Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Tallness is overrated. I enjoy my height - new people never expect you to be dastardly (Best. Word. Ever! :awesome:), and tall people are less likely to beat you up for taking the mick out of them.
    This is true :p:

Though is is quite easy to get crushed in large crowds :sad:

(Original post by jonnyofengland)
    When you die I also have dibs on your obituary. :beard:
    :teeth:

If you say so :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah and best of luck Kate

:wizard:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck kate!

Just back from work. Town was fully of chuggers :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Good luck kate!

Just back from work. Town was fully of chuggers :grumble:
    Chuggers? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Chuggers? :confused:
    chugger = charity muggers

People who are paid to raise money for a given charity and are very insistent on it as most are paid some sort of commission basis.

Fortunately I managed to avoid talking to them by scowling at them :p:

ReputationRep:

People who are paid to raise money for a given charity and are very insistent on it as most are paid some sort of commission basis.

I always end up in their clutches, giving some money because they are so insistent. But on the other hand I feel good about giving money to charity, although I prefer to give it without harrasment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I always end up in their clutches, giving some money because they are so insistent. But on the other hand I feel good about giving money to charity, although I prefer to give it without harrasment
    If I give money to charity it will be on my terms, not because someone is trying to force me.

ReputationRep:

I got cornered by one on the last day of my exams. This being my first time in the city centre in about two months, I was coming down after spending the before mentioned two months constantly working about 16 hours a day, not eating properly and no sunlight. So when he came up to me I just kind of shrugged and decided to have a nice wee chat. We walked all the way down one big long street in Glasgow with him asking me questions. The gist of it going "I'm so so tired. I'm a medic. I'm contributed to poverty by being a future doctor, please take pity and leave me to die in a corner"

He did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I got cornered by one on the last day of my exams. This being my first time in the city centre in about two months, I was coming down after spending the before mentioned two months constantly working about 16 hours a day, not eating properly and no sunlight. So when he came up to me I just kind of shrugged and decided to have a nice wee chat. We walked all the way down one big long street in Glasgow with him asking me questions. The gist of it going "I'm so so tired. I'm a medic. I'm contributed to poverty by being a future doctor, please take pity and leave me to die in a corner"

He did
    :rofl: nicely done.

I was chased by a christian one across the piazza once I said I was atheist

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo new car :awesome: (although technically it's my mum's :ahee:). It is slightly pathetic I felt a bit sad as we left the old car :emo:?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: nicely done.

I was chased by a christian one across the piazza once I said I was atheist
    I really was pathetic though lol The black circles round my eyes are just about gone but mmmaaan I WAS shattered!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Woohoo new car :awesome: (although technically it's my mum's :ahee:). It is slightly pathetic I felt a bit sad as we left the old car :whistle:
    I wish I could drive a car :p: My aunt learned to drive in 10 lessons, clever woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I really was pathetic though lol The black circles round my eyes are just about gone but mmmaaan I WAS shattered!
    lol I can imagine :p:

A thread I as having fun in has been banned :sad:
    The working class-o-phobia one, I was having such fun baiting the OP :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I was shattered on my last exam - 2.5 hours of English, in the end I just wanted to go to sleep

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could drive a car :p: My aunt learned to drive in 10 lessons, clever woman
    It is fun And that's pretty impressive, for a woman.... :p:

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: naughty :p:

My brother has alot of pressure on him wrt driving. Everyone in our family who has learnt to drive in the UK has passed first time, right back until a test didn't exist!

Lets hope he gets it right :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, she was given few tutorials by my granddad and her ex-husband, but because it always ended in them shouting at her she hired an instructor :p: So I don't think she had much of prep
    what is your new car like?

ReputationRep:
    I was shattered on my last exam - 2.5 hours of English, in the end I just wanted to go to sleep
    I remember doing a similar english exam with sunburn down my left arm, I also managed to sit in the one spot of sunlight in the room so I was roasted.

On the medic exam day strangely, I got home at about 2am, managed to get up at 5am, down for a coffee by 6am and I wasn't the only one milling around! Medics are just so much more diehard than what I'm used to!

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: naughty :p:

My brother has alot of pressure on him wrt driving. Everyone in our family who has learnt to drive in the UK has passed first time, right back until a test didn't exist!

Lets hope he gets it right :p:
    Haha, I'd best be careful in case Subcutaneous finds the thread and leads a witch hunt :mob: :p: That's some good driving genes in the family, make sure he knows he's the weak link (if he doesn't pass first time )

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'd best be careful in case Subcutaneous finds the thread and leads a witch hunt :p: That's some good driving genes in the family, make sure he knows he's the weak link (if he doesn't pass first time )
    That might be a little mean. I will probably still do it :p:

though he will get less flak than a friend who failed the theory :rofl:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.