Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know. I was thinking of asking him straight seeing as he ignored me on MSN again earlier.

How about, "Hey erm this is a quick question but i really wanna know why you always give me these disgusting, hateful looks when you see me...do you think i'm ugly???" xx
    Did you ever mention how you know him?
    Are you friends or do you just know him at work/college/uni etc?

Dont say this to him;

1. He may not realise he's looking at you this way, he may not intentionally be looking at you this way and it just makes you sound paranoid and obsessive.

2. What response are you looking for?
    If hes an absolute toss than he'll say you are ugly and you repulse him.
    If he's a human being he'll think you're looking for compliments.

I think, get the message, move on.
    Concentrate on yourself rather than seek affection/attention/confirmation of your own self worth from overs, particularly guys like this who are obviously not worth your time, and are not the type of person who will ever make you feel good about yourself.

ReputationRep:
    give us a photo

ReputationRep:
    why is everyone having a go at the guy saying he's shallow. We don't even know him. From what I hear OP is incredibly shy. If your like that noone will talk to you. I bet you everyone loos at you like that it's just the fact that you like the boy, you are trying to fault him for not liking you.
    With the fake account and everything., you sound mental at best.
    Go to a doctor ASAP, some serious issues...

(Original post by jakemittle)
    No.

Do you try and talk to him everyday on MSN?..if you do, that can get annoying...if you look at him everyday at school..he might suss that maybe you might be the one talking to him on MSN..if thats the case, then its natural to look at the person like..like that hell?
    Also, if you look at him everyday, this can mean that you're interested...if thats so and he hasnt responded then he is not interested in you..and you will need to get over it.

Lastly, Why would you ask him if he thinks you're ugly when you, yourself, think you're ugly?

I hardly ever talk to him on MSN...today must be the first time in about a week and a half. And at college, well i sometimes say Hi... sometimes he says it to and gives some weird response like "Positive reactions" when i reply then walks off.

ReputationRep:
    get away from him for a start...you need some self confidence and everything else will follow...screw the insensitive people posting stupid replies...

ReputationRep:
    I hardly ever talk to him on MSN...today must be the first time in about a week and a half. And at college, well i sometimes say Hi... sometimes he says it to and gives some weird response like "Positive reactions" when i reply then walks off.
    Yeah, you're completely into this guy...you need a break..seriously.
    Besides, if you really want him, you should sort yourself out. Then you'd be more attractive to him

ReputationRep:
    IM SO UPSET.

I have always believed that i'm ugly but i think i have improved over the last few years. But there's this guy i really like We have come into contact on occasions.

Im going to be honest... i have made a fake MSN account and added him on it with a fake picture and that and he said he really likes my personality..

Fast forward to college times... He looks at me like im a piece of ****. He looks like he never wants to actually talk to me and always ignores me on MSN. His excuse is that he doesn't know me really and thinks i'm shy. But he never even wants to try. I don't know how to speak confidently to him when he always looks at me like im ****. Actually no, i'm lucky if he actually gives me eye contact.

I've tried losing weight to make me more confident and it kind of worked. I'm still short and built like a house though. Just have no motivation anymore as i believe theres no point and in the end, i'll still be ugly.

How can you be so hung up on a guy who's so superficial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    How can you be so hung up on a guy who's so superficial?
    He's not superficial if he's not attracted to her, that's not fair.

OP, he's not into you. If a guy is really really into you he will call when he can, think of you all the time, he will chase YOU. Get over it, geesh, forget men right now, work on your confidence.Also, no one's actually asked, but would you say he's a lot more attractive than you or in the same league? Because if you think he's a lot more attractive, no offence, but he may not like you back. It's just the way it is.

Go for someone in your own league. I know that most of my average looking friends find it really easy to meet people and get into relationships, whereas my very attractive friends find it really hard...I mean, that's just what I find personally. It's not superficial if you're not attracted to someone.

