** some faeces through his window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    I'm really glad that you havent become dillusional enough to think that if you keep up the fake msn account conversations than if you meet.. he'll love your personality and wont care that you've lied to him.
    At the end of the day, despite how "ugly" you are, you've been lying to him and if you do own up to it he'll really easily use that to reject you.
    So its a fail-fail situation.

I know some god awful people, and they find.. well, they find sex if not love. So, theres hope for you yet.

I'm so fed up of the amount of people with low self esteem on here. Maybe they spend too much time on the internet?

I hear ya mehn..its kinda stupid.
    But, I suppose the fact that this IS a student forum..people can use it to express their feelings without being caught...just shows how much depressed people there are out there..

Hey, if you think you're ugly, then you're ugly. If you think you're pretty, then you're pretty..all about the mind.
    Also, all this, over ONE guy..the funny thing is...he actually hasnt said you're ugly..so, it means there is still some hope..but you seem to think you have failed already....before you even think about the guy..sort yourself out and then your newly sorted out self will attract people

(Original post by jakemittle)
    I hear ya mehn..its kinda stupid.
    But, I suppose the fact that this IS a student forum..people can use it to express their feelings without being caught...just shows how much depressed people there are out there..

Hey, if you think you're ugly, then you're ugly. If you think you're pretty, then you're pretty..all about the mind.
    Also, all this, over ONE guy..the funny thing is...he actually hasnt said you're ugly..so, it means there is still some hope..but you seem to think you have failed already....before you even think about the guy..sort yourself out and then your newly sorted out self will attract people
    I know. I was thinking of asking him straight seeing as he ignored me on MSN again earlier.

How about, "Hey erm this is a quick question but i really wanna know why you always give me these disgusting, hateful looks when you see me...do you think i'm ugly???" xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know. I was thinking of asking him straight seeing as he ignored me on MSN again earlier.

How about, "Hey erm this is a quick question but i really wanna know why you always give me these disgusting, hateful looks when you see me...do you think i'm ugly???" xx
    No.

Do you try and talk to him everyday on MSN?..if you do, that can get annoying...if you look at him everyday at school..he might suss that maybe you might be the one talking to him on MSN..if thats the case, then its natural to look at the person like..like that hell?
    Also, if you look at him everyday, this can mean that you're interested...if thats so and he hasnt responded then he is not interested in you..and you will need to get over it.

Lastly, Why would you ask him if he thinks you're ugly when you, yourself, think you're ugly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    IM SO UPSET.

I have always believed that i'm ugly but i think i have improved over the last few years. But there's this guy i really like We have come into contact on occasions.

Im going to be honest... i have made a fake MSN account and added him on it with a fake picture and that and he said he really likes my personality..

Fast forward to college times... He looks at me like im a piece of ****. He looks like he never wants to actually talk to me and always ignores me on MSN. His excuse is that he doesn't know me really and thinks i'm shy. But he never even wants to try. I don't know how to speak confidently to him when he always looks at me like im ****. Actually no, i'm lucky if he actually gives me eye contact.

I've tried losing weight to make me more confident and it kind of worked. I'm still short and built like a house though. Just have no motivation anymore as i believe theres no point and in the end, i'll still be ugly.

So you like this guy but you've never talked much, had eye contact etc and he's not been nice to you. SO his personality isn't very attractive which leads me to believe you must fancy him cause of the way he looks... shallow much?

why do you care about him so much? he's a jerk. and you don't deserve better cause you're wallowing in self pity and I can't see how thats helping. Plenty more fish in the sea.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes people are just not into you and you know what that doesn't make them bad people. He doesn't find you attractive so pick yourself up and move on. There is nothing worse then a miserable cow with no confidence...

ReputationRep:
    work on your confidence, then go and search for a guy worth your time

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.