Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Mum is cooking now, I'm salivating at the smell of it And the onion bhajis look soooooooo good :drool:
    Hmm, I decided to have tea for now, but with Oreos :coma:, and deal with steaks later :yes: Don't really like onion bhajis :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    the proposal, avec the girls I'm looking forward to it seeing as I haven't seen any friends since last Saturday. Sometimes I hate my life lol
    I haven't seen one of my best friends since the end of June, because she's in Oz :sad: I really, really, really miss her - she is one of a kind and I'm going to miss her so much at university too. Last night I went out for a goodbye do for my other best friend who is going to South Africa on Tuesday for a month :sad:
    I want to see My sister's keeper but I've heard they change the ending, which is sort of key to the story so I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Hmm, I decided to have tea for now, but with Oreos :coma:, and deal with steaks later :yes: Don't really like onion bhajis :p:
    Oh my god, I could eat Onion Bhajis until I turned into one! I really have smelly food likes, I love pickled onions too :p:
    And Oreos :coma: They were giving our free Oreos once at my cinema, it was awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Don't be scared it'll be fantastic! I'm so excited about the first years starting! When the applicants were doing interviews me and my mates would sit and discuss them from a far like "oh that guy's dad is a pushy daddy", "that girl looks like shes about to chuck up!" etcetc they all looked so terrified!
    Haha, I'm pretty excited as well ! I wonder what I'll be classified as :p:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen one of my best friends since the end of June, because she's in Oz :sad: I really, really, really miss her - she is one of a kind and I'm going to miss her so much at university too. Last night I went out for a goodbye do for my other best friend who is going to South Africa on Tuesday for a month :sad:
    I want to see My sister's keeper but I've heard they change the ending, which is sort of key to the story so I'm not sure
    Aww that sucks

I'm really really close to my uni friends, I think its something to do with how much time we spend together and somethings you can't explain to a non medic. I was devastated to say bye to them for three months. But it's only 7 weeks until I see them again!! Cannot wait! I missed them a lot for a while but then tried not to focus on it, I know they are there and missng me as much! :yes:

As for sister's keeper, if you've read the book don't bother going to see the film. It completely misses the point and focuses on the child with leukemia whereas the book is a view on the family and the internal pressures of having a very ill child. It's supposed to focus on her sister and her struggle and motives for wanting medical emancipation. But the film just glorifies the illness and makes it into a weak weapy film, where it should have been a hard hitting critique of humanity and it's fear of loss and death.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, I could eat Onion Bhajis until I turned into one! I really have smelly food likes, I love pickled onions too :p:
    And Oreos :coma: They were giving our free Oreos once at my cinema, it was awesome!
    No, pickled onions are not anywhere near my list of likes. The only way I like my onions is either fried or fresh and crunchy (but only if they are balanced by other flavours and are not bitter) And Oreos rock, not least because they remind me of my childhood

My friend wants to see "Proposal", but I want to see the one about the kids in Dublin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Haha, I'm pretty excited as well ! I wonder what I'll be classified as :p:

Probably one of the more down to earth ones, I don't imagine you are the type to do that whole "I got 12A*s, how many did you get? Oh well I got 100% in 11 and 98% in the twelfth..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Aww that sucks

I'm really really close to my uni friends, I think its something to do with how much time we spend together and somethings you can't explain to a non medic. I was devastated to say bye to them for three months. But it's only 7 weeks until I see them again!! Cannot wait! I missed them a lot for a while but then tried not to focus on it, I know they are there and missng me as much! :yes:

As for sister's keeper, if you've read the book don't bother going to see the film. It completely misses the point and focuses on the child with leukemia whereas the book is a view on the family and the internal pressures of having a very ill child. It's supposed to focus on her sister and her struggle and motives for wanting medical emancipation. But the film just glorifies the illness and makes it into a weak weapy film, where it should have been a hard hitting critique of humanity and it's fear of loss and death.
    Yeah we're really close too, it's going to be hard saying goodbye as we go our separate ways in September. BUT they are not going to get rid of me easily

Yeah I've read the book, which is why I don't want to see the film and have it ruin the book. Sounds like they really muck up the storyline, perhaps I won't go see it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we're really close too, it's going to be hard saying goodbye as we go our separate ways in September. BUT they are not going to get rid of me easily

Yeah I've read the book, which is why I don't want to see the film and have it ruin the book. Sounds like they really muck up the storyline, perhaps I won't go see it.
    tbh it happens all the time, when a film butchers the book completely or at least part of it. There are exceptions of course but still, it makes me angry when they do unnesessary changes that distort the whole narrative of the book

ReputationRep:
    tbh it happens all the time, when a film butchers the book completely or at least part of it. There are exceptions of course but still, it makes me angry when they do unnesessary changes that distort the whole narrative of the book
    My sister's keeper actually completely changes the ended and how the character's pan out, for example the brother goes from being an arsenist to a police man, in the film he's just an artist! AGH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    My sister's keeper actually completely changes the ended and how the character's pan out, for example the brother goes from being an arsenist to a police man, in the film he's just an artist! AGH.
    My point exactly- its an atrociuos treatment of literature by movie industry.

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

i've been on a boat all day on the Norfolk Broads :woo:

Sadly they have ridiculously low speed limits :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    :hi:

i've been on a boat all day on the Norfolk Broads :woo:

Sadly they have ridiculously low speed limits :mad2:
    :hi: I knew you would be in :love: with boating, being Lemon's friend

ReputationRep:
    Man I'm bored... I've read most of the FML...maybe I should go back to making notes on spinal ligaments??

ReputationRep:
    :hi: I knew you would be in :love: with boating, being Lemon's friend
    :rofl: I never used to be but Lemon converted me :o:

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Man I'm bored... I've read most of the FML...maybe I should go back to making notes on spinal ligaments??
    When i'm bored I watch a Doctor Who dvd - maybe you could try that? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: I never used to be but Lemon converted me :o:

How are you?
    I'm fine, just lazing around instead of doing work :o: Need to translate two documents but can't be bothered
    Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    When i'm bored I watch a Doctor Who dvd - maybe you could try that? :dontknow:
    I stayed up to 7am this morning watching the first season of skins lol. Doctor Who doesn't really float my boat but I'll prob give it a go sometime soon

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine, just lazing around instead of doing work :o: Need to translate two documents but can't be bothered
    Yourself?
    Yeah i'm pretty good thanks, not looking forward to the Norfolk-->Cornwall drive tomorrow :sad:

(Original post by fatal)
    I stayed up to 7am this morning watching the first season of skins lol. Doctor Who doesn't really float my boat but I'll prob give it a go sometime soon
    Well, if you do, then go for City of Death or Caves of Androzani - those two are brilliant :top:

I've never watched Skins - might try it when I get the chance :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm pretty good thanks, not looking forward to the Norfolk-->Cornwall drive tomorrow :sad:

Well, if you do, then go for City of Death or Caves of Androzani - those two are brilliant :top:

I've never watched Skins - might try it when I get the chance :yep:

Honeslty go for it! I didn't think much of it but its so so so funny, espesh season one epi 6! They are all on 4oD :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.