Also, how about you try talking to him on your fake MSN account and ask him if he would still like 'you' if you weren't very pretty. See what he says. However if I were you I'd delete that damn account. It's deceitful

ReputationRep:
    The guy says he likes your personality because the person in the picture is attractive. We are men and you should expect this of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She_said)

Go for someone in your own league. I know that most of my average looking friends find it really easy to meet people and get into relationships, whereas my very attractive friends find it really hard...I mean, that's just what I find personally. It's not superficial if you're not attracted to someone.

Also, how about you try talking to him on your fake MSN account and ask him if he would still like 'you' if you weren't very pretty. See what he says. However if I were you I'd delete that damn account. It's deceitful
    He is a guy, he will say that he would find her attractive if she asked that. But in reality he wouldn't.

Would you say you are good looking?

ReputationRep:
    Im going to be honest... i have made a fake MSN account and added him on it with a fake picture and that and he said he really likes my personality..
    I very much doubt he likes your fake person for there personallity but you probablly guessed that anyway.

I dont know what you look like so i cant say your fine as you are and that you aint fat but if you felt confident enough to show me a photo i would give a honest opinion, feel free to PM me about that

Either way this guy sounds like a total **** anyway you seem like a sweet genuine girl, not everyone will judge you as shallow as he seems to.

I personally like quite shy girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    He is a guy, he will say that he would find her attractive if she asked that. But in reality he wouldn't.

Would you say you are good looking?
    He might say, 'well I think looks are important, I have to be physically attracted to a girl as well as like her personality.' But I see your point...I think OP needs to DELETE that MSN account! Y'hear me OP? Don't dwell over him anymore.

That's a random question to ask me....Some days I feel like I'm alright looking, I've modelled, I've been told I'm pretty. So I guess I do think I'm alright...but then some days I'm not completely confident about how I look, you know, but I know I don't ever get hung up on people who aren't that into me, it's not worth it. If someone thinks I'm ugly then whatever! For every person who thinks I'm ugly, there will be someone who thinks I'm not. Wasting time on someone who isn't attracted to me (which is fair enough) is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    The guy says he likes your personality because the person in the picture is attractive. We are men and you should expect this of us.
    Troo dat. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If you're not right for him, he's not right for you.
    Get some confidence!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    If you're ugly, then you're ugly. Just accept it.
    Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    yeh tbh this guy sounds like an ******** if he's that superficial. and looks are only important for inital attraction like spotting sumone from accross a room or summin , jus talk to people in a confident way and you won't have a problem with attracting guys

ReputationRep:
    He's not superficial if he's not attracted to her, that's not fair.

He is superficial if he won't even give her the tme of day based on her looks.

ReputationRep:
    He might say, 'well I think looks are important, I have to be physically attracted to a girl as well as like her personality.' But I see your point...I think OP needs to DELETE that MSN account! Y'hear me OP? Don't dwell over him anymore.

That's a random question to ask me....Some days I feel like I'm alright looking, I've modelled, I've been told I'm pretty. So I guess I do think I'm alright...but then some days I'm not completely confident about how I look, you know, but I know I don't ever get hung up on people who aren't that into me, it's not worth it. If someone thinks I'm ugly then whatever! For every person who thinks I'm ugly, there will be someone who thinks I'm not. Wasting time on someone who isn't attracted to me (which is fair enough) is pointless.
    Checked your profile picture.. nice :ninja:

And yeah you are right it's not worth it, as they say, there are plenty more fish in the sea. If this guy won't like you then find someone who will. No one should be made to feel ugly, there is someone for everyone..

What race are you btw? Out of interest.

ReputationRep:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eaeTtZ4TXl...talkers_sm.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist with the whole fake MSN going on.

I think you kind of need to get over it, he doesn't like you, he likes the fake person. There could be someone that likes you but you're just lusting after some bloke that just doesn't like you back.

Read; HUGE: Welcome to fat camp

srsly, it's like a story of your situation (kind of). And it's a good book ^_^

Oh yeah, the "Positive reactions" thing, he's probably talking about Science to his mate for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevie0444)
    Your not that ugly
    Hahaha! Least comforting post ever?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.