Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh. My. God. Less than a month 'til results day now. And I'm going to be busy for a lot of the next few weeks leading up to it. :eek:

Eeeeeeek :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I don't understand politics in the slightest...
    it's ok :console:

just as you read up when you vote.

though the info out there is just :rolleyes: unless you do your research..

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand politics either. I only know a few things about it and I know who I WOULDN'T vote for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Have you sat your A-levels?

I actually sat my UKCAT in July before getting my AS results... I may have been a little optimistic.
    Yes, I have sat them , just waiting for final result. The problem is, my grades were never 100% certain, always hesitatign between A and B
    Wait, don't you have to sit UKCAT the year you apply to uni? and you applied before your AS results?
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Book and pay for a test after results day now, then cancel it if your results aren't what you wanted.
    Can you do that? I will try in any case...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I believe so, but check before hand to make sure there's the possibility of a refund.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Oh. My. God. Less than a month 'til results day now. And I'm going to be busy for a lot of the next few weeks leading up to it. :eek:

Eeeeeeek :woo:
    The results day is my worst nightmare, I feel physically sick just thinking about it :sick:
    The funny thing is that I can feel that answer or result is negative the minute before I read it, not bthat its any help

ReputationRep:
    I believe so, but check before hand to make sure there's the possibility of a refund.
    There is a possibility of a refund only if you refund it 24 hours before the exam (I think).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    On a different note, where is Alex L these days?

ReputationRep:
    There is a possibility of a refund only if you refund it 24 hours before the exam (I think).
    Plenty of time to decide then, if say it was booked for the 28th or around-abouts.

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of time to decide then, if say it was booked for the 28th or around-abouts.
    So, I can book for 30th of August, get my results on 29th and cancel if my results are not up to scratch :smile:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have sat them , just waiting for final result. The problem is, my grades were never 100% certain, always hesitatign between A and B
    Wait, don't you have to sit UKCAT the year you apply to uni? and you applied before your AS results?

I def sat it waiting for my AS results I applyed for Medicine knowing my UKCAT score etc, I thought that was what you're supposed to do?? Barely anyone's grades are certain so I say go for it You might do fantastically well! Are you applying to medicine this october? I know we've chatted about this before but my memory is craaap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    On a different note, where is Alex L these days?

Asclepiplatipus you mean? :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    So, I can book for 30th of August, get my results on 29th and cancel if my results are not up to scratch
    Technically, but it'd probably be best to do it before that. Look up the terms and conditions now though because I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I really like Meatloaf :dance:

ReputationRep:
    i am like zomg. :p:

i work tomorrow, then im free in the weekend. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I love how I got serious replies about chocolate fudge cake.

(Original post by FFCrusader)
    :rofl2:

I don't think I've read the words "chocolate fudge cake" so many times in one paragrapht before :p:

But still :coma:

Things I like: Tis :coma: and chocolately :teeth:

Negative: Make me feel ill if I eat too much :sad:

I don't think I've ever had home made :eek: I don't know anyone who makes them :sad:

It's been ages since my lasts chocolate fudge cake :bawling:

hmm when I next come across some I'll have to have some :teeth:

I think I now have chocolate fudge cake burned into my mind....

Same questions to you :awesome:
    I was aiming for some sort of record. :p:

Hmmm.... let me see....

Dislikes: Eating too much can make you so fat you generate your own gravity, which can be awkward.

Preference: Likewise, I have never had homemade chocolate fudge cake. Any generic store bought cake tastes pretty sensational, however.

Last eating: At Oxford, weirdly. In the evening, everyone was being boring and talking about obscure academic crap. Now, if I've just had a grueling interview, the last thing I want to do is some academia-related penis measuring. So I thought I'd divert the conversation ingeniously onto chocolate fudge cake, using much the same rhetoric as this occasion (it's become something of a standard for me to use as a new topic :p:). This got a lot of people onto the wondrous subject, and at half past eleven at night when I should probably have been sleeping (I had an interview meeting at 8.45 the next morning) I was roaming the streets of Oxford looking for the confectionary equivalent of the holy grail, chocolate fudge cake. And I found some. :king1:

Next Eating: Hopefully soon. I can only hope...

Anyhow, it seemed to manage to diffuse the situation. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    The Wetherspoons pub chain have, to date, produced the best chocolate fudge cake I've eaten. The sweet cake drowning in hot chocolate sauce accompanied with vanilla ice cream :coma: Supermarket chocolate fudge cake varies massively: from the rather dry Sainsbury's offering to the over-sweet Tesco's finest concoction.

Btw is the fact you mentioned chocolate fudge cake seven times significant at all? :holmes:
    I just wanted to see how many times it was possible to put the words chocolate fudge cake in a paragraph without making it forced. :p:

I can't say I have tried the Wetherspoons variety, as they always seem a bit crap whenever I see one. However, you are right in that dryness is the number one enemy of chocolate fudge cake. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Asclepiplatipus you mean? :iiam:
    That's the fella :yep: Knew it was something like that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Anyhow, it seemed to manage to diffuse the situation. :beard:
    :top: certainly did, thanks

You seem very different since you changed your picture, you even type differently :ninja: :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.