Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)

By the way, would you all join a chocolate fudge cake society? I think you need 5 members to make something a proper society, and then we could have proper discussions! And a little message underneath our postcounts proudly displaying our love for chocolate fudge cake!
    I'm in :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    It really annoys me that non of the really "fashionable" stuff suits my shape. I'm more the fitted pencil skirt, shirt and stilettos kinda fashion (if I could be arsed).
    What you described is a classical style and it never really goes out of fashion :p: Maybe because all execs,bankers, etc wear it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    One word- guillotine Actually, I like the concept, but I think you need competition
    :eek: How barbaric!

And are you suggesting other leaders should align themselves with other cakes, like the victoria sponge or the cake of cheese? But how could such clearly inferior cakes ever hope to rival my superiority?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, thanks. :hugs:

If I am so inclined, I shall trundle to the shops and buy the required things. I shall then bake the cake, and post a picture on here, and you shall all tell me it looks sublime - or else I shall cry. :puppyeyes:

By the way, would you all join a chocolate fudge cake society? I think you need 5 members to make something a proper society, and then we could have proper discussions! And a little message underneath our postcounts proudly displaying our love for chocolate fudge cake!
    Count me in, I'd be in the very small part of the society going for non-heated chocolate fudge cake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Count me in, I'd be in the very small part of the society going for non-heated chocolate fudge cake.
    And i'd be in the very small part of the society going for chocolate fudge cake with Cornish clotted cream :woo: (unless Lemon agrees :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I presume you mean eating cake with a fork - I hate picking it up with my fingers :sadnod:
    :lolwut:

How could you possibly eat cake with out using fingers? That is just crazy, even with cutlery the temptation to pick up a nice slab of chocolatey greatness, if only to expedite the rate at which the cake is eaten, is just too much.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: How barbaric!

And are you suggesting other leaders should align themselves with other cakes, like the victoria sponge or the cake of cheese? But how could such clearly inferior cakes ever hope to rival my superiority?
    How dare you suggest that Black Forest Gateau is inferior to Chocolate Fudge Cake??? Cake Democracy for the forum!!!

ReputationRep:
    And i'd be in the very small part of the society going for chocolate fudge cake with Cornish clotted cream :woo: (unless Lemon agrees :p:)
    Would it be heated with clotted cream or non-heated with clotted cream?

ReputationRep:
    I love how I got serious replies about chocolate fudge cake.

I was aiming for some sort of record. :p:

Hmmm.... let me see....

Dislikes: Eating too much can make you so fat you generate your own gravity, which can be awkward.

Preference: Likewise, I have never had homemade chocolate fudge cake. Any generic store bought cake tastes pretty sensational, however.

Last eating: At Oxford, weirdly. In the evening, everyone was being boring and talking about obscure academic crap. Now, if I've just had a grueling interview, the last thing I want to do is some academia-related penis measuring. So I thought I'd divert the conversation ingeniously onto chocolate fudge cake, using much the same rhetoric as this occasion (it's become something of a standard for me to use as a new topic :p:). This got a lot of people onto the wondrous subject, and at half past eleven at night when I should probably have been sleeping (I had an interview meeting at 8.45 the next morning) I was roaming the streets of Oxford looking for the confectionary equivalent of the holy grail, chocolate fudge cake. And I found some. :king1:

Next Eating: Hopefully soon. I can only hope...

Anyhow, it seemed to manage to diffuse the situation. :beard:
    You can't not be serious when it comes to chocolate fudge cake :awesome:

I'm not going to ever say the chocolate fudge cake thing in real life, unless I want people laughing at me. "Chocolate fudge ceeerk". The name Cakeface will not die :p:
    :laugh:

Should I ever meet you in real life (and the chance seems quite likely as we'll be in London for a few years) I'll have to try to make you say cake :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Epic, three members. I shall maybe consider making this tomorrow, at which point the humble chocolate fudge cake shall truly step into legend.

ReputationRep:
    Would it be heated with clotted cream or non-heated with clotted cream?
    non-heated - who wants warm cake? that's just stupid :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Should I ever meet you in real life (and the chance seems quite likely as we'll be in London for a few years) I'll have to try to make you say cake :teeth:
    It's likely that you'll hear it anyway, sometimes, Cerk and words with similar sounds has to come up in converseertion.

ReputationRep:
    Epic, three members. I shall maybe consider making this tomorrow, at which point the chocolate fudge cake shall truly step into legend.
    So am I allowed to join despite a preference to using a fork?

ReputationRep:
    non-heated - who wants warm cake? that's just stupid :p:
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Why non heated?!

Heres you guys talking about choc fudge cake and I'm researching healthy recipes for uni this year... I wish I could live on cake and not be fat!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Why non heated?!

Heres you guys talking about choc fudge cake and I'm researching healthy recipes for uni this year... I wish I could live on cake and not be fat!!
    If something's hot and sweet, it seems sweeter to me, and a bit sickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    How dare you suggest that Black Forest Gateau is inferior to Chocolate Fudge Cake??? Cake Democracy for the forum!!!
    My good lady, I am not suggesting. I am stating. It is a fact as incontrovertible as the fact that the sun is pushed across the sky by a dung beetle, that a fedora would make me look dashing and distinguished, and that Lost is the greatest TV show to ever grace our screens.

And with that, I fear I must depart. The Tequila is making me a bit sleepy, and I don't want to end up doing something silly. Although at this stage of my jolliness I am quite impressed that I can cogently use words such as incontrovertible and distinguished. And cogently. :teeth:

Cheerio, everybody. Until the next time. And keep the cake alive! So long as the chocolate fudge cake is burning strongly in our minds, and in our hearts, in all of our hearts, it cannot be destroyed. No amount of propaganda, false lies and fear tactics will ever be a substitute for the bliss that is experienced when the first mouthful of chocolate fudge cake slips down your neck. And do not forget that.

Fight the good fight. And in the end, there will be cake. (kudos to anyone who can tell me what that last line is a flagrant rip-off of.)

ReputationRep:
    My good lady, I am not suggesting. I am stating. It is a fact as incontrovertible as the fact that the sun is pushed across the sky by a dung beetle, that a fedora would make me look dashing and distinguished, and that Lost is the greatest TV show to ever grace our screens.

And with that, I fear I must depart. The Tequila is making me a bit sleepy, and I don't want to end up doing something silly. Although at this stage of my jolliness I am quite impressed that I can cogently use words such as incontrovertible and distinguished. And cogently. :teeth:

Cheerio, everybody. Until the next time. And keep the cake alive! So long as the chocolate fudge cake is burning strongly in our minds, and in our hearts, in all of our hearts, it cannot be destroyed. No amount of propaganda, false lies and fear tactics will ever be a substitute for the bliss that is experienced when the first mouthful of chocolate fudge cake slips down your neck. And do not forget that.

Fight the good fight. And in the end, there will be cake. (kudos to anyone who can tell me what that is a flagrant rip-off of.)
    HAHAHAHA.

ReputationRep:
    It's likely that you'll hear it anyway, sometimes, Cerk and words with similar sounds has to come up in converseertion.
    This is true...it shall be fun pointing this stuff out :p:

ReputationRep:

Fight the good fight. And in the end, there will be cake. (kudos to anyone who can tell me what that last line is a flagrant rip-off of.)
    That is, that show is simply awesome ******* wowsome! Season 1 = awesome and great for non-sci fi people. The rest of the seasons = awessssomme.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.