Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Tallness is overrated. I enjoy my height - new people never expect you to be dastardly (Best. Word. Ever! :awesome:), and tall people are less likely to beat you up for taking the mick out of them.
    This is true :p:

Though is is quite easy to get crushed in large crowds :sad:

(Original post by jonnyofengland)
    When you die I also have dibs on your obituary. :beard:
    :teeth:

If you say so :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah and best of luck Kate

:wizard:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck kate!

Just back from work. Town was fully of chuggers :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Good luck kate!

Just back from work. Town was fully of chuggers :grumble:
    Chuggers? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Chuggers? :confused:
    chugger = charity muggers

People who are paid to raise money for a given charity and are very insistent on it as most are paid some sort of commission basis.

Fortunately I managed to avoid talking to them by scowling at them :p:

ReputationRep:

People who are paid to raise money for a given charity and are very insistent on it as most are paid some sort of commission basis.

I always end up in their clutches, giving some money because they are so insistent. But on the other hand I feel good about giving money to charity, although I prefer to give it without harrasment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I always end up in their clutches, giving some money because they are so insistent. But on the other hand I feel good about giving money to charity, although I prefer to give it without harrasment
    If I give money to charity it will be on my terms, not because someone is trying to force me.

ReputationRep:

I got cornered by one on the last day of my exams. This being my first time in the city centre in about two months, I was coming down after spending the before mentioned two months constantly working about 16 hours a day, not eating properly and no sunlight. So when he came up to me I just kind of shrugged and decided to have a nice wee chat. We walked all the way down one big long street in Glasgow with him asking me questions. The gist of it going "I'm so so tired. I'm a medic. I'm contributed to poverty by being a future doctor, please take pity and leave me to die in a corner"

He did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I got cornered by one on the last day of my exams. This being my first time in the city centre in about two months, I was coming down after spending the before mentioned two months constantly working about 16 hours a day, not eating properly and no sunlight. So when he came up to me I just kind of shrugged and decided to have a nice wee chat. We walked all the way down one big long street in Glasgow with him asking me questions. The gist of it going "I'm so so tired. I'm a medic. I'm contributed to poverty by being a future doctor, please take pity and leave me to die in a corner"

He did
    :rofl: nicely done.

I was chased by a christian one across the piazza once I said I was atheist

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo new car :awesome: (although technically it's my mum's :ahee:). It is slightly pathetic I felt a bit sad as we left the old car :emo:?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: nicely done.

I was chased by a christian one across the piazza once I said I was atheist
    I really was pathetic though lol The black circles round my eyes are just about gone but mmmaaan I WAS shattered!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Woohoo new car :awesome: (although technically it's my mum's :ahee:). It is slightly pathetic I felt a bit sad as we left the old car :whistle:
    I wish I could drive a car :p: My aunt learned to drive in 10 lessons, clever woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I really was pathetic though lol The black circles round my eyes are just about gone but mmmaaan I WAS shattered!
    lol I can imagine :p:

A thread I as having fun in has been banned :sad:
    The working class-o-phobia one, I was having such fun baiting the OP :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I was shattered on my last exam - 2.5 hours of English, in the end I just wanted to go to sleep

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could drive a car :p: My aunt learned to drive in 10 lessons, clever woman
    It is fun And that's pretty impressive, for a woman.... :p:

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: naughty :p:

My brother has alot of pressure on him wrt driving. Everyone in our family who has learnt to drive in the UK has passed first time, right back until a test didn't exist!

Lets hope he gets it right :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, she was given few tutorials by my granddad and her ex-husband, but because it always ended in them shouting at her she hired an instructor :p: So I don't think she had much of prep
    what is your new car like?

ReputationRep:
    I was shattered on my last exam - 2.5 hours of English, in the end I just wanted to go to sleep
    I remember doing a similar english exam with sunburn down my left arm, I also managed to sit in the one spot of sunlight in the room so I was roasted.

On the medic exam day strangely, I got home at about 2am, managed to get up at 5am, down for a coffee by 6am and I wasn't the only one milling around! Medics are just so much more diehard than what I'm used to!

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: naughty :p:

My brother has alot of pressure on him wrt driving. Everyone in our family who has learnt to drive in the UK has passed first time, right back until a test didn't exist!

Lets hope he gets it right :p:
    Haha, I'd best be careful in case Subcutaneous finds the thread and leads a witch hunt :mob: :p: That's some good driving genes in the family, make sure he knows he's the weak link (if he doesn't pass first time )

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'd best be careful in case Subcutaneous finds the thread and leads a witch hunt :p: That's some good driving genes in the family, make sure he knows he's the weak link (if he doesn't pass first time )
    That might be a little mean. I will probably still do it :p:

though he will get less flak than a friend who failed the theory :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.